Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread - Cardiff

[quote user="hogesar"]I know in simple terms we need results right now and not performances but im far happier after that performance than I am the last 3 or so before that.[/quote]

And you accuse others of being Reading fans? You are happy with losing tonight rather than getting 2 points from the last 3 games!

You really are a c0ck

Problem is he was probably our best player tonight.

I''m sorry I can''t go with that. He hit one good through ball and that was it. He has to control it first before passing and just slows it down. He traps it first, then thinks what to do with it.

What about Reed? He was outstanding.

Also I thought Vrancic best player for us tonight by some margin. Can''t see what he did wrong to warrant criticism tonight.

Anyone who moans about him whilst overlooking the dog shit performances of Oliveira and Murphy (and sadly Maddison has been poor of late too) needs to go to Specsavers.

[quote user="Diane"]Well I must have watched a different game to some of you cause I think the scoreline is harsh and that up to 80 mins when I stopped watching thought it had been a better performance though I do appreciate that''s no consolation
If only Nelson had passed the ball to unmarked Wes, we''d have gone 2 up and it might have been a different 2nd half. Didn''t think their first penalty was a penalty. Our defending for their 3rd was shocking.
Guess we didn''t bring subs on any earlier as Pritchard, Trybull and Jerome aren''t 100%, injury situation isn''t helping us
[/quote]You''ve seen enough seasons to know its nothing to do with performances Diane. This can go on a lot longer and soon we run out of games in which to pick up points.I don''t want performances I want wins and points before its all too late.

We played alright in patches but no more than that. Some of the dire stuff served up recently may have made tonight look better than it was.

Very, very hard to turn this kind of situation around.

It would be more worrying if we had played badly and lost 3-1. There''s plenty of negatives without turning positives into negatives.

[quote user="Diane"]Well I must have watched a different game to some of you cause I think the scoreline is harsh and that up to 80 mins when I stopped watching thought it had been a better performance though I do appreciate that''s no consolation
If only Nelson had passed the ball to unmarked Wes, we''d have gone 2 up and it might have been a different 2nd half. Didn''t think their first penalty was a penalty. Our defending for their 3rd was shocking.
Guess we didn''t bring subs on any earlier as Pritchard, Trybull and Jerome aren''t 100%, injury situation isn''t helping us
[/quote]

But Wildschut is! And didn’t Farke say Jerome could play 20 minutes if needed?

Can’t believe people can defend this Deutsch Disaster

[quote user="GJP"]We played alright in patches but no more than that. Some of the dire stuff served up recently may have made tonight look better than it was.

Very, very hard to turn this kind of situation around.[/quote]exactly this

Yea, Reed was so outstanding as a DM tonight that Cardiff were able to pass through our midfield like a knife through butter.

Please explain what Vrancic did wrong tonight - I felt he was genuinely very decent?

I don''t even understand what Reed brings to the team. Poor man''s Tettey, and that says it all.

[/quote]

There''s no time for sentiment or praise for a performance that may have been better than the previous couple that were cr@p.  The writing is most definitely on the wall, not just because of results and performances, but also because, as we heard at the AGM, Farke (never mind anyone else) is going nowhere soon and it is by no means certain there''d be any changes if we found ourselves in League One.  Which is where it looks like we''re heading!

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="hogesar"]I know in simple terms we need results right now and not performances but im far happier after that performance than I am the last 3 or so before that.[/quote]

And you accuse others of being Reading fans? You are happy with losing tonight rather than getting 2 points from the last 3 games!

You really are a c0ck[/quote]
Jesus f*ck it''s full of them tonight.
Why am I a c*ck? Are you actually capable of reading?
Did I say I was happier with the points return? Or did I say I was happier with the performance?
Some of you errm...intellectually challenged individuals really are hard work.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Can we really afford to take this all Season hoping Farke will come good next season ? [/quote]No and no. For me the writing was on the wall a month ago and I said so at the time.Farke is out of his depth and still has no idea of how to set up a team to win matches in this league.Even more worringly he believes that we do not need a new striker. What is he watching?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It would be more worrying if we had played badly and lost 3-1. There''s plenty of negatives without turning positives into negatives.[/quote]In the record book and in the league table nobody will remember whether we played well or badly. In the end only the points count.

[quote user="Ian"]Yea, Reed was so outstanding as a DM tonight that Cardiff were able to pass through our midfield like a knife through butter.

Please explain what Vrancic did wrong tonight - I felt he was genuinely very decent?

I don''t even understand what Reed brings to the team. Poor man''s Tettey, and that says it all.[/quote]
I thought Reed had a good game - he certainly worked hard. But yes, I thought any of our decent attacks came from a Vrancic out ball of some sort.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It would be more worrying if we had played badly and lost 3-1. There''s plenty of negatives without turning positives into negatives.[/quote]

What positives are there then?

