Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Versus Preston.

The bench has some exciting additions. Subs McGovern (GK), Jerome, Wildschut, Pritchard, Franke, Phillips, Cantwell.

How amazing is it to see Pritchard back in the squad? If the game allows would be nice to throw him on for the last 15 or so. He''s going to be like a whole new signing.

Watkins misses out completely after being a doubt, but Reed starts.

Getting a bit light on defensive midfield options, I''ve not seen Phillips play, is he more attacking or defensive? Anyone know?

Not sure AJ, I think he maybe more defensive minded. Pretty certain Cantwell is another AM.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Midfield doesn’t fill me with confidence, looks slow and laboured. Would have preferred Wildschut to Murphy or Hoolahan as well[/quote]

Agreed... same as most said before. Midfield lacks physical presence and pace. Preston will bully us today. How Wildshut doesn’t start is beyond me... and Hoolahan, Maddison and Vrancic just doesn’t work.

Nice to see Pritch and Phillips on the bench.

In other news stewards in the A Block are at it again. Seem to be focusing on 1 or 2 people when the rest of the stand is stood up.

And Murphy has decided to stand and wait to shoot an open goal until he had players back in front of him to block it easily

Overhead kick off the bar...

Followed by awes inexplicably trying to turn on his own goal line

Ref blowing for everything to Preston (he did the same v Ipswich)

Just chaotic at times. Some silly passing and just simple errors like turning your back when somebody is about to cross is just not good enough for a professional footballer.

I never thought I would clamour for Tettey but we need something in the middle.

Maddison must be allowed to do his thing so the rest have to keep their shape. But they drift everywhere.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Murphy offside in his own half

Last ditch defending keeping it level[/quote]Ran back from an offside position; free kick from where he played the ball. Linesman and ref both correct .........

Nobody else detect a complete U-turn in strategy?

Hoof! Run! Tackle!

It was head tennis for the first five minutes. Angus is kicking it into their half.

And we score!

And now we''re trying to play football again, it''s all going bristols skywards.

And get Nelson off! He''s like a piece of wet lettuce!!!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Nobody else detect a complete U-turn in strategy?

Hoof! Run! Tackle!

It was head tennis for the first five minutes. Angus is kicking it into their half.

And we score!

And now we''re trying to play football again, it''s all going bristols skywards.

And get Nelson off! He''s like a piece of wet lettuce!!![/quote] No actually Ron. Just a response to Preston pressing hard and high. The trying to play football bit is when we have possession and that little bit more time. 

Agree westcoast, I said that at the game, but surely the offence is at the point when the ball is played because at that point you are offside.

To have the free kick at the point you touch the ball, after you have run 15-20yards backwards into your own half is ridiculous...

I think we are all at the races.

This is leaderless, rudderless, tame, dross to be honest.

I know we''re winning but this has been dire second half, we just look so disjointed, passing is atrocious at times, Nelson trying to be too clever and looking a t*t for doing so, midfield really look all over the place, Preston should be winning let alone drawing... and there it is..