Sign in to follow this  
Tattoo

It's not the end but it's the beginning of the end

Only 600 fans last night and some real hard core fans there last night

Many are hard core Delia fans but last night a number of them were beginning to question whether Delia has had her day. For them to even suggest it was surprising

It''s only going one way now and it''s incumbent upon all canaries who love the club to pile the pressure on the 2

It''s sad but I think what they''ve created is apathy. I can''t see protests or anything like that in the near future but what I do predict is a steady drop on attendances, starting next season.

We''ve basically blown a golden chance. The board keep going on about how they wanted to yo-yo between the top two leagues but as someone pointed out the other day, the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Southampton, Leicester, Burnley - all been able to go up and stay up *and* compete - something we only truly did in one of our Premier League seasons all the way through (2011/12 under Lambert)

The Lambert legacy has been well and truly wasted, and we may never get another chance like this. And for that, there are only 2 people to be held responsible overall.

The fan base here has changed a lot since the chase era. I see no demonstrations but a gradual but sure erosion of those buying season tickets. If we get a home draw in the cup it may give a slight short term indicator

[quote user="Jim the canary"]Only 600 fans last night and some real hard core fans there last night

Many are hard core Delia fans but last night a number of them were beginning to question whether Delia has had her day. For them to even suggest it was surprising

It''s only going one way now and it''s incumbent upon all canaries who love the club to pile the pressure on the 2[/quote]What about all the racist Norwich fans, Waveney? What should they do?

Jim the canary i am beginning to think you are the voice of the fans,in fact a true Superfan for going last night.

I''ve seen some rubbish on this forum since I joined, my input included, but this thread takes the prize for one of the most ridiculous things I''ve seen. Credit to ayone who went last night, but as for the future - it is unknown. You can wallow in self pity and anguish if you like, but in case you hadn''t noticed, the whole club has been restructured, a lot of the overpaid premier league wannabe non-fighters have gone and a new system in place.  It has been said it will take two or three transfer windows to get it right - so why not accept it, swallow your anguish and try and get behind what the club are doing?   Oh yes, I forgot, the owners are to blame, Webber is a chancer, Balls is a useless ex-politician, the players aren''t good enough, blah, blah, blah.   Stop playing the blame game - all blame does is create targets for your unhappiness.  

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Jim the canary i am beginning to think you are the voice of the fans,in fact a true Superfan for going last night.[/quote]Anyone who describes their own fans as racists surely cannot be the voice of the fans.

Unfortunately we don''t have 2 or 3 transfer windows. Had we been in and around the play-offs and vaguely looking competitive then yes we would go with that medium/long term view.

Failure to win at least 2 out of our next 6 games we are in deepest pooh. Our recent record in relegation battles doesn''t inspire me with confidence.

''Fail fast'' is a term my employer uses, meaning don''t be afraid to make mistakes but learn from them quickly and rectify them.

6 games max for Farke to turn it around.

It''s not my view just an observation from last night when talking to some seriously commited fans

I agree crowds will dwindle and income will drop and the only way to remove them will be going in to administration

[quote user="Jim the canary"]It''s not my view just an observation from last night when talking to some seriously commited fans

I agree crowds will dwindle and income will drop and the only way to remove them will be going in to administration[/quote]Crowds will never dwindle so dramatically that anything like administration would happen. The club is adjusting it''s financial cloth according to it''s status and is being run properly on the business front.  Debt will be at a minimum and we will be a viable club, whatever happens. 

Wow Lakey, there are simply no words.

Attendances are falling, that’s a fact. There is no season ticket waiting list anymore, games are not selling out, attendance figures are inflated by season ticket numbers regardless of turning up (as is the norm)

On the pitch we are walking straight towards a relegation battle, and I simply cannot see where the stomach for that fight is in the squad.

It’s all very well saying we need to or 3 transfer windows, but we have no money, so what good are the transfer windows?

