Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Would you Gamble with the Play off's only 11 points away and Sack Farke ??

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If you say the play offs are only 11 points away please take note that the bottom three is only 8 points away.[/quote]At this stage of the season anything is still possible. We are neither sleepwalking to relegation or competing for the top six, we are simply going through a rough patch.  Get through that and we will see what we are capable of this season.

This rough patch as you describe it Lakey has seen us score 18 goals in 20 games which will only get you at one end of the league table and please take into account a striker is not a priority come January.

I''m finding it a tricky one at present - I''m behind the change in structure because something needed to be done to ensure that we remained a viable entity, drastically cutting costs whilst attempting to be competitive in this league. It will need time to work, but obviously there are no guarantees that it will.

However, as a season ticket holder I''m currently struggling to see many positives in how we play. At present it''s incredibly turgid and ponderous fayre and if there is a ''vision'' for how we hope to play we must be long long way from executing it successfully.

I want to be patient on one hand, but on the other, going to games at Carrow Road is turning into a real chore right now - and if it''s still this way when season ticket renewal time comes around there''s a decision to be made.

i Knew when i posted it was a toughone to answer a mixed bag of answers

my thinking is nothing is guaranteed either a new manager replacing Farke / webber or keeping those two

i think one thing we have seen i very much doubt W/F will get us anywhere near play offs with what we have seen so far a new manager just might

can we afford to wait for W/F to come good as that might well never happen

in my eyes we have one last shot at getting up this season and that is with someone else before the money that is very tight now gets even worse

that is my reason to roll the dice easy to say i know with nothing guaranteed either way but for Farke to turn this into a winning team this season is hard to see

I too am a little torn. I think Farke has the makings of a decent coach and has certainly shown more ability to influence games tactically than Neil ever did. I do think that given time he will get the team playing more consistently.

But 2 things worry me. The first is that we haven;t got time so that by the time Farke gets a real grip on the team and championship football the quality at his disposal will have reduced to such an extent that any improvement on his part may be negated.

The other issue/doubt that I can;t shake is our lack of goals. Our goalscoring stats are pathetic for a team with the quality attacking players we have. last season we scored for fun. its really quite an achievement to have us scoring so few goals with pretty much the same attacking players and even during the good run we had we were just pinching a goal in away games and then hanging on whilst we were still failing to beat mediocre sides at home. That for me is a real worry because if we continue scoring at this rate we could very easily get dragged towards the bottom 3.

in conclusion therefore I just don''t know what to do about Farke and i''m conflicted because whilst i can see some sense in the strategy we are trying to implement i am alsop angry because i think we are doing it at the wrong time and in part for the wrong reasons (the self preservation of our board/to help the owners resist having to sell the club).

A rough patch?

18 goals in 20 league games.

Only scored more than once in the league 2 times this season.

No home win for 3 months.

Only 2 home wins all season.

No money to improve the squad in the transfer window.

A rough patch? Really?

Don''t forget that one of the two games we managed to score more than once we ended up on the end of a 4-2 defeat.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Don''t forget that one of the two games we managed to score more than once we ended up on the end of a 4-2 defeat.[/quote]I stand corrected we have scored two goals three times, QPR at home plus Reading and Villa away.

We are just one win away from the uptick. Confidence is our missing ingredient. I don''t expect promotion but I do think we will end the season comfortably and with 2 or 3 youngsters blooded.

I wouldn''t be a gamble either way in reality.

If we were to sack him, and so often I am told that I am a dinosaur and modern football is different, and the it wouldn''t be unusual for a coach with his current record to go, then I doubt any replacement could do much worse, judging by our current run and performances, given the bulk of our squad.

But if the powers that be believe that this is just a hiccup on the way to a big change and hopefully new successful era, then you have to give him time, certainly the next two windows.

We are told that we are virtually broke so spending will be limited next month. I hope we don''t go down the route of cheap continentals. I would like to see us chase a few lower league players who might fit our system.

@LDC

This reminds me a bit of how it was with Hughton and Neil. People constantly harking back to one good run (Hughton and his 10 game winning streak, Neil and his first few months in the job) and refusing to see that this was exception rather than the poor results.

I''ve this is a rough patch then it is Farke''s second rough patch in less than half a season. Quite impressive in some ways.