Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Mulumbu joins Kilmarnock

As above, wonder what wages they''re paying him. Rumoured to be on mega bucks here, barely played.

Always a very peculiar signing for us, with lots of promise as an experienced Premier League player who then struggled to get into our side. Guess he either wasn''t that good or wasn''t bothered

I doubt he will be on mega bucks now. Most Scottish premiership clubs are paying players at English League 1 levels.

[quote user="ec-p"]As above, wonder what wages they''re paying him. Rumoured to be on mega bucks here, barely played.[/quote]same as the others, or they would not have signed him

Guess he either wasn''t that good or wasn''t bothered I would think the latter

It seems to me that the majority of players that left, so that we were reducing the wage bill, have gone to clubs paying less than they were picking up here. Could we not have re-negotiated ?

6 month deal; from the Daily Record.

Mulumbu told the Kilmarnock website:

"I didn''t have a good season with Norwich but I had time to think about

in in the summer and now I am good to go and looking forward to helping

my team mates to be in the first part of the table.

"Obviously I

did not come to Kilmarnock just like that. I spoke to Steve Clarke and

it was a big impact for me that he came here. I worked with him for a

year and a half and I know he is an honest manager and the way he trains

and the way he wants to play.

"I am just looking forward to

playing and to show the real Youssouf Mulumbu. I have been at Norwich

for two years and it never really worked.

"I am a fighter on the

pitch, someone who likes to help his teammkates. I like to win the ball

and go forward. But the most important thing is to show it on the

pitch."

Apples

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]It seems to me that the majority of players that left, so that we were reducing the wage bill, have gone to clubs paying less than they were picking up here. Could we not have re-negotiated ? [/quote]There was nothing to re-negotiate. Their contracts had expired. I ''believe'' there is also something that says we have to offer a similar contract if we want go keep them.Those who already went almost immediately to another club would have arranged that once they knew we would not be renewing their contractsHave we really missed any of them ?My understanding is that amongst them was some of the ''malcontents'' who were the cause of some of the problems at the club .

@SwindonCanary:

"It seems to me that the majority of players that left, so that we were reducing the wage bill, have gone to clubs paying less than they were picking up here. Could we not have re-negotiated?"

I don''t think we needed or wanted to renegotiate. With the exception of Ruddy, all of those who left (Bassong, Lafferty, Mulumbu, Bennett especially), had gone stale and didn''t want to be here. None of them were first choice, yet were drawing large salaries.

Whether they are better players than what we have now is a different debate - but I don''t think any of them fit the new style - though Bennett is doing well at Wolves.

True, but at the time, on a free, he looked like a reasonable signing - strong, combative midfielder with Premiership experience. Never showed those attributes for us though.

I think he did show what he could do in bursts, but if I remember correctly he was a bit of a sick-note picking up several knocks which made him unavailable.

he will be on around 7 / 5 k a week Lafferty is only on 7k a week hearts after what he was earning here 25 k +

when you are a free agent you have to accept what is offered

With Lafferty and Mulumbu on £50,000 plus per week between them and both barely playing for us for 2 years, it''s not difficult to see where all the money has gone.

Be lucky to get into the Busmen Sunday team

Absolute waster

Another AN bloomer to add to the others

[quote user="capricorn1"]Given that Bassong still hasn''t got a club, is he over pricing him or do they all think he''s not worth it?[/quote]A case of both I would imagineThere was a good reason he was shunted of to Watford on loan ''disruptive'' ......... was the word I heardCan''t say any of those sold or released have set the footballing world ablazeAny wonder that the scouting network needed changing.If what has come in has not set the world ablaze too much either I don''t think we can question their commitment or lack of Bertie Big Bollox attitude either (Oliveira excepted)

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]It seems to me that the majority of players that left, so that we were reducing the wage bill, have gone to clubs paying less than they were picking up here. Could we not have re-negotiated ? [/quote]There was nothing to re-negotiate. Their contracts had expired. I ''believe'' there is also something that says we have to offer a similar contract if we want go keep them.Those who already went almost immediately to another club would have arranged that once they knew we would not be renewing their contractsHave we really missed any of them ?My understanding is that amongst them was some of the ''malcontents'' who were the cause of some of the problems at the club .[/quote]

oh dear-of course we don''t have to offer them a similar contract-we can offer them what we like-they possibly won''t accept it but that''s a different matter.

