Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Farke out? Straw poll

You can. It is not easy, and in this instance it would be markedly harder than in some other cases, but it is possible. It just needs someone who is very deteremined and very capable and who - crucially - has the right long-term plan for the club.

i think Purple is right if i i was a billionaire and i had 100 million say to pump into the club and i wanted to buy Delia out how would the fans react someone from Norfolk , got 100 mill to put into club , good business man with no Dodgy history

how could she turn that down if she truly is a fan of the club ? i think if she refused that it would be worse than the chase days

Purple sez :- You can. It is not easy, and in this instance it would be markedly harder than in some other cases, but it is possible. It just needs someone who is very deteremined and very capable and who - crucially - has the right long-term plan for the club.

Nope, never gonna happen......The ''Lady'' is not for turning......Our future ''none financially contributing'' benefactor, is now also a Director appointed (by you know who). This future appointed Director also happens to be a close relative of the majority shareholder......No point in discussing even a hypothetical scenario of an extremely rich investor coming in - whether they/them be ''local'' or otherwise......We were told in layman''s terms by the majority shareholding duo......"Like it, or lump it."......

I’ve no idea what their shares are worth and it would never happen but if 25,000 fans each put in their season ticket cost into a fund to buy them out and have the club truly owned by the city, county, fans of the club.

Anyway Farke out? Not sure at the moment, I do want him to be a success - but it''s a results business, unfortunately we''re not achieving those results and it''s not getting easier......Something''s gotta give.......

[quote user="norfolkngood"]You can. It is not easy, and in this instance it would be markedly harder than in some other cases, but it is possible. It just needs someone who is very deteremined and very capable and who - crucially - has the right long-term plan for the club.

i think Purple is right if i i was a billionaire and i had 100 million say to pump into the club and i wanted to buy Delia out how would the fans react someone from Norfolk , got 100 mill to put into club , good business man with no Dodgy history

how could she turn that down if she truly is a fan of the club ? i think if she refused that it would be worse than the chase days[/quote]

I''m not aware of any Norwich fans that meet your criteria. So realistically that leaves foreign investment. Given the risks that come with that would that be any better ?

Looking at the numbers I don''t know at what price the current owners would let the club go for but let''s say £50m might tempt them. That leaves £50m on player / new manager etc. Given how quickly we burnt through the Sky money and where that left us I''m not certain if that is the answer.

I''m prepared to give the new system longer. I understand d why we are clearing out players to balance the books and just chucking lots of money is a huge risk. Let''s say we borrowed £50m and still didn''t get promoted........ what then ?

Personally if we don''t get promoted this season, then we''ll obviously then have to ''cut our cloth'' accordingly......I think unfortunately that will also bring an extended stay in the Championship......or worse......

Clubs take that risk to have these ''rich'' investors/owners to bring instant success......It doesn''t always reap the required rewards, but Wolves at this current moment in time seem to be.....Although, there is half a season to go yet.....Who knows eh?

I''m not sure we ever really got the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth of the Peter Cullum story but he is a homegrown Norwich boy who is, or certainly was, a billionaire.

No. This season is transitional. I have seen enough from Farke to believe there will be an upturn after the New Year but expecting more of the same till then. It might not be enough to affect this season but there should be a steady improvement in our younger players at least.

[quote user="JF"]I’ve no idea what their shares are worth and it would never happen but if 25,000 fans each put in their season ticket cost into a fund to buy them out and have the club truly owned by the city, county, fans of the club.[/quote]25,000 x 400 = 10 million - would be well short of the money needed. Plus where would we be? Unless we were all prepared to pledge to put in a few hundred a year extra to subsidise wages and gamble on the transfer market, we would remain a "self-financing club."

[quote user="norfolkngood"]You can. It is not easy, and in this instance it would be markedly harder than in some other cases, but it is possible. It just needs someone who is very deteremined and very capable and who - crucially - has the right long-term plan for the club.

how could she turn that down if she truly is a fan of the club ? i think if she refused that it would be worse than the chase days[/quote]In many ways it would be the ideal scenario, Norfolk - a rich benefactor, who cared about the club and was prepared to make a financial loss. I fear that it is unlikely though.Even then though, what people might say in public and what they actually deliver might be different things - I can''t remember the details but there was the insurance bloke who made what turned out to be rather empty promises wasn''t there?

