Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

How can Worthy be defended now?

I have never rated Worthy, in fact have posted many threads on here about his style of management, so knock me all you want.  BUT, I am a passionate supporter of the team that I love.  I also give up my time VOLUNTARILY as a scout for the academy because I want to make City amongst the best that there is, so I believe that I am entitled to my opinions as much as anyone else pro or anti Worthy.

I hope that if we do lose to the scum, he will do the decent thing and go.  He has done all he can, but he is clueless and it is time to get another to take us that little bit further.  Look at the facts:

He plays people out of position then knocks them because they ''didn''t perform''!

Has no idea about tactics

His transfer dealings leave much to be desired (Ashton and Hucks aside)

Constant excuses

We got promoted yes, but by the lowest points tally in years

Worthy has steadied the ship, but the ship needs to move on or it will become grounded and tip over.

" We got promoted yes, but by the lowest points tally in years "Cynics might suggest the two teams who were in second and third place might both have got a lower points tally.Certainly you have a point about the transfer dealings. Look how much money we lost on Francis.Rather confused though about this claim about " ... people out of position then knocks them " as the consensus on here seems to be that he doesn''t criticise the players.

Well obviously I must be reading the wrong press then.  He does criticise his own, has done on many occassion, never his methods tho.  As I said earlier, everyone is entitled to their opinions, as am I. I may disagree, but looking at the messages on here, many are thinking the same. The tide is turning.

He can''t be defended you can only look at his results and judge him on that,if that was the case he should be clearing his desk this morning!!!!!,well we can hope.

We have not won a away game for over a year and last night he changed the team and WE payed for it,Watford are a team made up of freebies and loan signings and they made us look like a school team,how anyone can still stick up for NW i can''t understand as i think he has 3 flaws.

1-HE HAS NO IDEA ABOUT TACTICS!!!!!!!

2-HIS PLAYER SELSCTION SUCKS!!!!!!!!

3-HE JUST DOSN''T KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING AND THAT IS GOING TO COST US AND THE CLUB!!!!!!!!

So come on people there is no excuses he can come up with when we lose against that lot down the road,and we will lose then he should have some balls and quit!!!!!!!!!!!.

MadDan - Francis was available at a giveaway £250k, a figure set by Wimbledon''s administrators so it was hardly a typical example to assess Worthington''s decidedly patchy transfer dealings.
Far more revealing to look at Mark Rivers - £600k wasted and not a penny coming back.
Tellingly, Rivers''s has knocked in a few goals for Crewe this season.
One presumes the player is operating in his favoured position.

Sometimes i don''t understand Worthy, he seems to say a lot of things that suppporters will be pleaed to here and then he goes and make crazy decisions!! Again he has his favourites, this and last term it is Fleming - who is going to cost us again! He refuses to give players a proper chance! McVeigh will never get a run in the team and nor will Brennan. We will never see Davenport and Shackell playing together and as soon as Hucks is back we''ll be back to playing the predictable punt to the left wing.
Worthy has done his bit and can go no further as a manager. I agree with a previous post about Worthy has steadied the ship, all credit to him. But something has to happen otherwise the steadied ship is going to stay static!