Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Farke out? Straw poll

Far too early in my opinion, although I do have my doubts. I think we all need to accept we’re not going up this season, or at least very unlikely anyway. If in a few months there’s been no discernible progress or we find ourselves in a relegation battle, then that’ll be the time to review it.

So for me:-

No

No.

But I feel he is starting to be far too stubborn in how he wants to play and waiting for it to work. It hasn’t worked all season especially at home - similar criticisms were levelled at Hughton and Neil.

If it was as simple as getting a decent replacement I’d say yes, but with our boards record of picking untried managers I see no point in all honesty. The problem lies a lot deeper than changing the manager or head coach or whatever they want him to be called!

Nothing this current ownership and board does will arrest this malaise imo so until there is a change at the top we are stuck with what we’ve got sadly

all a bit smoke and mirrors and emperors new clothes for me?

2 home wins in 9, and but for the 4 away game winning streak, we''d now be down in the bottom 5 . If our away form is now going to mirror our home , we''re in trouble.

joint top scorers in the league last season to 4th worst this time around.

Could someone else be getting better from these players, even with the summer upheaval?...I''m styarting to think maybe

another failure to win at home on Saturday and I think I''m a "yes"

No. Absolutely notThe changes made at the club are in response to a huge change in our income ie no parachute payments.Not only do we have to cut our cloth but we have to get the best out of it, Playing staff and importantly the youth system.It is far, far too early to judge how far we have come, or how much of that is working... other than results on the pitch, as important as they are.So calm down and stop whining like a spoilt child is my advice to the whingers - though I expect they will continue so misspelling our ''managers ''nameyou can all Fark off

No, and it is just never going to happen at this stage. The board have shown they''re prepared to give managers a "generous" amount of time to try and prove themselves. Given what they''re trying to achieve at the moment, this will take a couple of years at least.

Not yet. I''d give him til Xmas to see if there''s an improvement. Saying it''s a work in progress only works if there is actual progress, which I haven''t seen thus far.

I don''t want to be sitting there in Jan and Feb watching this dross, freezing my nuts off!

[quote user="Rhubarb"]No. Absolutely notThe changes made at the club are in response to a huge change in our income ie no parachute payments.Not only do we have to cut our cloth but we have to get the best out of it, Playing staff and importantly the youth system.It is far, far too early to judge how far we have come, or how much of that is working... other than results on the pitch, as important as they are.So calm down and stop whining like a spoilt child is my advice to the whingers - though I expect they will continue so misspelling our ''managers ''nameyou can all Fark off[/quote]

No parachute payments? Did we only get them for one year then?

Get your Farking facts right if you want to condemn others

[quote user="Herman"]Currently I am the closest I have been to a yes, but I will stay patient.[/quote]the question is if Farke goes what happens to the whole coaching and scouting structureeven if we had the money would it be that easy to totally restructure againof course it should never be solely on the basis of money, but we do need to let this run for a season at least

No. The club has put their eggs in one basket with this setup. It should be seen through and if it fails the owners and board should fall on their own sword.

Before a ball had been kicked I’d have said anything other than play offs would be a failure, I see no reason why our expectations of what the club should achieve should be downgraded. Realistically the play offs are looking a million miles off now. A lower mid table finish or even worse relegation battle is totally unacceptable. These owners and this tin pot board have taken the club as far as they can

The way I see this system Rhubarb is that it is easier to get rid of the head coach without the need to replace the rest of the backroom staff. They are not as intertwined as a manager and his mate the coach.

No - we have set out it’s going to be a full change in the way the club is going to be run and how we play.

Occasionally everything can click and bring instant success but most times it requires time, patience and consistency.

Only if we are seriously in danger of relegation would I get rid of Farke this season.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]What do you class as failure though JF, especially when we were told this was our best chance of Promotion?[/quote]

Last season was the best chance of promotion, but they blew it by taking 20 weeks to sack the boy Neil.

Now, with no McNasty to ride to the rescue, we are on track for League 1 next season, or the season after.

It can only be a NO..........

But if this form continues, I see the rug being pulled not only from under the feet of Mr Farke, but his Director of football too!

No one is bigger than the club, and the club matters most. Further slip ups which see us slide further towards division 1 won’t be tolerated, or rather, can’t be tolerated, by the board as quite simply, with the current debt getting bigger, fans cannot be allowed to drift away, and that has started to happen!

A no from me too, but he has got to keep us in the division.

Will then give him the start of next season for clearly visible signs of delivering on the long term project. Visible signs of improvement in the second half of this season would be very welcome.

OTBC

No, but things need to pick up very soon. We might only be a few points off the playoffs but then so are a lot of teams and I wouldn''t want to see us fall too far off the pace or a relegation battle will be had. Which is unthinkable.