Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

It’s not Farke

Groundhog Day

Last season I wrote a post saying it isn’t Alex Neil

Farke & Neil may or may not be ok managers. Both came here as yes men rookies- a cheap option who won’t challenfe a failing board that is so clearly out of its depth

Nor is it the director of football - he purchased cheap inferior players because he wasn’t given a pot to piss in. That, as he reminded us, was emptied by the inept decisions of that failing board

Our board may have been a good answer in 1990 but it is now 2017 and- as posted last week- they are to global football what Juliet Bravo is to modern television

Now is the time for sustained pressure on the board- but another round of expensive new manager merry go round. Nephew Tom and the others are taking us to L1 and not in the competitive way we went there last time. They “welcome help” but not if it costs them control - they are holding the club back. When they spend it is wasted - when they don’t it is misguided - either wayxchrinic leadership issues

Yet clappers still give them the benefit of the doubt

I would stress this is not a personal thing. I like the board, I salute them for historic help, I quite understand that they love the club. I just sincerely believe that this is where the problems lie...

Our board may have been a good answer in 1990 but it is now 2017 and- as posted last week- they are to global football what Juliet Bravo is to modern television

There are many on here who are so against foreign ownership that they would rather go down again under these owners. They cite examples such as Portsmouth and say foreign ownership could see us following them. What they are failing to see is that if the unimaginable happens and we do go down, we will very likely end up that way with these owners. If we go down to league 1 it will be a whole different ball game to the last time.

The trouble with this board is that no proper manager would work with them, that’s why we always end up with rookies, because the clueless twunts that are on the board have absolutely no clue about football and being a football club.

Even if Farke was sacked who would we get? Nobody with any pedigree sadly.

Well we wouldn''t get anyone of any note, because no manager of that type would work under the system we have in place now. It''s all a bit of a mess isn''t it?

Difficult to disagree with any of that.

I do believe Farke could get more out of these players but I don''t think promotion is a remotely realistic target in the circumstances and that falls on the board.