Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread - Cardiff

Agree about Reed, Mason, he worked really hard but just got knocked off the ball too easily. He also kept trying to do a Wes, which their midfield cottoned on to & second guessed him all too often. We need Alex!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Indeed Rickyyyyy but this is not betting.

Did you listen to Iwan?[/quote]It might not be betting but we are now gambling with the Clubs well being and future.And as for Ewan, I didn''t hear what he said but as you''ve mentioned him I can only assume that he said something that agreed with your misguided views.However, if you want the view of real pundits then this forum is the best place to look.

Maybe when Tettey and Trybull are back in midfield we will see an improvement. I’d be tempted to try 4-4-2 with those two in the middle and stick Jerome up top with Oliviera as the lone striker role clearly isn’t working for him

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Indeed Rickyyyyy but this is not betting.

Did you listen to Iwan?[/quote]It might not be betting but we are now gambling with the Clubs well being and future.And as for Ewan, I didn''t hear what he said but as you''ve mentioned him I can only assume that he said something that agreed with your misguided views.However, if you want the view of real pundits then this forum is the best place to look. [/quote]
Is that all the posters on here or just the ones you agree with. When you''re here. When we''re losing. 

That''s fair enough if you don''t care about being relegated. The thing is the finances are going to look a whole lot worse if that comes to pass. I shall be there regardless but many wont.

Pretty football doesn''t keep me warm at night and my prediction of a long stint in this league is if anything starting to look a tad optimistic.

When we''re losing NN?

...which is all the time at the moment.

And yet you still insist on looking at apparent positives!

Await the predictable retort.

[quote user="JF"]Maybe when Tettey and Trybull are back in midfield we will see an improvement. I’d be tempted to try 4-4-2 with those two in the middle and stick Jerome up top with Oliviera as the lone striker role clearly isn’t working for him[/quote]The insistence that Oliveira, Jerome and Watkins were a sufficient strike force is a bit of a problem, we desperately needed something different. Oliveira can score goals but is lazy and selfish, Jerome runs his heart out but isn''t clinical in front of goal, and Watkins is bang average on his showing so far. We have neither a pacy, Vardy-esque striker who can get in behind, nor a battering ram who can give us something different off the bench.I think it highly unlikely that Farke would play two up front when he''s so keen on the possession style - it''s nigh on impossible to dominate possession with two strikers. Maybe with wing-backs it could work, but then that leaves only three positions for Trybull, Tettey, Reed, Vrancic, Hoolahan, Pritchard, Maddison, Wildschut and Murphy. All three of our strikers are so out of form, I really can''t understand why he wouldn''t consider at least giving Abrahams or Fonkeu a run from the bench.

Blooding youngsters in a struggling side is desperation stakes. Hopefully we aren''t there yet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
You''re only still here because we lost buddy and in your heart of hearts you know that [U][;)]
[/quote]If you really believe that then you don''t really understand me at all. My only concern is the future of our Club but unlike you I am not prepared to just sit and watch everything we had be destroyed by total incompetence, both at Board and Coach level.I''m sure you''ll still be delighted to roll up every two weeks next season and think it''s wonderful that we are playing the likes of Wimbledon in League One but for others, including myself, we were hoping for something a bit more in line with our potential.

Not youngsters plural, just the one. We don''t need Zimmermann AND Franke on the bench - just put one of Fonkeu and Abrahams on the bench so we have the option of a bit of ''unknown quantity''. None of our three strikers offer anything particularly different, they''re easy to play against.

I think it highly unlikely that Farke would play two up front when he''s so keen on the possession style - it''s nigh on impossible to dominate possession with two strikers. Maybe with wing-backs it could work, but then that leaves only three positions for Trybull, Tettey, Reed, Vrancic, Hoolahan, Pritchard, Maddison, Wildschut and Murphy. All three of our strikers are so out of form, I really can''t understand why he wouldn''t consider at least giving Abrahams or Fonkeu a run from the bench.

I think you’re right but ultimately if he doesn’t change his ideological style of play then it will cost him his job, or worse our place in this league. We look almost naive in our play at times, there is a lot to be said for having a few championship journeymen out there. Something has to give, cos this is going only one way if he carries on this route

[quote user="JF"]

I think you’re right but ultimately if he doesn’t change his ideological style of play then it will cost him his job, or worse our place in this league. We look almost naive in our play at times, there is a lot to be said for having a few championship journeymen out there. Something has to give, cos this is going only one way if he carries on this route[/quote]Hard to disagree with that. We have signed Hanley, at least. I still think that the overarching philosophy is the right way forward when we have no money, but Farke needs to show some more adaptability and get some results soon or we might have to cut him loose.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]
You''re only still here because we lost buddy and in your heart of hearts you know that [U][;)]
[/quote]If you really believe that then you don''t really understand me at all. My only concern is the future of our Club but unlike you I am not prepared to just sit and watch everything we had be destroyed by total incompetence, both at Board and Coach level.I''m sure you''ll still be delighted to roll up every two weeks next season and think it''s wonderful that we are playing the likes of Wimbledon in League One but for others, including myself, we were hoping for something a bit more in line with our potential.[/quote]
It''s the evidence of my own eyes MP. And I do understand you far more after this post so don''t lecture me about what I am prepared to sit and watch when you don''t sit and watch anything. So I''m sure you''ll be delighted to post on here when we lose and not post on here when we win whether we play Man Utd in the PL or Wimbledon in League One. How do I know this? The evidence of your own actions.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Indeed Rickyyyyy but this is not betting.

