Sign in to follow this  
pete

Academy future very much in doubt

Without PL funding the future of the club and the academy looks grim. Once the parachute payment has been squandered and the financial reality of self funding becomes obvious cuts will follow. Academy to be cut, Colney improvements will not take place and redundancies will take place. This will commence within the next two years.

I just don’t see where the 2.5million a year or whatever is going to come from to fund it every year.

If it comes to it are we going to put the money into the squad or academy?

There has already been a lot of “rationalisation” at the academy, I do hope there won’t be any further cuts!

We are screwed Pete.There''s no hope and I''d start looking for another club to support if I was you.Good luck[Y]

Isn’t part of the idea for being a self financing club that we bring youngsters through and sell them at a profit? There seems a major floor in this plan...

[quote user="pete"]Without PL funding the future of the club and the academy looks grim. Once the parachute payment has been squandered and the financial reality of self funding becomes obvious cuts will follow. Academy to be cut, Colney improvements will not take place and redundancies will take place. This will commence within the next two years.[/quote]You missed the bit about Colney being sold for housing development.

I think the plan was to build the stadium at Colney and sell Carrow Road for development. Whoever came up with a scheme like that....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think the plan was to build the stadium at Colney and sell Carrow Road for development. Whoever came up with a scheme like that....[/quote]When did the self financing stadium at Broadland plan get shelved?

Transport links to the UEA would be a problem Duncan what with the tree roots on The Avenues restricting the cycle pathways.

[quote user="Mr. Meanor"]But surely the Showground makes sense to relocate to? Great transport links and too far for the oldies to walk to so surely its a win win![/quote]

Might be a surprise to Mr Mean but some of us oldies can still drive even if we cannot see all the road signs and occasionally mow down cyclists and a few pedestrians

Obviously this talk of relocation is all very sarcastic! But I’ve always thought had we got to the point of needing a much bigger stadium wouldn’t the land behind where the car park is be big enough? And we already own that. I’m sure we could have relocated to Wembley for a season while our new 65,000 stadium were built!

Build a new car park on the existing ground. Plus the worlds tallest block of flats to finance it!