We’ve played decent enough stuff at times but none of it in dangerous areas. My God we are poor in the final third. Oliveira is giving RVW a run for his money just now. Are his teeth playing up again?

I’m afraid I can’t take any positivity out of that. We played pretty well and should have gone 2 up. As soon as Cardiff moved up a gear we imploded. A relegation battle is looming

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]It would be more worrying if we had played badly and lost 3-1. There''s plenty of negatives without turning positives into negatives.[/quote]In the record book and in the league table nobody will remember whether we played well or badly. In the end only the points count.[/quote]Absolutely. The same as golf.It''s only the final score that counts and nobody remember, or cares, how you got it.

[quote user="Ian"]Yea, Reed was so outstanding as a DM tonight that Cardiff were able to pass through our midfield like a knife through butter.

I don''t even understand what Reed brings to the team. Poor man''s Tettey, and that says it all.[/quote]
Yea, Vrancic was so outstanding as CM tonight that Cardiff were able to pass through our midfield like a knife through butter....
In what world does that make sense in your head? Midfield was overrun and that was solely down to Reed?
Reed was pretty good tonight, and I thought it was one of Vrancic''s better games too but that''s not saying much....we still lacked bite/steel in midfield because both of them are a bit lightweight. That''s not solely down to Reed.

Shame. i didn''t think we''d let this one go, even after they scored.

We have a lot of technically accomplished, skilfull players. Cardiff, like most successful Champs teams, have strong, wily players with a lot of nous - rather like our late lamented G. Holt.

Some of our moves were dazzling & a joy to behold. Unfortunately it''s not enough to win matches.

It would be more worrying if we had played badly and lost 3-1. There''s plenty of negatives without turning positives into negatives.

I can''t agree Double N.

Did we really play that well? It is a team game and as has been pointed out Murphy and Oliveira were pants, Wes anonymous, Maddison his worst game for us and we conceded three and they missed a penalty as well.

We were in the game early doors because we sat deep in defence against an apparent toothless Cardiff attack. But once again we didn''t take our chances which is also a big part of the game.

Possession and position is meaningless if it leads to nothing.

I don''t know how many were confident that we could come back after going behind. I was hopeful, that is the nature of supporting your team, but I was not confident.

Watched it online.Hoolahans best days are gone. Should have released him in the summer.Murphy has given up and Nelson seems angry.Reed is an average player in a poor team... he looks better than he actually is.

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]It would be more worrying if we had played badly and lost 3-1. There''s plenty of negatives without turning positives into negatives.[/quote]

What positives are there then?[/quote]
We went to 2nd in the league Cardiff, unbeaten at home all season and dominated them for the first 45 minutes. The second 45 weren''t so great but I would say that is still a positive.
I''m no happy clapper and as Nutty says, there were plenty of negatives, but that doesn''t mean there weren''t a few positives thrown in too. It''s called taking a balanced view.

I think the Murphy bashing is getting silly now.

Whenever he got the ball tonight, he tried to do something positive with it and he gets slated because it didn''t come off every time. He was running at his full back all match and actually caused quite a few problems. If he takes the easy option and plays it simple, he gets slated for not being positive.

What do the haters want from him?

Reed worked hard. Added nothing offensively and was weak defensively - never look solid when he plays vs. someone like Trybull.

That said, he was not the main problem tonight IMO. Oliveira put in one of the worst, if not the worst, overall performance by a Norwich striker that I can remember in recent times. Awful finishing, awful decision making and not that great at holding the ball up.

Josh, unsurprisingly a carbon copy of his brother. Will get a few goals but ultimately an absolute liability. The amount of breaks from Cardiff on that wing when we had good possession was remarkable. Redmond 5x the player on that performance.

Steipermann is not a LB, but took his goal sensationally. That seems a rather long time ago.

Maddison needs a rest.

I can''t believe how bad Olive was tonight.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]What positives are there then?[/quote]The only positive is that it''s another nail in Farke''s coffin.He''ll be gone by Christmas

Yea, Reed was so outstanding as a DM tonight that Cardiff were able to pass through our midfield like a knife through butter. Please explain what Vrancic did wrong tonight - I felt he was genuinely very decent? I don''t even understand what Reed brings to the team. Poor man''s Tettey, and that says it all.

Yes they went through like knives through butter but Reed was up the pitch at the time doing other peoples jobs. And if I''m not mistaken, one goal was a penalty following a set piece and the other a cross from Stiepermann''s wing.

Vrancic is supposed to cover him isn''t he? But he doesn''t. So that is why we got results for a period because we had two defensive midfielders. And if one made a move forward the other covered. But with only one, if he is somewhere else, and we have to rely on Vrancic getting back, forget it.