Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

January requirements

I know we are shot because we need to sell to purchase - and simply cannot replace like for like in terms of quality but...

My shopping list would be (in order of need)

1. Two or three solid strong athletic midfielders - playing Maddison, Hoolahan, vrancic and Murphy is just too lightweight and at the heart of our problems

2. A striker who wants to be here and knows where the foams is. Olive looks so fed up I could cope with him going to be kindest. Would love a small quick type to play with cam up front in a two

I totally agree we need athletic midfielders, but I am at Cantiaci’s end of the argument.

If we get good offers players will go, but with a big hole in the 18/19 accounts to fill that is where the money will go. At best we may get one or two from lower divisions or abroad in exchange.

Suspect we’re more likely to see a continuation of the firesale, say Klose and Maddison out, and a previously unidentified ‘gem’, probably from German reserve football, in.

I think if we can get through January without losing our best players then for me that would be success. In my view our squad is plenty strong enough, it just needs more positive management and coaching. Ideally a new striker but we only play with one up front so could muddle on with what we have. Surely Nelson can''t be this bad for much longer can he?We have been unlucky with injuries to key players, so Pritchard will be like a new signing. Get Tettey and Trybull fit and firing hopefully we can calm the nerves a bit.