Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

How long does Farke get?

Stewart Webber said, before the season started, that we will likely have to be patient at times this season before we will start to see the finished article.

So the question begs, how long are we prepared to give Farke if it carries on like this? Do we wait for our key players to come back from injury? Do we give him and Webber the January transfer window? Do we risk waiting until the end of the season?

My worry is that, if Webber is patient, gives Farke time and it doesn''t work out, we will lose the parachute payment money and will have to sell Maddison, Klose, Oliveira etc. It will be a huge opportunity missed and we will be a self-funded club with one of the league''s poorest owners.

The way I see it, we had a struggling start to the season followed by a record breaking good run of away wins and clean sheets and then we are back again struggling....but surely this topsy turvy season was expected?  It may be tough watching, but it has not been all doom and gloom. Pinto has been superb al season, Klose has been better this season, Trybull a revelation, Zimmermann has been more involved than expected and is still learning - but was very good all through our unbeaten run. Hanley looks useful.  Maddison has been superb a lot of the time.  The issues are with the fit players who are not doing it on the pitch - Murphy, Oliveira, Jerome and Wildschut - and the fact that we have injuries to key players.

I believe I read that Trybull is on a single season contract so will be able to leave next year without any fee.

Zimmerman was signed according to Farke a future and cover only, just shows how poor our defence must have been for him to look better than we had.

It''ll be interesting to see who we will sell in January to balance the books and what if any funds Farke gets! But then it''s Webber who decides players isn''t it?

I feel sorry for Farke as his style of play could work, but the players at his disposal aren''t up to his ideology, tiny tappy football with control of possession looking for that fast break and ruthless finishing, I believe Liverpool would be the way Farke would like us to play, but all our attacking players don''t have quick breaks in their locker. When he does play Murphy or Wilds they don''t perform to their full potential.

I feel a tad sorry for Farke I think he''s on a hiding to nothing here, we''re restructuring our squad to live in a very limited wage budget and four players in Oliviera, Jarvis, Naismith and Klose probably take the best part of that.

It''s not Farkes fault we''re shite, it''s the level we''re at now and it''ll only get more frustrating as debt will have to be catered for by player sales as previous owners have had to do.

Farke will be here all season, remember Huddersfield finished 19th in their transition season!

It’s not Farke’s fault we’re $hite? Oh my days, whose fault is it then? The programme sellers? The tea lady? The kit man?

Why do people keep saying it’s not his fault ffs? He chooses the team, the tactics and the tempo we play at but hey it’s not his fault!

You can''t make a Michelin dinner with beers and bread! Budgets set the standard, the players here are from previous managers and those bought in are on a very limited transfer fund!

Farke has his system and will take time to implement it!

It''s not his fault the players can''t deliver on his ideas. Those who think we''re a top 6 side are delusional, we are a mid table championship club with sub standard and unmotivated journeymen pros with no great love for this club. I''m not sure many managers would get anything out of our squad.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]It’s not Farke’s fault we’re $hite? Oh my days, whose fault is it then? The programme sellers? The tea lady? The kit man?

Why do people keep saying it’s not his fault ffs? He chooses the team, the tactics and the tempo we play at but hey it’s not his fault![/quote]

It is a collective problem.  Farke plays the players he has - and they aren''t up to it, ergo it''s a combination of problems.  It''s going to be a long hard season, but there are things to look forward to - the return of players from injury and young players starting to come through.

It is down to Farke though.

Saying it will take time to get players to play his way is not an excuse - if that’s the case then a Farke should adapt his way to get the best out of the players we have instead of going through the same motions at every home game

He has to pick up some wins soon. this cannot be allowed to drift too much further.As I never tire of telling people, "They all run out of road in the end."I sincerely hope the bloke can pull it together for the sake of the club and himself.[Y]

Rogue it''s not that easy though is it, he''s a coach from Dortmund, he''s been coached and has his style ingrained, our squad is older, slow and all our attacking players in Wes, Madders, Pritchard aren''t blessed with explosive pace, so we can''t break fast, we tend to build up very slow which is easy for visiting teams to defend against. That coupled with poor finishing, laps in defending and there you go, that''s our squad. Our aging high wage earners all out injured and not really contributing much to our club at the moment (Klose, Naismith, Jarvis, Tettey).

I lay the blame solely down to the owners not fully backing this club, trying to live on this self sustained structure with Colney needing millions spent on it, Cat 1 needing an estimated 3 million a year and no contribution from our owners. They should be investing that loan which was repaid during the good times, to show they are deserving of the fan base they have. IMO

You’re making the assumption that our owners are disappointed with our current mid table championship position and are expecting more. I think it’s likely that they are quite happy with how the season and club and going. So with that in mind I would say his position is perfectly safe unless we slip into a relegation battle

I think unless we actually look like going down then we have to give Farke the 2 years as the plan seems to be. We all knew it was gonna be a bit of a mixed bag this season and it transpires it has been like that. Is a change of manager really going to achieve promotion this season?