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="capricorn1"]Given that Bassong still hasn''t got a club, is he over pricing him or do they all think he''s not worth it?[/quote]A case of both I would imagineThere was a good reason he was shunted of to Watford on loan ''disruptive'' ......... was the word I heardCan''t say any of those sold or released have set the footballing world ablazeAny wonder that the scouting network needed changing.If what has come in has not set the world ablaze too much either I don''t think we can question their commitment or lack of Bertie Big Bollox attitude either (Oliveira excepted)[/quote]

None of them set the world alight hey Rhubarb 😂😂

I’m sure Ruddy and Bennett will laugh at that quote as they look down from the top of this division we are currently 15th in!

Beat me to it Baldyboy so be prepared for a smartar$e reply and i will be accused of following Mr. Ever Right & Never Wrong around the messageboard. [;)]

[quote user="STFU"][quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]It seems to me that the majority of players that left, so that we were reducing the wage bill, have gone to clubs paying less than they were picking up here. Could we not have re-negotiated ? [/quote]There was nothing to re-negotiate. Their contracts had expired. I ''believe'' there is also something that says we have to offer a similar contract if we want go keep them.Those who already went almost immediately to another club would have arranged that once they knew we would not be renewing their contractsHave we really missed any of them ?My understanding is that amongst them was some of the ''malcontents'' who were the cause of some of the problems at the club .[/quote]

oh dear-of course we don''t have to offer them a similar contract-we can offer them what we like-they possibly won''t accept it but that''s a different matter.[/quote]
Not sure if we could have done. I think that''s right if they''re completely out of contract but if the club hold the year option, as I believe we did for Ruddy and Bennett, then they couldn''t negotiate a new contract with the option being the only deal possible.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Beat me to it Baldyboy so be prepared for a smartar$e reply and i will be accused of following Mr. Ever Right & Never Wrong around the messageboard. [;)][/quote]maybe because I bother to check first - you should try it sometimeand you are free to refute what ever I have said, as I''m sure you have appeared in court when someone has been riding without lights, scrumping apples or similar ............. so you are well away that either side is free to question and challenge evidenceso here''s the explanation(for the plod headed I have highlighted the relevant bits)65.3 Subject to the provisions of this Regulation 65, any Club which

makes an offer in accordance with Regulation 65.2 of re-engagement to a

Contract Player who is an Under 24 Player and which is in the opinion of

the Board not less favourable than the Player''s current contractual

terms,
shall be entitled to a Compensation Fee in respect of the loss of

the Player''s registration, should the Player sign for another Club. In

order to comply with this Regulation, the annual value of the terms

offered must be at least equivalent to the most favourable year''s terms

in the Player''s previous contract.
The terms offered to Players for

re-engagements must be as favourable overall except that a signing-on

fee included in the previous contract and stated to be a once only

payment need not be repeated. Copies of all offers of re-engagement made

to Contract Players must be sent to The League.However, contrary to the idiocy routinely spouted on here we do not know the exact terms of any player''s contrac, and this clause relateds to one particular aspect of player''s contract.I am sure there is provision for a club and player to renegotiate the renumeration of a contract at any time, however the thought that a player would accept a lower amount is rather hoping, to put it mildly. It cannot be forced upon him either.And while the club has to give written notice by the 3rd Sat in May of an new offer the player is not obliged to take it up.The original reply was to Swindon re his query about renegotiating player contracts - sadly it has been highjacked by the usual suspects.Perhaps I shall put up a thread about point duty or helping old ladies across the road. Then perhaps I will know that at least one of those replying has a clue about what they are talking about,

Oh dear me it looks like in your haste to further continue your tiresome Plod crusade you have answered the wrong post. My response was about the post by Baldyboy with regard to Ruddy and Bennett but hey ho carry on.

[quote user="Baldyboy"] None of them set the world alight hey Rhubarb 😂😂

I’m sure Ruddy and Bennett will laugh at that quote as they look down from the top of this division we are currently 15th in![/quote]There you go City1st,this is what i was responding to as a result of you originally posting about players who we have sold or released. Your waffle and babble bollox about contracts had nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

When Mulumbu first signed on a free he looked like an astute piece of business, offering premier league experience and physicality in midfield. He started pre season well, and shone in a couple of friendlies...

Then he got injured and missed the start of the season, the only Mulumbu we ever saw after that was, slow, laboured and looked pretty uninterested in proving he was anything other than a huge financial burden to the club.

But then, I guess we''ll always have this...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/20/youssouf-mulumbus-changing-faces-sum-up-norwich-citys-new-kits-5305084/

Difficult to think that Wolves success is down to Ruddy and Bennett. They may play their part but there are a number of other players that have put them at the top of the table.

Both playing in a defence that has conceded less than a goal a game which is promotion form and to think that last season Ruddy and Bennett were perceived as a big part of the problem with us leaking goals.