Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread - Cardiff

The worrying thing is that we''ve played ok tonight but still lost.We had our chances but we haven''t taken them.If we had taken them then the game, and 3 points, could have been ours.Nevertheless the powers that be believe that we don''t need another striker.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]82 minutes and 3-1 down and he goes like for like with Pritchard on for Maddison!

And there are idiots on this forum that say they would rather take League One than foreign investment! Guess what, you may get your wish in May if this clown carries on much longer![/quote][Y]

Can we really afford to take this all Season hoping Farke will come good next season ?

i really do not know the answer i do not think he has shown me enough to give him that chance

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lincoln canary golden Coppel"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"][quote user="hogesar"]Don''t normally post in these match threads (tend to be at the game). Not going to be making a habit out of it, I presume it''s always full of Reading fans gloating when we concede?[/quote]

Gloating? Do you understand the meaning of the word? Attack me all you want if it’s a way of venting your anger.

But at the end of the day, I’m pissed off with this continued mess... and I’d question fans like you who don’t appear to be.[/quote]How did you know he meant you ?I thought you weren''t a Reading fan.[/quote]
[:D]
[/quote]

Zzzzzz muppet. We’ve just conceded a 3rd and you want to concentrate on some pathetic game that involves me being a reading fan. Cool.[/quote]At last....a confession !Still don''t fret, you''ll be rolling in it now your bet''s come in.[/quote]

Rolling in it? The bookies aren’t stupid, the odds on a Cardiff win were rubbish.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Can we really afford to take this all Season hoping Farke will come good next season ?

i really do not know the answer i do not think he has shown me enough to give him that chance[/quote]

The way I feel, I say fhck it. Let this car crash play out all the way to league one.

I’d only be happy sacking Farke if Webber goes with him.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]My Dad phoned me at half time and said - have you seen the score?  We''re winning one nil!  My response was - how many do you think we''ll lose by?[:(][/quote]

Kinda sums it all up, sadly mate

The board are going to have to make a decision here. We looked decent up to a point tonight and then imploded. We are certainly not too good to go down

Well this is clearly now very worrying, if we are getting beat like this whilst playing OK.

There''s a very high and real chance we are going to get relegated.

Hold on to your hats...

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Well this is clearly now very worrying, if we are getting beat like this whilst playing OK.

There''s a very high and real chance we are going to get relegated.

Hold on to your hats...[/quote]starting to look that way

I know in simple terms we need results right now and not performances but im far happier after that performance than I am the last 3 or so before that.

Can we really afford to take this all Season hoping Farke will come good next season ?

i really do not know the answer i do not think he has shown me enough to give him that chance

I''m not sure that we can. Do you really have any confidence in a coach who continually overlooks players so that Vrancic stays in the team?

If you can''t defend then play higher up the pitch and if Klose isn''t happy with that then tough. Get Ragget back ASAP.

Murphy has all the attributes to be a good player except one thing. He hasn''t got a football brain. But his pace, which he has shown on three occasions tonight makes him a danger running off someone. Not just stuck to the touchline working in a yard of width.

Wes or Maddison should not be covering unless we are being pushed back. But when we are on top as we were for most of the first half, one of them should be making it three up front.

Cardiff, whether off form or just lucky, did not threaten too much and we still kept to the rigid system.

This isn''t Germany, it is the Championship and Farke better start getting used to it.

Well I must have watched a different game to some of you cause I think the scoreline is harsh and that up to 80 mins when I stopped watching thought it had been a better performance though I do appreciate that''s no consolation
If only Nelson had passed the ball to unmarked Wes, we''d have gone 2 up and it might have been a different 2nd half. Didn''t think their first penalty was a penalty. Our defending for their 3rd was shocking.
Guess we didn''t bring subs on any earlier as Pritchard, Trybull and Jerome aren''t 100%, injury situation isn''t helping us

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Can we really afford to take this all Season hoping Farke will come good next season ?

I''m not sure that we can. Do you really have any confidence in a coach who continually overlooks players so that Vrancic stays in the team?

If you can''t defend then play higher up the pitch and if Klose isn''t happy with that then tough. Get Ragget back ASAP.

Murphy has all the attributes to be a good player except one thing. He hasn''t got a football brain. But his pace, which he has shown on three occasions tonight makes him a danger running off someone. Not just stuck to the touchline working in a yard of width.

Wes or Maddison should not be covering unless we are being pushed back. But when we are on top as we were for most of the first half, one of them should be making it three up front.

Cardiff, whether off form or just lucky, did not threaten too much and we still kept to the rigid system.

This isn''t Germany, it is the Championship and Farke better start getting used to it.[/quote]
Problem is he was probably our best player tonight.

I know in simple terms we need results right now and not performances but im far happier after that performance than I am the last 3 or so before that.

I am less happy when we play better for much of the match and get beaten 3-1. What if we had played really badly?

What players do you think have the stomach for a relegation scrap?

Too many will have their minds elsewhere. Too many simply aren’t good enough.

The first sniff of a relegation battle and we are in serious trouble in my eyes...

Actually we looked decent going forward tonight - it just turns out that Murphy and Oliveira are actually utterly abysmal.

Defensively woeful and naive when pushing for that equaliser. That said, if Oliveira had laid off the ball at 1-0 you can guarantee Steipermann and Pinto would be sitting deep.

If it was a one off performance you would say hard luck, well played - but the trajectory is shocking. If you can''t take 2 opportunities out of the lot we made tonight and end up conceding 3 (plus pen save) then you have big problems.

Need a new striker, anyone for Murphy and Trybull alongside Vrancic asap.

Can''t see where the next win is coming from. Playing better /as well as your opponent yet losing 3-1 is hugely worrying.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This is a different story. We haven''t taken the chances we made rather than not making chances to take. Don''t know the stats but I''ll wager we''ve at least had as many as them.[/quote]No, it''s not a different story. We haven''t taken our chances all season, hence only 18 goals in 20 matches.We are now all but half way through the season and unless we can find/borrow/buy a decent striker we are going to be in deep shit*.And as for stats, the only stat that matters is that we lost (again)

[quote user="hogesar"]I know in simple terms we need results right now and not performances but im far happier after that performance than I am the last 3 or so before that.[/quote]

And you accuse others of being Reading fans? You are happy with losing tonight rather than getting 2 points from the last 3 games!

You really are a c0ck