I suggest we spend the next half a season trying a few new things, selling the high earners and then we hope we can get it together next season with a fresh set of hungry players and hopefully a sprinkling of quality that has stayed (Maddison, Pritchard). You never know, the likes of godfrey and Morris could follow in Maddison’s shoes and become key players for us. Isn’t that why we had all that investment in the youth system in the first place?

Best bit is, if we give the young guys a go and we don’t go up then we don’t get into debt or bogged down with high earning freeloaders like rvw or Naismith either!

I’d far rather a player not be good enough than one that simply can’t be arsed to be good enough.

We can forget promotion the best chance of getting out of the division is down. For me I have seen enough but accept others want to be more patient but we have been down that road many times before. He needs wins and quick. He needs a couple by early January

[quote user="Indy"]Farke will be here all season, remember Huddersfield finished 19th in their transition season![/quote]

I watched Huddersfield v ManC this afternoon. It''s an absolute certainty that we will not be playing like they are 2 seasons from now. What is also certain is that neither Webber of Farke will be here then.

Tettey’s jig

There is more chance of hell freezing over than Maddison and Pritchard being here next season. We will do well to hold on to Maddison in January

For me I''ve been saying it for a few years now, football has moved on from our owners they can''t afford a club of ur size and our fans demands! That''s the simple fact, without TV money of the premiership, we''re one of the poorer clubs in the championship and will remain that way without promotion.

It''s not if you like Delia or not but fact is they can''t afford us and they''re trying to run NCFC as a sustainable business and that''s nearly impossible, as this will require selling of developed assets in players from our expensive youth system, so if that faulters we have less to spend, more cost cutting, the termination of things like Cat 1 and downgrading of coaching, the quality of players and ultimately more loans and getting back to the good old days of Roader type teams. I could be wrong but we''re already seeing budgets slashed, players sold to cover debt and that''s with parachute payments.

Not Long

he has turned some good players into poor ones

nobody is confident the flair has been knocked out of the attacking players

when you watch other teams with lesser players playing good football it makes you think it is not the players it is Farke not getting the best out of them

if we were playing good football but losing you could say fair enough we are not good enough but we did our best and gave it a good go

when you are playing terrible football with nelson murphy wes maddision pinto klose hanley and now back pritchard in your team something is wrong

Hope he gets enough time and can turn it around, if not, then I really, really hope the board go for a manager who''s more concered with winning games than a pjilosopy or setting up positivly/attacking/defensive etc

Last time we had a manager not set in a style of play or mindset was Lambert. I''d like to see us go for the style of play Lambert used, the one Burnley are doing so well with and that Leicester won the title with.

Focus on winning one v one duels, keep defensive duties simple, get the ball forward quickly with fast counters, defend with your life off the ball, pace and power up front with a physical, perpetually confident striker and keep things as simple as possible, allowing players to focus on winning their battles.

If this philosophy can get going and we do well off of it then fantastic and I''m still full of hope that it will. If not I want to see us try for a style that will get the best out of limited players, so counter attacking football with a team full of energetic, committed, physical players. Huddersfield was a fluke imo, we should be looking at emulating Burnley instead imo. From what I know about our fans I think they''d absolutely love that style of football

The whole club is sleepwalking into trouble both on and off the field and the fans are innocent bystanders in all this.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 26/11/2017 8:52 PM:

The whole club is sleepwalking into trouble both on and off the field and the fans are innocent bystanders in all this.

Spot on. And our fan base will bend over and take it!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The whole club is sleepwalking into trouble both on and off the field and the fans are innocent bystanders in all this.[/quote]the end is nigh

["TIL 1010">The whole club is sleepwalking into trouble both on and off the field and the fans are innocent bystanders in all this.

Very true!

All this transition season mullarky is accepted by most fans but the inept team selections, formations and systems are poor transition season or not!

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 26/11/2017 9:30 PM:

Does this fanbase include you JF?

Not any more. Haven’t attended a game all season but I’m happy to protest at my tv screen 👍🏻😄

I think we would have to look in genuine danger of going down for us to even contemplate getting rid of Farke.

He was brought in with clear instruction from Webber to play a certain style with identity. Webber said it several times. Which is probably why he keeps trying to persist with the style. Maybe we will vary a bit like we did on Saturday to try and get some points on the board.

Id like to think we would make some movement in the January window to help Farke out.

Id like to think we would make some movement in the January window to help Farke out.Send Vrancic and Franke out on loan to a lower league club to ''toughen'' them up a bitGodfrey and Ragget to return and maybe cash in on Klose (if possible)We need a target man someone in the box. Nelson is not that man and Jerome is beginning to lose his edge,It''s all very well having players who can score from outside the box and having the brilliant deadball skills of Maddison we we don''t have anyone who is regularly ''finishing''.

Farke needs to figure out a way to get more goals out of the team. Otherwise events will overtake him, and he will be replaced. Because 17 goals in 19 games simply isn''t good enough. It''s not enough to win games at Carrow Road, and it''s not enough to regularly pick up points away from home. We can talk about style and changes in personnel all day long. But if you cannot score, you won''t win games.