Sign in to follow this  
hampton canary

I do believe patience will be rewarded

The board stated from the outset this season that it will take a few transfer windows to get to where we want to be, that has not changed.

We still have a number of players on high wages who probably need to be sold/released such as Jarvis, Jerome, Naismith, Hoolahan, Martin and Tettey.

We have promising players in Lewis and Thompson recovering from injury as well as other youngsters out on loan such as Godfrey, Morris and Toffolo. Raggett will be joining us soon to add to the defence. There is also a lot of talent in the U-23 squad.

Farke has the highly talented Maddison and Pritchard available in midfield for the first time this season. Premier clubs may well put in high offers for either player in January, but if that happens, then lets hope it is a big club who will loan them back to us for the rest of the season.

Farke has only been in the job less than 6 months and still has a lot to learn about the championship, team selection and substitutions, but this would be a massive task for any manager new to English football. On the positive side we did have an unbeaten run; beat Ipswich away and played well in the cup against Arsenal.

We played well against Cardiff for the first half but once again failure to take chances when we are in front, coupled with poor referee decisions, resulted in a defeat and will not help the confidence of the players.

It is frustrating for all Norwich supporters at the moment but we have to continue to back the head coach and his players and I personally believe our patience will be rewarded.

If farke needed time to learn his job, he shouldn’t have been given it in the first place. This was our last season with the parachute payments not the time for even more experimental appointments

What on earth can you base that if he’s more time he can turn it around? The inspired subs, solid defence or maybe our free flowing high tempo high scoring brand of football, oh.

Well if we needed to sell or release Martin that we probably shouldn''t have given him a new long contract in the summer...

‘The board stated from the outset this season that it will take a few transfer windows to get to where we want to be, that has not changed‘

Well where is that exactly? Considering we have no money so have to sell the few pieces of real quality we have. So we may sell Maddison and get another 5 players from Germany?

Next season with no Maddison, Pritchard, Klose, Oliveria. But we may have another 10 or so from Germany to make the numbers up. I thought we were supposed to be building a better future, instead we are building for mediocrity...

None of us knows who will be sold and who will be brought in, but are the German/ East European players we currently have really that bad?

Apart from the top six in the premier league the majority of clubs also have to sell their good players, that is football. At least we no longer waste millions on players who are past their best, like Naismith and Jarvis. On the positive side we currently sell our players on for realistic fees, and unless we get an investor to buy Delia and Michael out this will continue.

I despair when some supporters are ready to dismiss this whole new venture when we haven''t even played half the season. Nobody was complaining when we went on an unbeaten run and won away at Ipswich, Sheffield Utd and Middlesbrough.

I have seen some very good, and also pretty poor managers at Norwich over the last 50 years of following the club. It is too early to say what category Farke will be in, but I do believe we need to give him more time.

My patience with the Delia and co has long gone. No more

They and there backers must go, the milk has turned sour.

Yes, there will be good times again but with owners with no money they won’t be able to compete in this league anymore.

The board stated from the outset this season that it will take a few transfer windows to get to where we want to be, that has not changed.

imagine in a interview for a high powered well paid job and you said it will take me 6 months to 12 months to show i can do the job do you think you would get hired ??

they only said that to please us into giving webber and Farke more time !