Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Would you Gamble with the Play off's only 11 points away and Sack Farke ??

Would you Gamble with the Play off''s only 11 points away and Sack Farke ??

i was thinking remember when Alex neil came in with that terrific run of results

with the play offs 11 points away would you if you owned the club Gamble if you knew a replacement might and a big might still have a chance of getting you to the play offs ??

i very much doubt Farke can turn the team around let alone get us on a run that will get us even close looking to play offs

in fact it is looking like he might even take us down

so would you take it as it could be your last chance for a while ?

easy to say as i do not have to pay anyone off but i would take that last chance Gamble

The problem is that under this setup no manager that has any experience at this level will come here. So if we sack him we will be taking a gamble on another unknown. If Webber is as much as a one trick pony as he seems then lump on Dortmund’s u23 manager!! I think we’ve no choice than to see this through with Farke and hope it comes good

Hasn’t even Farke already demonstrated he can take us on an extensive unbeaten run?!?

There are no guarantees with any manager so for now I feel we should see him and the team as long term project.

Farke is the right man and his ideology is sound, keep ball is the way forward, we just need the players who can execute the fast break, put the ball in the net and stop the defensive blunders.......9 game run shows it’s doable.

I’m not so convinced by Webber and his pre excuses at the AGM, thought he would be more classy than his rubbish spouted. He new we spent the money before he came here.

The Manager like Neil before him has no idea of t=his best team, his use of subs is another story

Seems like he dare not replace Olivera however bad he is preforming or as of late non-performing

Well said Indy.

I''m fed up of fans wanting a manager out as soon the going gets a little rough. Farke was rightly praised to the hilt during the unbeaten run and that period shows he is capable of putting together a successful team and season.

This season was always going to be one of transition. Some (including myself) got a little carried away with how well things were going and have been thrown a massive reality check. The finished article is far from near but the signs are positive imo and we should stick with Farke and the German revolution!

[quote user="GJP"]The signs aren''t that positive.

They are, at best, mixed.[/quote]

In your opinion. I''m obviously seeing something different to you.

Looking at it 2 from 21 points is dire, but its only a couple wins from being Ok.

The basic premise is right and Farke is a decent coach, hopefully with connections which might see us loan a couple decent foreign players to suit his system.

Like others I like the step change and the one thing this board has done right in my opinion, just a shame its being done on a shoestring budget.

Stick with it and we’ll be ok, I don’t think we’ll be top six any season soon, but hopefully be holding our own in the division until we get some decent investment or keep hold of a few decent players through our academy.

It’s no time to mess around again, not this year.

We''ve had a major overhaul in the coaching side over the summer. My expectations were for more of a struggle with less sign of an identity in the way we play. What we''ve got (after an initial rethink during the first international break) is a way of playing that is very different from recent seasons but looks like it can be successful long term...with the right personnel.

Farke was always going to need time and it''s no surprise that a large portion of city fans don''t want to give it to him.

The results, undoubtedly are mixed but that''s not what I originally said. In my opinion, the signs are positive.

Fiery Zac wrote the following post at 2017-12-03 11:56 PM:

No.

Farke will (and rightly so) be given time.

But will he? Without doubt if this run continues into the New Year, with the club contemplating sending out season ticket renewals as they do in January, and with a very needed and probable price rise imo, then if supporters over the next few weeks vote with their feet, as I think they will, and also Dom not take up the early season ticket renewal, then I see a change being made!

I’m not saying that would be right, but I see it happening. Farke and Webber are in great need of a few wins!

Eh??....I think you''re looking in the wrong direction

..we''re 8?. points from the relegation zone and this will only become smaller in the coming weeks.

The question is can we afford to gamble our championship status??

Hull City have tonight realised their mistake and can''t afford to take the chance and have acted accordingly

I confidently predict that we will (very) soon go on an unstoppable run. Our players will give up, not expect to win, stop worrying about not scoring (e.g. Josh''s open goal v PNE), start scoring, & winning.

Confidence, confidence, confidence.

Lack of goals and attacking intent combined with a mixed bag defensively....

Hard to know how people can take many positives from it.

I''m sure Farke would like it to be better. But doesn''t mean he can make it better. It''s not as if he''s got a proven track record at this kind of level. There''s nothing substantial you can really look at and say "He''ll turn this around".

But we ***hope*** that he will.

No, because as somebody has already said, we would not easily get a manager in willing to work under this structure.

For example, Irvine took over Neil’s squad and got them playing well. We looked a good team despite it being the same players that disappeared under Neil. But even he said he had no interest in working under Webber.

So who would we realistically replace Farke with? It would be another Farke/Wagner unheard of coach, with no guarantees he could be better than Farke

Speaking of irvine. ..wasn''t he supposed to have gone to West Ham? ?

....don''t think I''ve seen him in the dugout with moyes as yet as I have Pearce and mckinlay....can we have him back here please to sort this mess out ??

AN didn''t have a proven track record, neither did Lambert. City fans of all fans should know not to go looking for managers with proven track records as the answer.

Forget Farkes track record, it''s what he''s trying to do with our squad that matters and, as I''ve said, from what I''ve seen there are positives.

You don''t see it, I get it. I may be wrong. But I don''t want to just give up on another manager when the going gets rough. Promise has been shown and we shouldn''t just throw it away.

Having torn it up and started again in the summer following a tragic season of disappointment, it now seems that the disappointments of last season weren’t actually that bad and that we were probably over-reacting. With the benefit of hindsight, it seems like we now quite liked what we had last season and would now have settled for, you know, just a little tweak and the appointment of Irvine that we’d have derided as being the cheap option at the time. In other hindsight news, we should have foregone one (probably both in fairness) of Hooper and Van Wolfswinkel and developed Colney, not bothered taking a punt in that January transfer window and what’s bad now is mainly down to David McNally.

All of which means that we have absolutely no choice but to stick with it. We can’t afford to sack/pay off/replace the management and coaching team, nor can we afford to ship out and replace his players. In turn, that means that we can’t abandon his style of play or the ethos that he has instilled.

What this means is that unlike Worthington, Hughton, Adams, Roeder, Gunn, Grant and Neil, Farke is in for a pretty easy ride as it dawns that all of our eggs are in his German basket.

What this means is that the perennial sack the manager brigade are going to have to find another target for their bloodlust.

What this means is that Delia better have ear defenders at the top of her Christmas list.

Well said Ron. I believe another run is on the cards. And it must now start with getting Carrow Rd games.

Farke needs to address attack though. Interestingly, I read tonight that Guardiola is to play 4 strikers when away teams come and sit deep. Yes, I know he can say that with the riches in their team. Its the idea that appeals. Its one of intent.

So many times we have not joined up midfield with attack this season. Perhaps we can perm 2 attacking mids with two complementary strikers (not Jerome and Oliveira but one of them with another....Abrahams?).

No ....it wasn''t ALL bad last season......we scored 85 goals the joint highest in the league....it all can''t surely be solely down to Jacob Murphy leaving as to why we suddenly can''t score goals.

No it funny need the overhaul we''ve had....we needed a couple of better defenders....Hanleys an upgrade....and someone with an idea how to coach them.

We''ve fully thrown the baby out with the bath water

The last two home games we were lucky to draw against modest opposition. The body language of many of the players had relegation candidates and lack of conviction written all over them easy to spot we have seen it several times before. For what its worth I think this board will keep the current set up and we will survive by a narrow margin. They will then be both sacked midway through next season as we seriously struggle with the quality players departed and attendances down to 22000 to 24000 not an exodus but maybe 10% of ST holders calling it a day

If you say the play offs are only 11 points away please take note that the bottom three is only 8 points away.