Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Farke out? Straw poll

The advantage of the operational model we have now is that the success or otherwise of Farke impacts on Webber. Potentially this could be Webber''s biggest and last job in football if Farke messes this up. I trust in him to make the right decision when the time comes.

Absolutely no. We have been through a huge turmoil and next season will see even bigger turnover and change. Chopping and changing the coach as well would make things even more unstable.

The guy needs this year and next to build a squad that play his way.

Relegation however has to be unacceptable so if that became a real possibility then there might have to be a rethink.

No

Its not Farke''s fault that the board allowed £40m to be poured down the drain.

Transfers and wages re AN.''s signings

+ transfer and wages re Lafferty, VOO

+ payoffs

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Absolutely no. We have been through a huge turmoil and next season will see even bigger turnover and change. Chopping and changing the coach as well would make things even more unstable.

The guy needs this year and next to build a squad that play his way.

Relegation however has to be unacceptable so if that became a real possibility then there might have to be a rethink.[/quote]That really is depressing.

Don''t rate the guy at all but no doubt we''ve agreed some massive pay off deal that would see him set up for life and the Club even more skint than they are now.If ever there was an example of being up sh*te street without a paddle then the Club is it.It was a bad decision to appoint him in the first place and the monumental gamble hasn''t paid off.In no way does he get the best out of the squad of players at his disposal because we should really be doing a lot better than we are.I don''t think he has the capability to turn things around and I doubt, and hope, that he will not be here next season.

The problem I have is that he has no track record whatsoever so we have put all our money on the roulette table and it is red or black. The churn of players will continue with a vengeance in the summer.

No. What would be the point ? I doubt he''s on very much money at all - at least in terms of what many managers earn - so if he did go it would cost us more to get a '' name '' in with no guarantee of success. With all the upheaval that''s taken place over the last few months he must be given time unless we absolutely fall off a cliff though to be fair one point in five games is freefall.I think he''ll turn it round but it won''t be pretty.

No definitely not.

We have to be patient and give him time. Granted the start has been mixed and our lack of goals is a concern but the guy has walked into a club going through a major transformation and cost cutting exercise to deal with its new financial reality.

Now I agree with lots of supporters that delia should be considering outside investment but in the absence of this we need a coach who can develop and bring through younger players and develop a style that will allow us to compete against clubs with much greater financial backing.

Farley has been here for 20 odd games so far and has probably started to work out the league and his players and given consideration to how he can be successful here. Bear in mind we will likely lose Pritchard, tettey, hoolahan and maybe oliveria shortly to balance the books, he has a tough job.

Yes, I would like to see a more positive style of football but it takes time, it took ferguson years to turn around manutd and they had more money than everyone. For once we will have to stay the course, if we believe he Is the man, then he needs atleast another couple of transfer windows with Webber to wheel and deal a side to fit his game plan

Prefer to give it until Christmas, if the current downward spiral is still in full flow then afraid a change will be required to prevent relegation. What concerns me is the body langauge of some of the players, they dont seem to believe in his approach and style and its almost like their way versus his way and almost one upmanship. I was sitting right behind the dugout on Saturday and when we scored Farke stayed seated and didn''t celebrate, the fact was that the build up had been far more direct and we had got a goal , one nil to the players. He then continuously swore and cursed for the rest of the half at every mistake the players made and went to sulk in his dugout, not exactly the motivational leadership the team currently needs to lift it from a very low confidence point. There appears to be scepticism around the keep ball at all cost zonal style which is leading to some players being caught out and following the zones so strictly that there is too little creative off the ball movement except Mr Pinto who is doing great and growing as a leader.

The mans a joke and only the idiots who own this club would replace one untried manager with another , but in all honesty he may as well stay because the problem at this club is Smith and her family , until they are removed nothing will get better and League one is a real possibility .

Based on results, tactics, team selection etc I would have to say a big disappointment. Both himself and Webber have been somewhat over hyped. BUT who out there would be any better. All the usual names keep coming and going, but none show any real consistency and produce long term results. The huge financial gap between Premier and Championship causes a lot of unnecessary pressure. Another big problem is that most players are considerably over paid, agents are lurking in the background and it must be difficult for managers to motivate. I don''t see us being relegated this season but if there is no all round improvement by May, then I think Farke''s days are numbered, and the managerial merry go round continues in common with most other teams !!

Highland. We have actually received, mainly from Sky, over the past 4 accounting years the total sum of £216 million. That''s a lot of investment money however way you look at it. It has been badly handled by our Management both on and off the field. But as I mentioned we are no different from the rest of the Clubs which make up the shambolic state of English Football.

