Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Farke out? Straw poll

Unfortunately too many have been blinded by recent success and cannot come to terms with our new position.The club is in good hands, we are adjusting and that means no sh it or bust that completely sinks the club if it is the latter,For every one like Swansea or Burnley there is half a dozen ''long termers'' like Fulham, Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland etc who have not got back, There are those who have yet to get back Derby Forest even the binners so maybe some should actually atke on board that maybe our PL time was the abherration not where we are now.As to progress then I do see it. Yesterday we were far more expansive. The tippity tap, pinball play has been dropped. The idea of hoofing it is now an acceptable play when needed. No more the short goal kicks and passing out from the keeper*. Even the ludicrous zonal marking appears to have been dropped.The youth players and reserves'' are coming along better than I have seen in my timeWe are missing is a target man. Olivera''s natural play appears to be away from that position and he looks to prefer to be attacking the defence rather than being in amongst it. This means it is pretty pointless hitting in crosses if there is no one there who will knock it in.Yesterday was a game where had we have won no one would have claimed we were lucky or didn''t deserve it. The crowd seem to sense this. Despite talk of a riot and mass protest all I sensed was a willingness or desperation for the team to succeed. Later conversations were on the basis of frustration. As most seem to think we are playing better than the results alone suggest.Stick with it. If e can continue the support as yesterday it will come good - and will even if that support is not there. Which would be a shame as 40,000 felt they were supporters when we were at Wembley in 2015, Maybe 25,000 can keep that support when we are back at CR in December 2017.* apart from when with decent shimmy he dribbles past a player

“If we can keep the support as yesterday it will all come good”

So the reason we play $hite football is the supporters fault then!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]“If we can keep the support as yesterday it will all come good”

So the reason we play $hite football is the supporters fault then![/quote]No, but the way fans are can affect the team on the pitch.

Absolute boll0x LDC! Yet again you have no clue, get off your backside and get down here and see it instead of spouting your continued drivel!

The fans did all they could yesterday but it’s still down to them that it’s not good enough?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Absolute boll0x LDC! Yet again you have no clue, get off your backside and get down here and see it instead of spouting your continued drivel!

The fans did all they could yesterday but it’s still down to them that it’s not good enough?[/quote]I''ve been at plenty of matches where the crowd has been sh*t.  I travelled down on a Friday night to see us against Bolton a few seasons ago - and it nearly put me off making the effort again, the crowd was that quiet.  We won the match, but it was hard going right from the off - no noise, no atmosphere, nothing to inspire the players.  Fans DO affect what happens on the pitch - for better and for worse, if you don''t understand that, then you are in denial.   I will say this, it''s up to the team to give the crowd something to cheer about - but it works both ways.  The crowd have to be up for every game and if not - what is the point in going....just to be miserable?  

No point changing the manager all the time she is in charge here. The board have completely lost the plot and its killing this club. Unfortunately an awful lot of our fans are too blind to see it!

"For every one like Swansea or Burnley there is half a dozen ''long termers'' like Fulham, Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland"

That would be the same Sunderland who only got relegated last season yes?

I thought the atmosphere was still pretty naff Saturday. I was ill so maybe my lack of vocal support made all the difference but all around me in the Lower Barclay was generally not great. I know the Barclay End Project were giving it a good go but that was about it.
I suppose it''s one of those things. Our build up is quite patient - it''s not got the intensity that get''s fans moving. We lack proper width where players beat a man and the counter is on - Wildshut playing tends to improve the atmosphere at home because he very much gets his head down and runs.

@Hoegsar

Re atmosphere- I think all you can ask of fans is to turn up prepared to make noise at the off. If the team is getting support to gee them up early on it then falls on them to do enough to keep the crowd invested.

Unrealistic to expect fans to cheer and sing for 90 minutes with nothing on the pitch to encourage them.

The sad truth is I don;t really care. They could sack him tomorrow or stick with him and I don;t think i would feel any different because the bigger issue is with the inept board and the stubborn fools we have owning the club.

I am the closest I have been in 25 years to jacking in my season ticket and I think a lot of other fans feel similarly disillusioned.

We will have had 2 years of parachute payments and we will have completely and utterly wasted both of them if things continue as they are, not even managing to challenge in either despite having some seriously attacking talent at our disposal. Quite why people think we are going to improve "long term" whilst selling any player we can get a couple of quid for is beyond me.

