Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Ticket Prices v Brentford.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]It’s an awkward situation.

Poor performances and results mean games are not sold out, there are lots of empty seats about. So the club choose to lower prices of a few matches to ge more fans in. Nothing wrong with that in theory.

But if the results don’t improve, we struggle for the rest of the season , attendances will stay low next year. If the club continue with lower prices to offset declines in attendance surely there comes a point when it would be almost as cheap to actually buy 23 casual tickets instead of a season ticket?

Based on 23 games a season it wouldn’t take much for the 2 price points to meet[/quote]

For the record I actually did a price comparison for last season based on what I paid for my season ticket and the casual ticket price for the seats I purchased in the same area to take a friend along.....

I was shocked to realise I actually saved less than £2 per game by purchasing a season ticket !!

Saving £2 a game for season ticket holders is pants when they get the money up front and most people will miss a couple of games anyway. Not too long ago a ST holder saved about 4 games

I wonder if the price of 2018/2019 season tickets will rise, to offset the low cost of the Brentford game?......Yerz dunt ger owt fer nowt.......

Correct me if i am wrong but from memory Barnsley was £23,PNE was £23 and next we have Brentford at £10 and we had Burton for £18 those four alone would average out at £18.50 which is well below the cost of a season ticket so the club have got to be very careful with these cut price offers.

Didn’t some people commit to a longer term season ticket? Five years or something a while back?

Wonder how they’re feeling? With crowds falling rapidly and casual tickets being available at knock-down-can’t-give-em-away prices, they must feel like they’ve been had over by the club.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Didn’t some people commit to a longer term season ticket? Five years or something a while back?

Wonder how they’re feeling? With crowds falling rapidly and casual tickets being available at knock-down-can’t-give-em-away prices, they must feel like they’ve been had over by the club.[/quote]Wind up ? Maybe, but I''ll give you the benefit of the doubt [:D]I think the tickets were for a three year stretch Duncs. I think Tilly had one. Mind you with the age of some on here a guarantee of a refund on production of a death certificate must have been in the T''s & C''s [;)]I wouldn''t want to give up my season ticket and go casual. It''s a good view and most of the group around me have there for years as have the stewards. We all have a laugh which takes our minds off the footie which is always handy when we''re in the doldrums. You don''t get that when you don''t know where you''ll be sitting from one match to the next and there''s the extra hassle of getting the tickets each time you go.

Yes Duncan i fell for McNally''s bullcrap and have paid up until the end of the 18/19 season. I won''t be doing that again.

Worth flagging that those prices you''ve listed - £23, £18 etc - all include a £2 discount for which the £25 outlay of Priority Membership is required, so that takes the average cost up for buying casual tickets - not to mention the £1.50 a time booking fee unless you buy in person. Having done the maths on the individual ticket prices so far, even with this £10 deal included ST holders are still well up on average across the season - and that''s without having had the Ipswich and Leeds games yet, which will presumably both be £40 as in previous years.

It''s clear from the seating plan that Brentford have sent back a big block of seats - as a ST holder while I agree we are paying too much, I''m also fine with a deal at an expensive time of year that ensures those seats will be filled with fellow fans who are perhaps unable to commit to a ST.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Didn’t some people commit to a longer term season ticket? Five years or something a while back?

Wonder how they’re feeling? With crowds falling rapidly and casual tickets being available at knock-down-can’t-give-em-away prices, they must feel like they’ve been had over by the club.[/quote]Not at all. I was happy to sell my entire extended family into slavery to pay in one go for three years of footballing entertainment and do my bit for the good of the club. And I cannot imagine anyone who did the same would think differently.

The Scum dropped the price for our game this season to £30 so maybe we will do the same for the return in March.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The Scum dropped the price for our game this season to £30 so maybe we will do the same for the return in March.[/quote]We might do the same if like them we had a problem selling all the tickets for the game but I''m not sure that''ll be the case.

