Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Rome was not built in a day.

Giving a manager time these days is rare.But we must get behind the manager as he has only been here for a short time.Yes the squad is not a top six squad but can keep us in this league with some additional players in Jan.it may take 2or 3 seasons to sort it out as the club has less revenue coming in.Rome took a long time to build,Norwich will too.

Agree with the sentiments........but we are in a much worse financial position than we have been for a while, and it is only going to get worse next season. Should the unthinkable happen and we slip into League 1 (again), how likely do you think it is that we would come straight back up?........

“They say Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I wasn’t on that particular job.”

Sorry - couldn’t resist the chance to throw in the old Brian Clough quote.

".Yes the squad is not a top six squad but can keep us in this league with some additional players in Jan."So are you saying we need additional players in January to stay up ? Surely not and even if you are we are completely skint and told a striker for a team that has scored only 18 goals in 20 League games is not a priority.

But why do we have to be the club that is an academy for managers to learn there trade. I bet Rome was built with skilled laborers.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Agree with the sentiments........but we are in a much worse financial position than we have been for a while, and it is only going to get worse next season. Should the unthinkable happen and we slip into League 1 (again), how likely do you think it is that we would come straight back up?........[/quote]

Very likely

[quote user="dibbler"]But why do we have to be the club that is an academy for managers to learn there trade. I bet Rome was built with skilled laborers.[/quote]It was built by slaves.

["mr footy"]Giving a manager time these days is rare.But we must get behind the manager as he has only been here for a short time.Yes the squad is not a top six squad but can keep us in this league with some additional players in Jan.it may take 2or 3 seasons to sort it out as the club has less revenue coming in.Rome took a long time to build,Norwich will too.

Agree but the current tactical ineptness, complete lack of shape, weak midfield not helped by injuries and our very inexperienced Head coaches belief that sideways and backwards passing with no penetration is the answer is a recipe for relegation! Yes its good to have a long term strategy but you have to be realistic in the short term! - We are c rap at present and sleep walking to League 1!

Yes we weren''t dealt a good hand by bad ref decisions at Cardiff but we applied next to no pressure on the Cardiff goal making it oh so easy to play against!

Our last two home games have been against poor opposition that should have beat us!

The team is very poor at present and most of that comes down to the tactical ineptness of the Coach!

[quote user="mr footy"]it may take 2or 3 seasons to sort it out [/quote]Not in a million years will Farke get anywhere near to having "2 or 3 seasons to sort it out". He''ll probably be lucky to get 2 or 3 months and it wouldn''t be a shock if he only gets 2 or 3 weeks.Things need to improve dramatically and rapidly.

Sadly there will be a few voices that what a change of manager already,thankfully the majority are realistic about the coming seasons ahead.To some we should be in the top two with this squad which is unrealistic. Maybe in 3 or 4 seasons time we can challenge for the top spot,yes it may take that long as the club has made big changes.

I like the obviously false claim that some would be happy to give more time if we had an experienced manager in charge. Since when has that been the case? History suggest experienced managers are given even less time to get it right because the expectation is automatically higher.

[quote user="mr footy"]Sadly there will be a few voices that what a change of manager already,thankfully the majority are realistic about the coming seasons ahead.To some we should be in the top two with this squad which is unrealistic. Maybe in 3 or 4 seasons time we can challenge for the top spot,yes it may take that long as the club has made big changes.[/quote]

In 3 or 4 seasons we may well challenge for top spot but not in this League, it will be League 1 at the current rate!

If it takes two or three years to get a team playing the style of football you want in an effective way then football management isn''t for you.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I totally agree if we had a credible experienced manager at this level eg Warnock , Steve Bruce or dare i say it even the Ipswich boss but we have a nobody[/quote]

Between Sep 9 and Oct 22 we had a 9 game unbeaten run including wins away at Shef Utd, Middlesborough, Reading and Ipswich. I don''t think that is too bad for a head coach whose experience at this level started on 5 Aug. I believe the Ipswich boss is one of the longest serving managers in the Championship, which might explain why they are still playing at that level.

I think Webber will sack him early in the new year if results don''t pick up. I think the board would have reluctantly settled for mid table had we been playing better and getting a win every 2/3 games, but a downward spiral and a real threat of relegation is a just too risky option.