Just so they can hand "their" club over to their little nephew.

I dont blame Farke because our squad reflects the money available for transfers etc.

Dont forget our last manger managed to waste £30m+ on wages, national insurance contributions and transfer fees (where approriate) for the following: Naismith, Jarvis, Mulumbu, Andreau, McGovern and Windshult.

Then there is the £6m+ on payoffs and

probably £10m poured down the drain re Lafferty and VOO.

Overall about £50m. poured down the drain.........

And therein lies the rub Donkey. New equity is vital if we have any aspiration of even staying at tier two level. Our board could not afford to make any mistakes - your analysis suggests some £50m arguably not used to its full potential -

because they don’t have a fortune to fall back on. With the money in the championship today, I suspect the narrative will soon become about being competitive in tier three or lower.

Unless we get new investment in the club, I can see us drifting through tier two into tier three. We might be able to compete at that level if we charge Premiership prices while having division one costs.

The problem is a new manager comes in and nothing can change because we simply don’t have the money.

The problems run a lot deeper than Farke.

I''m convinced a better coach would get more out of this squad. Farke is a combination of clueless and unlucky which doesn''t bode well.

Aye, I don''t think we have terrible players, we have enough to get up the table. Poor tactics, poor subs and zero luck.

Grant , Roeder , Gunn , Adams , Neil . Thats what you get from this Board Lambert being the exception and i doubt they had much to do with that , if left to them Gunn would have taken us into League 2

I desperately wanted Farke to be a success, but he is fast running out of rope. Cardiff''s substitutions changed the game, and he didn''t make any at all until after the third goal went in. Better performance or not, he needs wins and he needs them fast. Lose to Wednesday next week and you feel the fans may start to turn en masse.

Yes i he is not getting the best out of these players

can you imagine Warnock last night at half time tea cups going everywhere but he got his players to come out firing

i am not saying warnock but we need someone with some fire in their belly thats what Lambert had

do the players respect Farke ? are they playing for him and buying into his ways it does not look like it

we have some of the best players in the championship at our club you just have to find a way of getting it out of them

it is not a simple thing to do find a new manager but there must be someone who can get this team playing better

We''ve made abit of a rod for our backs though with Webber looming above any manager, who would want to work in that structure?

Farke is taking alot of flack some of it justified, but some of it is because we just cant control the centre mid without a 31 year old with a dodgy knee who we''re not offereing a new contract to. Now Webber would have known this and it was his job to make sure there was some physicality brought in, he had experience of how the championship worked aswell (unlike Farke). The idea of Webber taking control of transfers was it was meant to improve the success rate of those new players, i cant see any improvement.

4-2-thefloor, can hardly agree with that sentiment. Farke''s primary job is to get us promoted. Simple as that. The financial security of the club depends on us achieving that soon, otherwise the quality of the playing squad will have to drop even further.

As for Farke in or out, I certainly preferred our football under AN. I''m not saying AN was the answer, he had problems too, but I certainly don''t think this playing style is going to succeed for us, especially not this season now. We''ve shown glimpses of what we could achieve, but we''re defensively weak, even perhaps naive. Farke has taken one of the top scoring sides in the league and turned them into one of the lowest. Only 3 sides have scored less goals than Norwich, and there''s no coincidence they are all in the bottom 4...

Unless things pick up soon we do need to consider our option, it is a result business and we''re not seeing results. I think the club are prepared to stick with Farke for now though, I want him to succeed too, but he has yet to convince me he''s got the goods to do a good job, and my patience like many others is wearing thin now. I used to go to games expecting us to win, now I go hoping we don''t lose...

If Farke does get pumped what chances and thoughts of Mr Lambert back?

Indy wrote the following post at 02/12/2017 9:37 AM:

If Farke does get pumped what chances and thoughts of Mr Lambert back?

That would mean that the board would also have to sack Webber. Only managers in the mould of Farke will come to work in this setup

I’m not sure that would be such a bad thing either after this week, I had Webber as wait and see, but I get the impression he’s already lined up his excuses for a poor season as it was down to pissing the money away......no shit Sherlock, we’ve been saying that before you decided to jump from a promoted team! Wonder if he was already lined up to be pushed out by Huddersfield!