Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

points needed to stay up

When the season started I was hopeful that we could mount a threat on 6th spot. As the games have gone by that optimism has blown away and I am more concerned about the bottom end. We stand on 24 points and normally 50 will keep you up but sides have gone down with 52 and 54. Our current form us second worst and we have already lost to two sides in the bottom three and drawn with the other. It is clear from the agm reports that there is no cash to bring in new players in January unless we sell our better players. I hope we will be ok but we desperately need a couple of wins before the new year or else the second half of the season could be quite a nervous one

O.P. What a misery! Football like anything else in life always have its "ups and downs". Norwich will always be a Club that has good times and bad times.

Get over it and grow a pair!

Even if we go down, which I don’t think will happen, it’s ok because we are a well run Community Club and people have stated on this forum it’s what they’d rather have than Delia going 😂

This is not pl the championship needs far more points to stay up and we are in danger sleepwalking towards the drop zone. There are 9 clubs below us and already we have played 6 of them at hone. We probably need 9 more wins to stay up and we cant buy one at the moment 2 pts from last 4 hone games and lost last two away. We were fortunate to draw the last two hone games too

Don''t live in Yorkshire and watch all home games our style and performances are awful and getting worse they look a relegation side and yet again people are buying into a long term plan on a par with Bryan Hamilton era.

Yes I hope so and to be fair away from home we have got some results against expectation. I would be more optimistic if we had Warnock in our dug out he is the championship big Sam getting 110% out of an ordinary squad whilst out guy seems to be getting far less out of a decent championship squad

I think we’ve just enough to stay up this season. But we heard at the AGM with a turnover of only 30m next season, player wage bill of 29m this, and external debt of 7m at May, the dissemination of the playing squad which will necessarily follow at the end of this season means relegation will be all but inevitable in 18/19. Webber confirmed we can have a category one academy in league one but no one asked at the meeting about league two.

An income of £30m is a lot better than many many clubs in the championship and league 1. I did not realise the player bill was so high. On the basis of a 25 man squad that works out at an average of £22000 each. What the hell has been going on dishing out these bonkers contracts are we trying to do a Leeds of years ago. Get someone in who knows the lower leagues there is value there just look at the blades and look at what lambert did with a squad of cheap unknowns. There is a way back from this but not the way we are going at the moment. To add to the problems we now have to try and move on husband franke and vranic who are a dead loss the other new recruits to be fair have settled well and look good

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think we’ve just enough to stay up this season. But we heard at the AGM with a turnover of only 30m next season, player wage bill of 29m this, and external debt of 7m at May, the dissemination of the playing squad which will necessarily follow at the end of this season means relegation will be all but inevitable in 18/19. Webber confirmed we can have a category one academy in league one but no one asked at the meeting about league two.[/quote]Some happy clapper has hacked Highland''s account. Until now we have been heading all the way down to the Anglian Combination, or even below, if there is actually a below...Yorkshire, what has the club been doing paying those wages to players? Trying to stay in the Premier League or get back to it. And by PL standards of course those wages are very much at the lower end. Either posters want the directors to listen to the fans, which in this case meant prioritising ambition over prudence, or they don''t. Posters cannot have it both ways, or at least if they try to - which they do all the time - it will get pointed out.

I love threads like this..... it''s like that unbeaten run just didn''t happen.

Yeah, we''re in a rut and it''s not good or pretty right now but I don''t get people who can''t have any belief at all that things will improve. I think they will, especially when we get Pritchard and Tetty back..... if that makes me a Happy Clapper then I''m proud to wear the badge.

I''ll say it now and happy to be judged on at at the end of the season - We WILL NOT get relegated!

To be fair purple there is something very different about things this tine around. At best we have been a yo yo club nothing wrong with that. Over many relegations harsh relegation clauses were included into contracts. This clearly has not happened with the likes of klosse Naismith and Jarvis. In addition we have been dishing out contracts well above the championship average. I wonder what prompted this change in strategy it has clearly backfired. If players do no agree to sign contracts with relegation clauses then we should not have signed them

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]To be fair purple there is something very different about things this tine around. At best we have been a yo yo club nothing wrong with that. Over many relegations harsh relegation clauses were included into contracts. This clearly has not happened with the likes of klosse Naismith and Jarvis. In addition we have been dishing out contracts well above the championship average. I wonder what prompted this change in strategy it has clearly backfired. If players do no agree to sign contracts with relegation clauses then we should not have signed them[/quote]Probably because the contracts were signed when we wern''t in the Championship.Who are these players?

Many of our players contracts were signed in the pl which is my point they should all have had relegation clauses. We made some significant signings last season eg Pritchard and Oliveira we must have given lucrative contracts Pritchard was in the car off to Brighton. Our wages last season were twice the championship average that is very telling hasn''t happened before to this extent and we are now having to rapidly unravel matters like the relegation in the 1990s when we nearly went bust

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Many of our players contracts were signed in the pl which is my point they should all have had relegation clauses. We made some significant signings last season eg Pritchard and Oliveira we must have given lucrative contracts Pritchard was in the car off to Brighton. Our wages last season were twice the championship average that is very telling hasn''t happened before to this extent and we are now having to rapidly unravel matters like the relegation in the 1990s when we nearly went bust[/quote]Who doesn''t have a relegation clause?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]This is not pl the championship needs far more points to stay up and we are in danger sleepwalking towards the drop zone. There are 9 clubs below us and already we have played 6 of them at hone. We probably need 9 more wins to stay up and we cant buy one at the moment 2 pts from last 4 hone games and lost last two away. We were fortunate to draw the last two hone games too[/quote]

We have a lot of tough fixtures to come. And if we do get involved with relegation 6 pointers most look like being away from home. Which normally isn’t ideal, but with Norwich this season who knows.

I think we’ll be dragged into it, but as will a few teams. Look at some of our home games such as Barnsley and Preston... only two points form those and I can’t see us going there and getting anything.

People need to forget our ‘run.’ We rode our luck and never solved the issues we had, and still have now.

The only run we should focus on is the run now. Which is absolutely dire, and is more than relegation form.

Tonight is another battering.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]To be fair purple there is something very different about things this tine around. At best we have been a yo yo club nothing wrong with that. Over many relegations harsh relegation clauses were included into contracts. This clearly has not happened with the likes of klosse Naismith and Jarvis. In addition we have been dishing out contracts well above the championship average. I wonder what prompted this change in strategy it has clearly backfired. If players do no agree to sign contracts with relegation clauses then we should not have signed them[/quote]Too much ambition: not enough prudence