Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Versus Preston.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote " Why a dreadful season this is turning out to be.

Nice one Webber. You’ve brought to us the most awfull brand of football ever to be seen at Carrow Road.

I wonder how much more you have in stock for us.Don''t worry lincoln, it''s called ''work in progress'', if you can stand it.

OldRobert wrote the following post at 2017-11-25 9:20 PM:

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote " Why a dreadful season this is turning out to be. Nice one Webber. You’ve brought to us the most awfull brand of football ever to be seen at Carrow Road. I wonder how much more you have in stock for us.

Don''t worry lincoln, it''s called ''work in progress'', if you can stand it.

“Progress”! Mmmmmmmmm, not much of that in evidence!

Well at least we know we are not going up so we can start the exodus now. Hopefully the stale high earners like Naismith and Klose and Oliveira will be offloaded so we can keep madders and pritch a bit longer

Tettey''s Jig wrote Well at least we know we are not going up so we can start the exodus now. Hopefully the stale high earners like Naismith and Klose and Oliveira will be offloaded so we can keep madders and pritch a bit longer There goes Mr Porker flying over my house..................about as much hope of keeping those two as there is Herman voting for Brexit!

Preston won every high ball into our box this afternoon. It was only their poor finishing that prevented Preston taking all three points.

On the positive side there was less tippy-tappy stuff and we put more early balls over the midfield which caused some danger.

Maddison added another million to his resale value with a Beckhamesque goal that will see us picking up enough points to avoid relegation as this has to be our objective for the rest of the season.

Forget any idea about promotion and you''ll be happier. The players aren''t good enough for promotion, there''s still some deadwood to be shifted, and it is going to take a lot of hard work to drill this squad into a fighting machine.

On the bright side, we''re probably bumping along the bottom now and there are a lot of untried youngsters to look forward to.

Where is the legacy of being in the Prem for the majority of the recent past? A big tv and a nice dugout at Carrow Road?We look to have thrown all that hard work away with nothing to show for it in the long term.

Poor and created nothing. How Jerome didnt replace the completely useless lazy Oliveira today I have no idea.

"Forget any idea about promotion and you''ll be happier. The players aren''t good enough for promotion"

That is depressing as the players who don''t look good enough are mainly those we bought in this summer.

@hogesar

You could Kane, Lewansowski, Aguero, Morata up front and nothing would change as they would still get no service and be crowded out

We are so easy to play against going forward it’s embarrassing

The club has gone full circle. We’re back to being a struggling championship club that will rely on loans and cheap signings

Really poor.

Bit concerned it appeared we were going to sub Reed off for Wildshut and Wes gestured not to make the sub and we didnt!

Oh I agree RB but it doesnt mean as a striker you down tools. The best one was when Oliveira signalled to Gunn to kick it long to him and not only did he not jump, he didnt even bother getting in position for it either. Also, several times we built up attacks he brought it down to walking pace himself. We are far too easy to defend against though, I doubt the Preston defence feel like theyve had to work really hard for that point.

Preston had the better chances and should have won. No energy, no passion, no desire to get forward, it''s just effing shyte.Arguably our most attacking line up at the end; Maddison, Pritchard, Hoolahan, Oliveira, Wildschutt and created nothing.

On the positive side there was less tippy-tappy stuff and we put more early balls over the midfield which caused some danger.

Sorry RTB but when did they look in any danger. Only when Wes combined with Maddison, the move of the match, did we create any danger.

Those two should be doing that around the box the whole match but have to drop so deep because of the lethargy of Vrancic.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]On the positive side there was less tippy-tappy stuff and we put more early balls over the midfield which caused some danger.

Sorry RTB but when did they look in any danger. Only when Wes combined with Maddison, the move of the match, did we create any danger.

Those two should be doing that around the box the whole match but have to drop so deep because of the lethargy of Vrancic.[/quote]

I thought Vrancic played quite deep today. Was he told to or did he decide to?

Less tippy-tappy making us look dangerous at times - how about the long ball to Murphy that dropped kindly as he challenged the goal keeper and he only needed to tap it into an empty net? That and the Maddison goal would have put us at 2-0 before half time. I think a draw was about right, though.

Just finished watching Sheffield United; so much energy and pushing forward trying to score. Birmingham held on well, but what struck me was how positive Sheffield were, and how they''re whole midfield supported the two up front.

Today was crying out for Jerome to play on the shoulder of their sluggish defence, supported by Murphy and/or Wildschut. We saw how the ball over the top worked really well in the first half, but we stopped playing it in the 2nd half.

Stop worrying, this is all part of the owners'' master plan. They don''t like the way football is dominated by money especially as they can''t compete financially. If we can progress to League One then we shall be in a league where no one has enough money and we will thus be competitive. Real football in old world stadiums - what''s not to love? You know it makes sense.