Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

8th highest prices in the country

Quite shocked by the edp report today. A group of us were talking at the game on Saturday surprised and annoyed that we have the highest adult season ticket prices in the championship now it seams half the premiership is cheaper too. It will be interesting to see what happens at renewal time. It would take a lot for me to give mine up but I don''t like being ripped off

Maybe the club actually thinks that Norfolk has the 8th highest employment wages/salaries in the Country?.......It''s all about disposable income......and watching NCFC and their fluctuating and frustrating performances at the moment, is certainly disposing of one''s income......

I don''t think there''s a waiting list for a ticket. But I think there''s a waiting list for tickets together. Certainly for tickets together in good areas. When my grandsons got their ticket a few years ago I had to move my seat to a different place so that they could sit with their mum or dad. Later I was put out to grass in the blankets anyway....

If we were pl the price would be mid range for that division which would be ok ish. Given that we are a mid table championship side I would expect it to be £50 to £100 cheaper. I accept I have a choice and that is to continue to attend through thick and thin but that doesn''t mean I am happy about it

Not sure what you mean Yorkie. How does your season ticket price compare to the equivalent seat in other comparable stadiums?

How do you work out what a comparable seat in a comparable stadium is exactly? Do you think tickets should be more to sit in nicer stadiums?

No Kingo. Its just this cheapest season ticket comparison doesn''t tell me anything. To me it looks like a headline figure that could mean anything.

It doesn''t tell you anything?

It tells everybody else that we are the most expensive in the league, and the 8th most expensive in the country.

Now look at what the club is ''offering'' in terms of openly admitting players will have to be sold to balance the books etc, it doesn''t appear great value for money...

Seeing as we''ve gone Germanic all of a sudden why dont we charge German prices, i beleive Bayern decent seats are around €25. Or the spanish model perhaps, a walk in ticket spanish 2nd tier, €7.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]It doesn''t tell you anything?

It tells everybody else that we are the most expensive in the league, and the 8th most expensive in the country.

Now look at what the club is ''offering'' in terms of openly admitting players will have to be sold to balance the books etc, it doesn''t appear great value for money...[/quote]
Well it doesn''t tell me that. I''m not so daft as to pay way over the odds for my ticket for five years like you seem to be.
What it tells me is that all but eight clubs have a cheaper season ticket than we do. It doesn''t tell me where that ticket is or how many of that priced tickets are available. Norwich''s cheapest ticket is widely available across the stadium. Whole stands are for sale at that price. I think the wings are probably slightly over priced and that includes my ticket. But other areas like the centre blocks behind the goals are probably under priced. And cheaper than the binners who have increased their prices every year while ours have been frozen.
So to sum up the only way to know if we are being ripped off IS to compare prices of equivalent seats at other stadiums. However I think our average season ticket price is quite possibly very competitive.
We''re going to hell in a handcart and you couldn''t make it up...

There are those on this forum, that will say our current and future season ticket prices are wholly acceptable and good value for money - even if in the stadium during matches ST holders had to sit on wooden planks resting on milk crates with hundreds of 6" nails sticking through those planks (nail pointy ends facing upwards).....

If one as an ST holder was to have the sheer audacity to complain on this forum regarding the cost of season tickets and having to sit on the uncomfortable pointy nail plank seating, I''m sure the club apologists and NCFC board supporting sycophants would suggest to the complainers that they should enrol on an ''Indian Fakirs'' course - so they are then able to tolerate the pain threshold induced by sitting on pointy nail planks......

Yep, you betcha!

But equally there are those on this forum who whinge and whine constantly about something they choose to spend their money on. Miserable and angry about everything with never a good word to say. I''m glad that there are some who enjoy supporting their football club and don''t feel the need to constantly find sticks, however flimsy, to beat it with.

Those people who seem to think they are being ripped off for their season tickets are the same those people who think there''s folk queueing up to invest invest hundreds of millions of quid to finance their fortnightly visits to the stadium. If £43 a month for something they choose to do is too much then how can they expect all those millions from folk who obviously choose to spend their money on other things.

We re not cheaper than Ipswich behind the goals Nutty which are our cheapest price. Our Barclay & River End early bird price was £500, their equivalent behind both their goals was £423, though they charge more for their upper tier £564 , assume our upper tiers are still £500?

Ours have been frozen for last 4 seasons, theirs were frozen for 3 seasons but went up 1:5% last season. Not sure how the seats on the half way line compare, my friend sits behind their goal.

I personally don''t agree with you that prices are under priced behind the goals, £500 works out to £22, if you increase that too much, you'';re close to casual match day ticket prices

As for being ripped off, don''t think so, doubt we''d get capped at 22k four seasons in a row if fans thought that.

Just out of interest and a crude comparison Barnsley who we played Saturday charged £270 for an adult season ticket this season and I suspect we will finish close to each other at the end of the season

That''s incredible value for money. Makes you wonder why there''s about 10,000 empty seats there every match. Wonder why they haven''t dropped it further in order to get bigger crowds.

Which ever way you look at it the bottom line is that a mid table Champioship club should not be charging more for it''s cheapest season ticket than 12 Pl clubs and every other club in the Championsip.

Nevermind about the quality of entertainment, lack of home wins or promotion prospects because non of that can be gauranteed, the current pricing structure cannot be justyfied. Likewise it doesn,t matter how many cheaper tickets are availsble or where they are in the stadiums, the fact is that we have a more expensive "entry level" season ticket than 36 out of he top 44 clubs in England and that is what people will latch on to.

And they do FREE season tickets for under 12s!!!! Why don''t we do that? And they''ve still got all that space?!?!?!? Wonder if they paid people to go they could get a bigger crowd?

[quote user="Making Plans"]Which ever way you look at it the bottom line is that a mid table Champioship club should not be charging more for it''s cheapest season ticket than 12 Pl clubs and every other club in the Championsip.

Nevermind about the quality of entertainment, lack of home wins or promotion prospects because non of that can be gauranteed, the current pricing structure cannot be justyfied. Likewise it doesn,t matter how many cheaper tickets are availsble or where they are in the stadiums, the fact is that we have a more expensive "entry level" season ticket than 36 out of he top 44 clubs in England and that is what people will latch on to.[/quote]

Well it does matter, it''s called context.

Otherwise it''s a bit like "reading" the Sun - and only the headline at that.

[quote user="Diane"]We re not cheaper than Ipswich behind the goals Nutty which are our cheapest price. Our Barclay & River End early bird price was £500, their equivalent behind both their goals was £423, though they charge more for their upper tier £564 , assume our upper tiers are still £500?

Ours have been frozen for last 4 seasons, theirs were frozen for 3 seasons but went up 1:5% last season. Not sure how the seats on the half way line compare, my friend sits behind their goal.

I personally don''t agree with you that prices are under priced behind the goals, £500 works out to £22, if you increase that too much, you'';re close to casual match day ticket prices

As for being ripped off, don''t think so, doubt we''d get capped at 22k four seasons in a row if fans thought that.[/quote]
Unless I''m mistaken Norwich''s "cheapest ticket" is for the whole of the Barclay lower and upper, the whole of the river end lower and upper, Thorpe corner, Wensum corner and Community stand. The season tickets for the wings of the south stand and main stand are just a tenner more.
I remember reading last year that the binners had announced an increase in adult season ticket prices for the fourth successive year. Although I do remember something about a 5% reduction if they sold more than their usual few hundred...