I''m so very lucky......I''ve got a season ticket and I don''t have to pay £10.00 to watch the Brentford game......I''m guaranteed a seat when all those desperate closet NCFC supporters will be falling over each other and clamouring for a £10.00 ticket......

Shouldn''t be one empty seat in the ground against high-flyin'' Brentford.....It''ll be certain a full house and the game will be an absolute football feast of supreme skill!......The stadium will be absolutely ''ROCKIN''!......Keep the faith! Onwards and Upwards! Prudence with Ambition! "Where are Yah!?......OTBC!......

[quote user="TIL 1010"]£10 for adults, £5 for coffin dodgers and kids for a quid ! I thought that with 22,000 ish season ticket holders this sort of Scum approach to ticketing would not be necessary and only be for cup games. [;)]A sign of things to come maybe ?[/quote]

In 1988 Mr Chase only charged £3.50 to get into the old Barclay corner terrace and £5.00 to sit in Block G of the South Stand. The football was a lot better too. Much, much better in fact. Now you have to pay a lot more for a lot less. Why??

TIL1010

The Scum dropped the price for our game this season to £30 so maybe we will do the same for the return in March.

Would be better if we charged them £75 a ticket and keep the majority away ;-)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I used to pay two bob to get in the river end. Got to see Tommy Bryceland for that too ☺[/quote]

Well I had a season ticket to watch Kevin Keelan, Mel Machin, Graham Paddon, Phil Boyer and Ted MacDougall. That''s 5 for a whole season to the price of your one player for one game.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]TIL1010

Would be better if we charged them £75 a ticket and keep the majority away ;-)[/quote]
The scum are trying to set up a scheme to cap away fan prices at £30 so I would imagine that is the price for away fans at all their games.
Afraid raising prices won''t keep them away, they''ll just nick the cash to get in off St John''s ambulance or various small local businesses/charities.

[quote user="Making Plans"]It''s the way of the World. No matter what you do or where you go someone will have always paid less than you for the same thing.[/quote]The buses are the worst - sitting next to some schoolkid who has paid half what I paidI did try to tell the driver that he should extend his bus so as to get more passengers inHe just told me to get off........................... or something like that

[quote user="Rhubarb"]He just told me to get off........................... or something like that[/quote]I am not so sure it is just the bus driver who said and thinks that. [:P]

quote user="Big Vince"-quote

Well I had a season ticket to watch Kevin Keelan, Mel Machin, Graham Paddon, Phil Boyer and Ted MacDougall. That''s 5 for a whole season to the price of your one player for one game.[/quote

A whole season of Paddon and Boyer together BV? Are you sure? Just asking, because we can''t have spurious stuff on here........

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]quote user="Big Vince"-quote

Well I had a season ticket to watch Kevin Keelan, Mel Machin, Graham Paddon, Phil Boyer and Ted MacDougall. That''s 5 for a whole season to the price of your one player for one game.[/quote

A whole season of Paddon and Boyer together BV? Are you sure? Just asking, because we can''t have spurious stuff on here........[/quote]
I was going to comment on that because they were never all at the club together. But they did all play in the same season.  Vinny''s never quite there in his historic claims as I have pointed out time and time again. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]quote user="Big Vince"-quote

A whole season of Paddon and Boyer together BV? Are you sure? Just asking, because we can''t have spurious stuff on here........[/quote]
I was going to comment on that because they were never all at the club together. But they did all play in the same season.  Vinny''s never quite there in his historic claims as I have pointed out time and time again. 
[/quote]

Show me where I said they played in the same team.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]You said a ''whole season''.[/quote]

They all played in the same whole season covered by my season ticket not in the same team the whole season.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Rhubarb"]He just told me to get off........................... or something like that[/quote]I am not so sure it is just the bus driver who said and thinks that. [:P][/quote]oh dearI think the common term is "whoooooooo-ooooooosh!"