Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Which youngsters are coming through?

In our current run and with injuries taking their toll on the squad is there really nobody from the youth team pushing for a place? When I saw that midfield we put out yesterday I was left wondering if there isnt a player in the youth teams who could add a bit more steel to our central midfield? Or have we loaned out all the best options?

So who is playing in our under 23 games? I''m struggling to believe that we''re better off with playing 3 lightweight number 10''s and a lightweight winger in midfield than giving someone from the youth squads a bit of a go.

Hindsight I know but it was a silly decision to loan out Godfrey when we know how much Tettey has struggled with injuries.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Our best option has a serious injury. Our second best option is on loan.[/quote]

Do these options have names?

Midfield wise there is Cantwell (who has been on the bench a lot in recent games), Phillips and Tristan Abrahams.

Jamal Lewis is no doubt going to be in the first team squad once he has returned from injury after his impressive pre-season.

Cantwell is, to my understanding, a player in a similar mould to Maddison/Wes as a CAM. He''s obviously well regarded enough to be on the bench in recent weeks.

Abrahams is a striker of course

Which leaves Adam Phillips, an ex-Liverpool midfielder. Haven''t seen much of him personally, but I do understand he is a defensive styled player...

None of these youngsters will be up for a relegation battle, which is basically what we are asking of them. If we are relegated then expect most of them to figure in our starting 11.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]None of these youngsters will be up for a relegation battle, which is basically what we are asking of them. If we are relegated then expect most of them to figure in our starting 11.[/quote]

How do you know they are not up to a relegation battle? Did you speak with them and they told you? Or have tou been watching the under-23s games? You need to contact the club with this information at once

Well he needs to give them a bit of game time then. Our starting 11 appears to be self selecting, and they''re not delivering.

Weren’t most of the names mentioned brought/poached from other clubs over a period a few years back?

Going forward where are we getting the funds to buy these types of players when we desperately need 1st team players?

It’s about time he actually gave them some game time instead of continuing to rely on those who are consistently failing to deliver!

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Our best option has a serious injury. Our second best option is on loan.[/quote]

Do these options have names?[/quote]
Louis and Ben.

We had a team that won the FA Youth Cup, where are they?

Webbers insistance on an Acadamy needs a First Team coach with the courage to play the graduates.

This self selecting team that are not performing need their comfy position shaking up.