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]I''m not sure we ever really got the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth of the Peter Cullum story but he is a homegrown Norwich boy who is, or certainly was, a billionaire.[/quote]Quite enough of the truth to be sure that the directors were right to reject Cullum''s very flawed takeover plan, and that was without the benefit of knowing that his mistaken over-ambition would later come very close to destroying his insurance empire.As for whether Delia could ever be forced to sell, the Romans had the phrase for it - vox populi, vox dei.

yes i agree Purple unlikely event of it happening a norwich born billionaire

but if it did happen surely Delia would be under huge pressure to sell to them and the crowd would be very angry if she turned it down for the only reason to keep it in the family

all if''s but''s and maybe''s but would be interesting if it happened to see what delia would do

i can not see how any Norwich fan wouldnot want it to happen if the person was 100 % and also honest and trustworthy

i know about the rebuilding etc i know we lost players but we are not seeing any progress in fact we are going backwards fast

these players should be a team by now they have had enough time to gel but play like unknown team met today and thrown together

the question i ask is Farke getting the most out of the team i do not think he is

This was the sort of gamble that we would have needed to take NEXT season after the parachute payments had ended and we needed to try something else from a different angle. But not this!!...we still had an advantage over most other clubs and still most of the attacking players that were jointhe top scorers in this league last year. I still believe that there would be other managers who''d be doing better with this group of players

I''m on the fence right now. Part of me thinks he needs more time but I just don''t see anything resembling progress at the moment.

I''m not impressed by the new signings but I also don''t think Farke is getting the most out of them. Watkins was a more than solid Championship player last season, this season he looks awful. Vrancic was playing in the Bundesliga for the last two seasons yet can''t do anything for us. I don''t think this squad is great but I don''t think it is a bad as we''re showing right now.

He needs some wins and quick this decline and body language of the players speaks volumes. We are no longer a good side but better than this. If the board hold their nerve a relegation scrap is on the cards. To many of the squad look pissed off and or out of form

I just don’t see things changing if he goes. The damage has already been done by changing the system and ripping the playing squad to shreds.

We would have to find somebody to work under Webber as well, which means we would be looking another unknown guy plucked from Germany

It isn''t great to watch at the moment, I don''t think anyone can deny that. But we need to stick with the project. We''ve completely overhauled the playing squad over the summer to the greatest extent I can remember in one close season, and it would be silly to sack him unless we completely fall apart. With Pritchard coming back and Tettey and Trybull presumably not too far away (Tettey has been a big miss, and will hopefully oust the passenger Vrancic when he''s fit again), I can see us turning the corner and doing enough to finish comfortably in mid-table.

My biggest concern is that bar wolves..we haven''t even played anyone at home yet and only won 2....the only thing keeping us in the mid table area we are now is the 4 game winning run a few weeks back..if our away form is now becoming as bad, we''re in trouble

[quote user="norfolkngood"]but is it fair just to sack Farke i think if he was to go i think webber should also go[/quote]Fairness doesn''t come in to it. Every ''manager'' who''s ever been sacked will have said it was unfair. We can''t afford to sack both of them and Webber''s track record in English football is better than Farke''s so we have to stick with the DoF model I guess.

sorry what i was trying to say was if you sack Farke but Webber may well be part of the problem so who do you sack ?

Farke then Webber appoints another unheard of manager and we do this all again ?

i think that if it goes to the wall they are both to blame as much as each other

[quote user="norfolkngood"]sorry what i was trying to say was if you sack Farke but Webber may well be part of the problem so who do you sack ?

Farke then Webber appoints another unheard of manager and we do this all again ?

i think that if it goes to the wall they are both to blame as much as each other[/quote]You may well be right, but Webber is in quite an unassailable position though as the board/owners will have to admit they got it wrong (again) before they sack him. We all know their track record of swift decisive action is pretty woeful so I don''t expect Webber to go anywhere soon.

Hmmm, new manager, new system, new players. New structure. For me the test is whether there are signs of getting it right. Sadly I don''t see many. I think Webber was poached because he got lucky at Huddersfield, knew he probably couldn''t sustain it, and has simply tried to replicate the model with no sublety, nuance or insight. The owners have been deluded again by the emperor''s new clothes. But its too late. I don''t see much point in a change. The bed has been chosen, there is no money for a new one, so in it we must lie. There is a culture of failure at this club, only Lambert and briefly Alex Neil managed to break it, but the only ever presents in consistent under performance are the owners. Not much point in changing anything else in my book.

Maybe I''m being harsh but we don''t really seem to be getting better.

I know my hasty ''the German experiment has failed'' remark early in this thread probably overstated what we are seeing but does anyone really believe the manager knows what he''s doing.

We could easily have lost today but we didn''t so I''m reasonably happy. And the whole ref plus injuries and subs during added time was enjoyable. Is that the longest second half in city history?

I am still trying to make up my mind on Farke but wonder before travelling to this country do you think Farke would have heard of Gunn - possibly, Watkins - doubtful, Husband probably not (Webber has signed Husband before) which makes me ask how much input does Farke have in new signings. If Farke has to go so does Webber he has signed most of this rubbish, makes you ask whether the Sporting Director set up is an improvement on the old system. Certain managers have said as they have to work with the players they would decide who they brought in.Huddersfield don''t seem to be missing Webber and didn''t seem to put up much of a fight to keep him.