Sign in to follow this  
king canary

According to TWTD

I’ve never understood the fascination with attendance. It matters not if there is 100k there or one man and his dog! All that matters is what happens on the pitch at that moment in time. Attendance and past glories from donkeys years ago have no relevance

I saw this on another thread and couldn''t believe it, so I checked. Definitely what the official site says.

If true (and not some interim figure) then this is deeply worrying - equates to more than 15% drop in match day income. It''s also less than we had for a mid-week game against Burton and about 4,000 less than any other weekend game.

You would have thought this game would have bought the casuals out to see us put one over AN and maybe bumped up the numbers.

On the plus side for Farke-outers, this is more likely to produce a change than the results on the pitch (yes, I know they are linked) - money talks!

Again, quite a few empty seats around me yesterday......Think they''ll put it down to the weather, illness, Christmas shopping or maybe Brexit......?

One of the river end corners was empty almost. That must be a good 1000.

There were 5 empty seats next to me and a few dotted around tge ground.

We''re still a way off the 14000 gates of 20 years ago

Don''t we count season ticket holders automatically? So for it to be that low we''ve either got less season ticket holders than I thought or we''ve stopped doing it.

[quote user="king canary"]Don''t we count season ticket holders automatically? So for it to be that low we''ve either got less season ticket holders than I thought or we''ve stopped doing it.[/quote]Not for a few years KC. The digital entry thing keeps numbers.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Again, quite a few empty seats around me yesterday......Think they''ll put it down to the weather, illness, Christmas shopping or maybe Brexit......?[/quote]Maybe it''s you?!

["Syteanric"]One of the river end corners was empty almost. That must be a good 1000.

There were 5 empty seats next to me and a few dotted around tge ground.

We''re still a way off the 14000 gates of 20 years ago

The Wensum corner of the City stand next to the River end you are referring to holds 600!

Yesterdays crowd was 25,100?

The grounds holds about 27,100 so that means about 2000 empty seats which would be about right!

The way we are going crowds are going to drop.

JF wrote the following post at 2017-11-26 12:56 PM:

I’ve never understood the fascination with attendance. It matters not if there is 100k there or one man and his dog! All that matters is what happens on the pitch at that moment in time. Attendance and past glories from donkeys years ago have no relevance

Really. So the income from ticket sales doesn’t matter? And does the dog have to pay or not?

king canary wrote the following post at 2017-11-26 1:03 PM:

We sure that''s not a typo? Pinkun have it at 25k, 21 would be very worrying.

Season ticket holders are included in the clubs attendance figures whether they attend or not! Other sites get the official attendance.

If the crowd really was 21167 yesterday that would mean there was 6000 empty seats in the ground!

When you think the River End stand upper and lower tiers combined hold about 6000, now does anyone really think there was that many empty seats at the game yesterday?

Looking at it another way when considering the above figures- If the crowd yesterday was 21,167 then in theory the River end stand could of been shut and all the crowd fitted into the other stands!

The official crowd figure of 25,100 now seems about right!

City 2nd wrote the following post at 26/11/2017 10:07 AM:

Really. So the income from ticket sales doesn’t matter? And does the dog have to pay or not?

The income from gate receipts is insignificant to the income generated from the tv deals at Premier League level. We’ve pissed far more money up the wall on shit players than we will earn in 10 years of gate receipts. Attendance figures are just another way that fans try to play a my dicks bigger than yours game, same as history

Gate receipts will not stop the club falling back into significant debt if we stay at this level or worse drop a level. We either need to be at PL level or have owners with deep wallets. Unless you’re willing to pay £150 to watch a game

Again, quite a few empty seats around me yesterday......Think they''ll put it down to the weather, illness, Christmas shopping or maybe Brexit......?

"Herman the exit Brexit " said.......

Maybe it''s you?!

Yep maybe it is me?!.......Although, I was still in attendance......but you weren''t.......But do feel free to make assumptions......

[quote user="kingsway"]If the crowd really was 21167 yesterday [/quote]
It was 25167, a typo, trust me

Does anybody who was there seriously believe there were 6000 empty seats?

Kingo, keep away from dodgy websites buddy. No good can come of it. 😉

JF wrote the following post at 2017-11-26 2:29 PM:

City 2nd wrote the following post at 26/11/2017 10:07 AM:

The income from gate receipts is insignificant to the income generated from the tv deals at Premier League level. We’ve pissed far more money up the wall on * players than we will earn in 10 years of gate receipts. Attendance figures are just another way that fans try to play a my dicks bigger than yours game, same as history

Errrr, did I suggest those non- ticket sales were significant. The point I was making dear chap was the fact that one man and his dog wouldn’t bring in a lot, which when you have a debt of 2.7m already doesn’t help. And I hope your dick is bigger if you’re that worried!

Kingo, perhaps they heard the binners would be looking in. I like that TWTD get their talking points from our official website. Can''t be much of interest on theirs....

There was definitely not another 5000 empty seats yesterday, despite some on here claiming all ''their lot'' have given upBut then if you are a pauper from poorman road you need something to cling toOdd that no one on here has talked about people in glass houses etc...........or perhaps not that odd

[quote user="Rhubarb"]There was definitely not another 5000 empty seats yesterday, despite some on here claiming all ''their lot'' have given upBut then if you are a pauper from poorman road you need something to cling toOdd that no one on here has talked about people in glass houses etc...........or perhaps not that odd[/quote]We''re £3mill in debt and rising...might not want to be calling others paupers nowadays