Sign in to follow this  
Bill

is there a linesman in the house ?

I''m not sure it was fair to get the poor fellow to hobble across the pitch as if he was desperate for a pis. Then send the fourth official out over, before it dawned on them that they did not have a spare as fourth official.I can only assume the stand in is ''registered'' or something with the club as he was there fairly promptly, but didn''t seem to know what his role was or how to work the ''numbers board''.Otherwise I have to say I was quite surprised by the atmosphere almost everyone seemed to be behind the team. Maybe give Farke the afternoon off next time and get some bloke from the C@SN league to stand on the touchline and send on the subs

The stand in as you call him was our very own Spud Thornhill who is known to hundreds of Norwich fans as he attends virtually every home and away game and is also on virtually every social media and football website. He is a regular on Scrimmage and is also known by many within the Football Club.Furthermore he is my postman. [:D]

He is indeed Swindon. Referees in local leagues and if i remember rightly this is not the first time he has had to step from the crowd.

Why do have this fourth official, never used to. When a team needed to make a sub the LINESMAN held his flag horizontally and at the next stoppage it happened plus we never knew how much extra time was added either. Next up will have a standby fifth, sixth and seventh official.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]He is indeed Swindon. Referees in local leagues and if i remember rightly this is not the first time he has had to step from the crowd.[/quote]
I love Spud, really nice man, comes to our events and is Norwich through and through, bet he doesn''t like being so much in the limelight though

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The stand in as you call him was our very own Spud Thornhill who is known to hundreds of Norwich fans as he attends virtually every home and away game and is also on virtually every social media and football website. He is a regular on Scrimmage and is also known by many within the Football Club.Furthermore he is my postman. [:D][/quote]Blo ody name dropperotherwise a well deserved ''honour''  (play his cards right and he will be on Celebrity get me out of the sh it next year)ps who told him what time is added on ?

Top man - he was very active on the old "official" message board..

...those were the days....... :)