When we dropped into league 1 we came very very close to administration I think the tv money drops from £7m in the championship to about £1m in league one . Fortunately we have a number of players who could command decent fees so the wolf will be kept away from the door in the short term but a lack of success on the playing field will damage income and should we drop a division finances will be worse. Of course we will waste a lot of cash when we most likely sack the management team yet again.

Next Saturday tickets for adults are from £25 for a game with a stupid kick off time on the back of a bad run of defeats coupled with it no doubt being a cold evening so i really cannot see the attendance other than be around 25,000 maybe less. Add into the mix a toxic atmosphere starting to build if it continues to go pear shaped and Lakey will be on here blaming the fans no doubt.

As has been said before they are now trying to implement a strategy that may well require "3 or 4 transfer windows" at the one time we can''t afford to do that. It''s once again reactive decision making made too late.

Webber said at the AGM we are moving to players on wages of £10k a week on average. We will not be able to compete with other clubs in the championship for the best players (even at lower league level) or retain any decent players paying wages of that sort of level.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Lakey we are sleepwalking into deep trouble. Wake up for goodness sake .[/quote]

No point wasting time trying to debate with him, he is as clueless as the owners and board, maybe if he actually stopped believing all the drivel some people spout on here about transfer windows and Community Club, and actually made the journey to Carrow Road he would get a more balanced opinion! No wonder people think he’s stupid

The one piece of good news in all this is that we won''t be reading any rallying articles from Dick Menace in days and weeks to come.

There is good value out there in respect of signings particularly from lower league. Last night Cardiff had two players they got in the close season from Rotherham and Rochdale for peanuts who have so far got 10 goals between them. Maddison is a good example and hopefully raggett. We need scouts to look in the right places also non league is a fertile area that we gave failed to tap into. Ipswich punch above their weight on a shoestring budget and look at the blades. Stop pissing about trying to be clever with continental players and look to hone grown value. Remember holt and Morrison brilliant examples from recent history and Ricky lambert managed England caps after years of being overlooked in the lower leagues

"Crowds will never dwindle so dramatically that anything like administration would happen"

I just don''t see how you can say that with any certainty is beyond me.

[quote user="Van wink"]Was there any racist chanting from our City fans Jim the Canary (Waveney)?[/quote]He''s still sticking his fingers in his ears and going ''la la la I can''t hear you'' because he''s not man enough to apologise.

ldc is so out of touch with modern football, the club itself and his fellow fans it’s astonishing. You cannot live in the world where if you are patient and hope for the best everything will be rosy. We were close to administration in 2009 do to say it wouldn’t happen is naive in the extreme.

“It’ll take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get it right”

I’d hate to think what out team will be in 2 or 3 transfer windows. Back to the days of loans and cheap signings. Players like Maddison and Pritchard will be long gone

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]ldc is so out of touch with modern football, the club itself and his fellow fans it’s astonishing. You cannot live in the world where if you are patient and hope for the best everything will be rosy. We were close to administration in 2009 do to say it wouldn’t happen is naive in the extreme.[/quote]I disagree, naturally. Patience and strength of purpose is needed.  A manager needs time - it may not be fashionable, but it is still true. I firmly believe that Hughton would have turned it round in the Championship and got us on a good path.  I believe that Neil would have been able to see through the re-strucure this last Summer and set us on a better path.  I believe that Webber and Farke, given time will get things going well - but it could take two or three years.  That is not being out of touch, it is taking a long term view and not getting distracted by setbacks - if you have good people at the club, they will come good in the end. You just have to give it time.  Rubbish, I hear you say - or "b*ll*x" if you are baldyboy [;)] - but there is too much demand for instant success - and we as a club have never had the resources to be able to respond to those kind of demands.  The costs of constantly changing managers and by association players is not a path we can afford as a club. Never have been able to.  As for administration - we avoided that - and with the right people in charge - which we have imo - that situation will never be allowed to get close again. The policy - rightly - is to cut our cloth according to the situation - like any good business. 

Have you missed the declining attendances, poor performances, worrying form, slide towards the bottom 6, declining squad depth, less squad quality, complete lack of funds to sign any quality?

But yeah, at least we have Delia!