Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Responsibility

Have to smile when I hear Webber/Balls talking about the wastage/cock ups that have taken place over the past 4/5 years leaving us in our current predicament.

Of course the blame lies totally with those individuals that ''are no longer with us'' and nothing to do with the ''nice/well meaning'' people that remain.

It is patently obvious that the problems we have are caused by a board stuffed with individuals that are not fit for purpose, repeatedly hiring management that are not qualified to do the job.

In any other walk of life they are the ones that would have been removed many moons ago!

Agree 100% derby. I am getting increasingly pissed off by the fans of the owners who are die hards cling to the fake news that we have been a wonderfully run club punching above our weight fir the past 20 plus years

[quote user="lake district canary"]There''s a match on tonight, in case yu hadn''t realised..... [Y]

[/quote]

What the hell has that got to do with it?

It''s funny, I got home from work and all I could think about is tonight''s match, not mithering about stuff I can''t control.  Shame some of you other exiles can''t do the same rather than act like surrogate binners, stirring the pot the whole time.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s funny, I got home from work and all I could think about is tonight''s match, not mithering about stuff I can''t control.  Shame some of you other exiles can''t do the same rather than act like surrogate binners, stirring the pot the whole time.

[/quote]

The continuous acceptance (by the likes of you) of the dross that some of the best supporters in the land are having dished up to them give this awful board the impression that they can keep getting away with it. Instead of living in fantasy land getting excited over the unexcitable get real man!

Not an exile had season ticket fir years and believe me the home form this season in style and results has been as bad as it gets. That said it wouldn''t surprise me if we get a result today

I am amazed that some of you bother to support the club, negativity and constructive criticism I can take but some of the idiotic crap that people spout on here is so ridiculous it just makes me laugh.

Step by step the happy clappers are destroying our once great club

How can any serious fan have any time left for the stowmarket 2 and nepotism Tom I will never know

[quote user="Red Rufus"]I am amazed that some of you bother to support the club, negativity and constructive criticism I can take but some of the idiotic crap that people spout on here is so ridiculous it just makes me laugh.[/quote]

.....for example?

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s funny, I got home from work and all I could think about is tonight''s match, not mithering about stuff I can''t control.  Shame some of you other exiles can''t do the same rather than act like surrogate binners, stirring the pot the whole time.

[/quote]

So are you saying you can control the outcome of tonights game?

No, thought not

Its a broad church everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have been buying my tickets since the chase days. My constructive opinion which is shared by many is that the current owners are way past their sell by date simple as that

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]It''s funny, I got home from work and all I could think about is tonight''s match, not mithering about stuff I can''t control.  Shame some of you other exiles can''t do the same rather than act like surrogate binners, stirring the pot the whole time. [/quote]

No, thought not[/quote]Of course not. But I can get hopeful about the outcome tonight and a possible return to some good form. It seems as if for many, they are so stuck in a bad mindset about things they can''t even look forward to that on a match day.  Cheer up though, they might get their wish and we get beaten every week so Farke has to go. [Y]

I don''t have the time or patience to get involved pointing out the obvious, take a positive pill and support the club, don''t be so negative before a game.

Yorkshire Canary: "Agree 100% derby. I am getting increasingly pissed off by the fans of the owners who are die hards cling to the fake news that we have been a wonderfully run club punching above our weight fir the past 20 plus years"

But that''s exactly what we are. Name a comparable club who''s done better than us for the last 20 years, and I will name one that has done worse. Ask a neutral if Forest, Leeds, Derby or even Hull are bigger than us and they could well say they are.

Its right to say there are lots of middle sized clubs who have not done as well as we have over the last 20 years others that have done as well if not better are Leicester wba now Burnley Swansea stoke. I accept we have had successes but we could have done much better. The first 20 odd years after first coming into the top flight is my yardstick

Nuff, have those teams you mentioned had the same opportunities to push on as we have? No, its the fact that we have squandered said opportunities that gets my back up and the most consistent factor in the inability to push on lies at the very top. They''re outdated and well past there sell by date!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Yorkshire Canary: "Agree 100% derby. I am getting increasingly pissed off by the fans of the owners who are die hards cling to the fake news that we have been a wonderfully run club punching above our weight fir the past 20 plus years"

But that''s exactly what we are. Name a comparable club who''s done better than us for the last 20 years, and I will name one that has done worse. Ask a neutral if Forest, Leeds, Derby or even Hull are bigger than us and they could well say they are.[/quote]

There aren’t many that have been in the Prem, Championship and League One in the last 20 years are there? Southampton have been though, I’m sure there are others too, Coventry, Bradford, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd maybe

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]It''s funny, I got home from work and all I could think about is tonight''s match, not mithering about stuff I can''t control.  Shame some of you other exiles can''t do the same rather than act like surrogate binners, stirring the pot the whole time. [/quote]

No, thought not[/quote]Of course not. But I can get hopeful about the outcome tonight and a possible return to some good form. It seems as if for many, they are so stuck in a bad mindset about things they can''t even look forward to that on a match day.  Cheer up though, they might get their wish and we get beaten every week so Farke has to go. [Y]

[/quote]I''m truly staggered that people are still respond to your posts LDC!

We are all part of the internet culture now, as if these forums authenticate our prejudices. We used to chat in the pub or at the game, now its on a keyboard. We used to devour the pink un and daily paper, now we have access to world wide forums, many which reassure us that our half baked views are well founded. As someone who has never played the game at any proper level I don''t have a clue. As someone who has always worked in the public sector I don''t know nuffin about business. What I would like to see with football in this country, is ownership by the fans and the community, rather than by foreign companies and big ''investors''. I would like to see more democracy, fan power, and for our country to be closer to the Schalke or St Pauli model in Germany. In the 70''s I remember football being deeply unfashionable, whereas now at the top level has lost its soul, become sanitised, and controlled by media capitalists. That is why fans are staying away, or going to grass roots football. One of the current owners successes is their small attempt to negotiate a better path in the current climate.

[quote user="corbs"]We are all part of the internet culture now, as if these forums authenticate our prejudices. We used to chat in the pub or at the game, now its on a keyboard. We used to devour the pink un and daily paper, now we have access to world wide forums, many which reassure us that our half baked views are well founded. As someone who has never played the game at any proper level I don''t have a clue. As someone who has always worked in the public sector I don''t know nuffin about business. What I would like to see with football in this country, is ownership by the fans and the community, rather than by foreign companies and big ''investors''. I would like to see more democracy, fan power, and for our country to be closer to the Schalke or St Pauli model in Germany. In the 70''s I remember football being deeply unfashionable, whereas now at the top level has lost its soul, become sanitised, and controlled by media capitalists. That is why fans are staying away, or going to grass roots football. One of the current owners successes is their small attempt to negotiate a better path in the current climate.[/quote]

So the responsibility for capitulation last night was not the manager/the team/the board/Mr Webber, this time it was the referee!

God help us