Did you listen to Iwan?[/quote]It might not be betting but we are now gambling with the Clubs well being and future.And as for Ewan, I didn''t hear what he said but as you''ve mentioned him I can only assume that he said something that agreed with your misguided views.However, if you want the view of real pundits then this forum is the best place to look. [/quote]
Is that all the posters on here or just the ones you agree with. When you''re here. When we''re losing. 
[/quote]I would estimate that 90% of the posters on here tonight have a similar view as mine whilst you are in the 10% minority.And most of them are now either now sitting on the fence or have one foot well and truly on the ground the other side.

[quote user="ricardo"]That''s fair enough if you don''t care about being relegated. The thing is the finances are going to look a whole lot worse if that comes to pass. I shall be there regardless but many wont.

Pretty football doesn''t keep me warm at night and my prediction of a long stint in this league is if anything starting to look a tad optimistic.[/quote]
You don''t hold all the aces about caring so there''s an addition to that losing run of bets[:|]

My opinion of the match is wrapped up in a 2 min. section, we had the ball for about 20 passes ending with the ball blocked, Cardiff get the ball 3 passes late it''s in the back of our net !   

Listened to the game on Radio Norfolk, seems like we played OK....but.....we failed to capitalise when on top, gave a lead away, Oliveira seemed to spend more time outside the penalty area than in it. Injuries to Tettey and Tyybull have not helped bit tonight has demonstrated just how far away we are from the top sides in this division. We are in a big rut at the moment and we need to get out of it very quickly otherwise we are going to start looking nervously downwards at the league table an be talking about how many points we are from going down......

Didn''t watch or listen to the game, all I can say based on comments here is it sounds like the same old mistakes: not clinical in front of goal and schoolboy defending at the back.

This run of results is worrying to say the least.

Ron Saunders came in 1969. Did we do well to stick with him Rickyyyy? How''s your memory these days

I remember the opposition not only to Saunders but the club as well that was supposed to culminate in the boycott of the Oxford (I think from failing memory) home game.

The football had been poor and losing to Wrexham at home in the FA Cup really rattled the cages.

It didn''t happen and the rest is history. I remember Watling saying we wouldn''t take No for an answer.

Trouble is they didn''t back Saunders, South wouldn''t let him buy another striker from what I remember at off he went.

I think the current situation is different though. We aren''t a middle of the table at best 2nd division team. We have spent any seasons at the highest level, been in Europe and Wembley.

The expectations and therefore the life of a manager is only as good as 10 results maybe? We can forgive losses but losses for a reason or reasons that keep happening isn''t a positive. It is a worry. And DF doesn''t appear to have the answers at the moment and to blame the referee for our own failings is a bit silly and desparate.

A massive overreaction from most posters on here in the wake of a hard to take defeat. We were the better side for most of the game against the team in 3nd place and we played better as a unit since the start of our losing run

There are problems to sort out, chiefly defensive basics but we have enough class not to struggle in the second half of the season

No one said it would be easy. In a transformation it is always worse before it gets better. You have to give it time. You need to hold your nerve and not go all wimpy when faced with difficulties.

Some of the deadwood is likely to go in January and that means youngsters stepping up a gear, you have to get off the youngsters'' backs because they will make mistakes and you don''t want to crush them

So who do to think will want to buy dead wood? Answer - no one. Naismith and Jarvis will continue to hemorrhage the club 1000s/millions in wages until their contracts expire.

The only players we''ll lose are those with some ability; Pinto, Klose, Pritchard, Maddison.

And not exactly an over-reaction is it - on current form and largely the 2nd half of this season so far performances have generally been poor with minimal points gained.

the problem is Rock we have seen no sign of progress no sign Farke can turn this around

i agree i would perfer to play youngster instead of deadwood

but i would also want a manager who can get them firing and playing as a team

I think that I''m right in saying that Ron Saunders had two seasons before he got us promoted in the third though Ricardo.

So RTB you think our problems are chiefly defensive but can i just point out that we have scored a mere 18 goals in 20 league games which is relegation form whichever way you look at it. The 2 biggest pieces of deadwood in the team are Murphy and the highly overrated Oliviera.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So RTB you think our problems are chiefly defensive but can i just point out that we have scored a mere 18 goals in 20 league games which is relegation form whichever way you look at it. The 2 biggest pieces of deadwood in the team are Murphy and the highly overrated Oliviera.[/quote]

We went on a great unbeaten run which was down to getting the defence sorted. since Arsenal the defence has gone back to their old bad habits. If we can stop losing games we have a platform to build on, and then we can tackle offensive problems. But we must stop conceding goals first.