Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

AGM - photo of attendees!

HR wrote:

£100 a share? Yeah, no thanks. Not when the owners won''t put a penny in without expecting to be paid it back. Don''t give a multi million £ business owned by multi millionaires money for a useless piece of paper. Give it to a charity or something if you can afford to throw it away like that!

But aren’t NCFC a charity already?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I''m surprised this thread hasn''t been pulled. Ageism is just as repugnant as other forms of discrimination. Where are you SDP?[/quote]
Ageism? That would be a polite description of some of the stuff on this thread. But as posted elsewhere....

Noun[edit]

keyboard warrior (plural keyboard warriors)

1. (informal, pejorative) A person who behaves aggressively and/or in an inflammatory manner in online text-based discussion media, but at the same time does not behave similarly in real life, potentially due to cowardiceintroversion or shyness.
Timid Tims....

[quote user="City 2nd"]HR wrote:

£100 a share? Yeah, no thanks. Not when the owners won''t put a penny in without expecting to be paid it back. Don''t give a multi million £ business owned by multi millionaires money for a useless piece of paper. Give it to a charity or something if you can afford to throw it away like that!

But aren’t NCFC a charity already?[/quote]err, I thought that was the whole point of being an ''hinvestor''(the clue is in the name)

Mr Angry wrote the following post at 30/11/2017 7:33 PM:

Is it just me, or does everyone imagine a faint whiff of ammonia on seeing that picture?

😉

😂😂😂

When you''ve finished with old people who shall we try ridicule next. Gays maybe? Or some good old fashioned sexism. Let''s go look at the Brexit thread for some ideas...

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][img]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.5301624!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg[/img][/quote]

Looks like auditions for a new series of One Foot in the Grave[/quote]

We are signing up for a tryout in the youth team[:D][/quote]
The signature page must have contained a typo then....surely such tryouts would take place at Colney....not Cocoon. 

The AGM was a pointer to the crowd at Carrow Road, it''s almost a closed shop with all us season ticket holders, many who have had one for years and years. How can anyone take their kids when you can''t get seats together ?

[quote user="Van wink"]Mr Angry wrote the following post at 30/11/2017 7:33 PM:

Is it just me, or does everyone imagine a faint whiff of ammonia on seeing that picture?

😉

😂😂😂[/quote]

Take a good, deep breath.

Given that the share issue was quite a few years ago now and given also that buying shares is not generally a young persons game and also I would suggest a certain type of person is kore likely to attend a company AGM then I think the make up of the crowd at the AGM is pretty much as you would expect.

All fans of the club but also fair to say probably not a representative sample of our support as a whole and based on previous attendances definitely on the conservative and Delia loyalist side of the fence although in years gone by there had been some challenging questions raised.

i have shares but in truth they were more a donation to the club since the shares held by fans other than Delia/MWJ and Foulger are pretty much worthless. People tend to forget that through those share issues, the rebate monies and the annual academy donations fans have "donated" quite significant sums of money to the club already.

I wonder if the gay supporters have affected the atmosphere. Or maybe the increase of women. Perhaps we need to compare these numbers against those of the 90s when men were men and chased out big fat Bob...

But then ironically there may have been less big fat fans 😲

That''s a good question. Is big vince an old supporter who gets behind the team? Or a youngster distracted by his mobile phone? Is BV GBL or T? Fat or thin? Man or woman?

We need to know so we can stereotype him properly.....

Gotta love daly.

Look mate, firstly not every person in one generation of people is exactly the same. Many people in mine are feckless idiots and I won''t dispute that. But it''s a minority, those of us who work hard but just find ourselves in unfavourable circumstances are never reported on or talked about.

Secondly that''s Norwich, a brilliant place to live full of opportunity. Those of us stuck out in the sticks with the only metropolitan area within reach being dead, forgotten little seaside towns full of down and outs or little villages without a single place of business aren''t so lucky and certainly can''t go out spending £100 every weekend at the riverside.

The reason many people in my age group find ourselves on the opposite political spectrum to you is not because we want something for nothing, an easy life, or feel entitled to something. It''s because many of us work damn hard, but still find ourselves in abject poverty. The dream of working hard to make something of yourself isn''t available to many of us and we''ll spend our whole lives spinning our wheels and getting spat on by those more fortunate. The system doesn''t work anymore, it''s not about being entitled. If you work hard and try to be a decent person in general you should absolutely not have to live in poverty with absolutely no future prospects. It shouldn''t just be the top 10/20% of people who get to escape a miserable existence.

Sorry for going OT but I get so frustrated by opinions like that. Those on the J Kyle show/featured in the Daily Mail etc are sadly a decent proportion of my generation but I hate how we all get tarred with the same brush.

No problem with those in attendance btw. I was simply stating that most in Norfolk are getting on a bit so it''s no surprise that any large group of people from this area will contain a lot of oldies. Wasn''t taking the mick, it''s just how things are in this county. I don''t begrudge you lot anything. It''s those at the very top who have screwed my generation and I lay the blame at their feet. Just incase you interpreted my post as attacking the older guys for what it''s worth.

Anyway, sorry again for the long ramble. Enjoy the match tonight guys!

HorseRenoir

Sure there are thousands in your situation, my family have never had it easy. Remember seeing photo''s of my Dad passing a cigarette down a line at the dole offices in Edinburgh.

Still hope you find wealth in the future, sure you will if you as you say you work hard.

Not sure about enjoying tonight''s game though

Good Luck

Pulled from https://www.ageuk.org.uk

Some examples of ageism include:

• losing a job because of your age
  • being refused interest-free credit, a new credit card, car insurance or travel insurance because of your age
  • receiving a lower quality of service in a shop or restaurant because of the organisation''s attitude to older people
  • being refused a referral from a doctor to a consultant because you are ‘too old’
  • being refused membership to a club or trade association because of your age.
  • being photographed at NCFC AGM
  • being refused a 3 year contract when you are the best player at the club because you are 31

[quote user="ricardo"]So did I, lovely motor, Snowberry white.[/quote]A little know fact is that Moses owned the first motorbike in the Middle East

his triumph could be heard throughout the land