Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Ticket Prices v Brentford.

£10 for adults, £5 for coffin dodgers and kids for a quid ! I thought that with 22,000 ish season ticket holders this sort of Scum approach to ticketing would not be necessary and only be for cup games. [;)]A sign of things to come maybe ?

["Yorkshire Canary"]I was surprised when I saw the prices on the board at the game yesterday. With season tickets averaging £22 a game not a good advert for paying £500 up front.

Fair enough doing this once a season, especially how we''ve playing at home of late but too often would be unfair on season ticket holders paying money up front!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]£10.00?

Makes my £850 ish annual season ticket cost ''pale into insignificance''.....[/quote]
You must sit in the padded seats at the back of the Main Stand, near the press , if you move about 12 rows forward where you''ll get the same view, it was only £560 last season though I assume you get access to a lounge at halftime which includes tea/coffee and a programme?

Probably because it is a Friday night, near Christmas, it’s actually our only Christmas game next two are away, plus kids are on holiday.

[quote user="FCC"]Only £560? I’m not sure only is appropriate for £560.[/quote]
When I said ''''only'''' I was referring to the comparison to Mello''s £850, I moved to a cheaper seat as found the £560 a bit pricey for my budget but each to our own

kingsway wrote the following post at 2017-11-26 3:31 PM:

About the right prices for the drivel we''ve seen in the last 2 home games!

Only the last two! Or is it only the last two you attended?

I think I''ll boycott.

Or maybe I''ll swap my seat for one of those comfy ones if the price is the same all over the stadium😉

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Scandalous treatment of loyal season ticket holders. I hope the ground is half empty.[/quote]yes, taking more money of you to subsidise these plastics - this is scandalous[quote user="CANARYKING"]Probably because it is a Friday night, near

Christmas, it’s actually our only Christmas game next two are away, plus

kids are on holiday.[/quote]Steady old fellow, we''ll have none of those reasoned replies on hereThese is not scum pricing, merely a case of ''cross price elasticity as our marketing friends would have ie adjusting the price to meet demand. Something our dimwitted neighbours have not really embraced or understood. Hence poorman road being half empty.No school the next day on a night game should see a packed house - well done the club.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Padded pew, half-time refreshments and a programme......£850 ''ish'' is pure peanuts......[/quote]especially when you can help yourself to biscuits as wellfill up your pockets if so minded .... which a friend did when he was last thereso I am toldps I''m not too sure either if using the term coffin dodgers is not rather tempting fate

Not being a ''coffin dodger'' myself, I can''t possibly comment...... Neither a ''biscuit bandit'' either......I''ll leave that behaviour to your acquisitiveness associate.......

Been a coffin dodger for the past 80 plus years and still think they have overpriced the offer.

Next season in TC or Div 1 they can have my season ticket

Might as well spend the money on Sky Sports and be bored in the warm

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Not being a ''coffin dodger'' myself, I can''t possibly comment...... Neither a ''biscuit bandit'' either......I''ll leave that behaviour to your acquisitiveness associate.......[/quote]They were ginger nuts so I was told........................................must be due to sitting on those padded seats

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Not being a ''coffin dodger'' myself, I can''t possibly comment...... Neither a ''biscuit bandit'' either......I''ll leave that behaviour to your acquisitiveness associate.......[/quote]So it''s true what the rowdy crowdy have suspected all along...... everyone''s dead in the City Stand [;)]

Smacks of desperation to me.What with the most expensive season tickets in the league, and now bargain basement prices for anyone who fancies it on a one off basis, we can''t decide if we''re the Waitrose or the Lidl of the Championship.A bit like Broadband suppliers, rip off your loyal customers and give all your best deals to others.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Smacks of desperation to me.What with the most expensive season tickets in the league, and now bargain basement prices for anyone who fancies it on a one off basis, we can''t decide if we''re the Waitrose or the Lidl of the Championship.A bit like Broadband suppliers, rip off your loyal customers and give all your best deals to others.[/quote]God, and I thought the binners whined enoughNow we have it on here

It’s an awkward situation.

Poor performances and results mean games are not sold out, there are lots of empty seats about. So the club choose to lower prices of a few matches to ge more fans in. Nothing wrong with that in theory.

But if the results don’t improve, we struggle for the rest of the season , attendances will stay low next year. If the club continue with lower prices to offset declines in attendance surely there comes a point when it would be almost as cheap to actually buy 23 casual tickets instead of a season ticket?

Based on 23 games a season it wouldn’t take much for the 2 price points to meet

No because there will always b games where there is greater interest, and better times of the matchthe club recognises that Brentford are unlikely to bring many fasn given the time and the business of the roads and trains on that w/e.City fans may well see this as a not too important game and with Xmas almost on them a time for money to be spent elsewhere hence the lowered price.It would not be replicated other times.It does however bring back into focus the nonsense about increasing the capacity.Firstly it is clear that were this to have magically happened over night we would be faced with a huge number of empty seats and a couple of million or so in annual debt payments without even paying off the capital/What then if someone like Maddison had not be purchasedWhat would have been the response to the sale of Murphy given that extra debt ?

[quote user="worsethandeath"]Sadly this is going to be the norm now that we have blown the easiest way back to the Prem[/quote]You binners posting up lies so as to attack CityWell that is about all the is normal for you lot