Yes

The football we are seeing at home is rubbish. The new system looks just as bad as the old.

Seems like over complicated formations to no real end. Can''t score and can''t keep a clean sheet without six players in defence.

I''m usually a happy clapper but I''ve had enough. The ground is silent we hardly ever create a chance and I''m sick of shout my support whilst those around me look on. Where is the passion?

FFS whats wrong with 442. All you need is a big bloke and little fast bloke up top. It''s worked for decades.

The German experiment has failed.

No. We have to give this time.

All foreign players take time to adapt to our style, and that goes for Farke. Remember Wagner/Webber did very little in their first season.

And how can you say the German experiment has failed when Stieps & Trybull have been arguably some of our best players this season (albeit Husband has consistently been our worst!).

If Olive stays fit, and Pritchard gets back to his best, one expects our midfield will have much more zest and goals.

Lets give it time

"All you need is a big bloke and little fast bloke up top."up top of what... the big bloke ?What is not happening at the club is just another manager. There has been a root and branch clear out of staff, players and attitudes. As well as procedures.For those who though it would bring instant success then tough.You can either support what is being attempted or Fark off.The word supporter should give you a clue (the first seven letters)...  or is it fan ... only when it is ok ?

No. It is a massive restructuring that''s going on and he needs this season and next to complete it. I would accept relegation this season if it led to long-term strengthening, but it won''t come to that. We are just one game away from confidence returning anyway.

Rock The Boat wrote the following post at 23/11/2017 6:28 PM:

No. It is a massive restructuring that''s going on and he needs this season and next to complete it. I would accept relegation this season if it led to long-term strengthening, but it won''t come to that. We are just one game away from confidence returning anyway.

I tend to agree with this opinion but my problem with it is that at the end of the season we are highly likely to lose Gunn, Pinto, Klose, Tettey, Pritchard,Maddison and Oliviera due to the clubs finances/players ambitions. So then a new restructuring programme is needed at the end of this season

Agree about Trybul, I’d forgotten about him when typing that. Yanic’s face appears not to fit and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were gone in January. Murphy is a hard one to call as I just don’t see a move coming from him like his brothers at the minute

No, of course Farke should stay, right now. If he can get Tettey and Pritchard fit again and playing regularly, then a mid-table finish is realistic.

However, just because we have restructured and now have a director of football, that doesn''t change the rules of the game. If you don''t get results, you''re out. Alex Neil earned a period of grace for getting Norwich promoted. Farke has no such form to fall back on. He needs to get Norwich winning at home or there will be trouble on the horizon. This isn''t Huddersfield. Expectations are much higher here, whether that is realistic under the current owners or not.

[quote user="JF"]Agree about Trybul, I’d forgotten about him when typing that. Yanic’s face appears not to fit and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were gone in January. Murphy is a hard one to call as I just don’t see a move coming from him like his brothers at the minute[/quote]

But he’s potentially worth 25 million according to Farke 😂😂

Farke = No

Delia & Michael Wyn Jones = Yes

Tom = Yes

Rest Of the Board = Yes

Only way to progress

[quote user="Mike "]Farke = No

Delia & Michael Wyn Jones = Yes

Tom = Yes

Rest Of the Board = Yes

Only way to progress[/quote]Just get a syndicate together and make them an offer they can''t refuse, job''s a good ''un. Simples.

Just get a syndicate together and make them an offer they can''t refuse, job''s a good ''un. Simples.

You can’t buy what isn’t for sale. Job’s a shit ‘un. Simples.

i think tomorrow will tell me how serious things are

if he is outwitted by AN and we are out played by Preston something needs to change

It all depends on how we do in the second half of the season and expectations are modest. Teams have been relegated with 50 points and that is still a long way off at the moment. The turnover of players next summer will be massive to get the big earners off the books the choice of replacements will be critical and forget promotion we have more chance of being in a relegation scrap. As for this season I suspect we will keep the managerial team unless we get close to the bottom three then it will be panic as league 1 could be very very damaging in the short term

[quote user="JF"]Just get a syndicate together and make them an offer they can''t refuse, job''s a good ''un. Simples.

You can’t buy what isn’t for sale
. Job’s a shit ‘un. Simples.[/quote]You can. It is not easy, and in this instance it would be markedly harder than in some other cases, but it is possible. It just needs someone who is very deteremined and very capable and who - crucially - has the right long-term plan for the club.