Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Best 11 to get out of this mess...

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Raggott Husband

Tettey Trybull

Wildshut Pritchard Watkins

Jerome

Ideally new left back in Jan. I’d also like to bring in an experienced goalkeeper too. Gunn has done well, but when the chips are down his lack of experience shows.

Maddison to rotate with Trybull depend on in opposition, and Murphy to be used as impact sub for the foreseeable. Oliveria I don’t know what to do with....

A nice balanced 11, with some steel, work rate, creativity and pace.

There you go, my attempt at some positivity.

I''d like to see us go back to the back three.

Gunn

Hanley, Klose, Zimmerman

Pinto, Tettey, Trybull, Husband

Maddison, Pritchard

Nelson

If we want to attack more you bring in Yanic for one of the wing backs and maybe Vrancic for Trybull.

I feel even with injuries and departures we easily have the players to be mid table at least it is the tactics and how they are being deployed and energised. For goodness sake Lambert got a squad promoted with a less talented group than we currently have

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I feel even with injuries and departures we easily have the players to be mid table at least it is the tactics and how they are being deployed and energised. For goodness sake Lambert got a squad promoted with a less talented group than we currently have[/quote]

Dissagree with the first bit. Injuries have had a big impact and our squad isn’t good enough to cope.

It’s the only genuine excuse Farke has.

Can Pritchard, Tettey and Trybull all start next week?

Tetty and Tryball coming back has to happen sooner rather than later!

Giving Wildshut a proper run on the right wing as well!

Wildschut featured quite a bit in the good run but has hardly been seen in the bad run.

Pretty sure he started the last time we won.

Agree the wildschut should start, at least he moves the ball forwards and is less lightweight than the usual suspects.

[quote user="daisy"]Why would Raggett be the answer, hasn`t even played for us yet?[/quote]

He’s a big player for lincoln, and a major reason in there recent success.

When he doesn’t play, lincoln have issues defensively. From what I’ve seen he’ll make the step up. He’s old school, loves to defend, can pass and reads the game very well. More suited to this league than Klose IMO.

[quote user="Making Plans"]GunnPinto, Hanley, Klose, Stiepermann,Tettey, TrybullHoolahan, Maddison, PritchardWildschut[/quote]

Hoolahan, Pritchard and Maddison is too much flair and creativity and not enough power and pace.

Wildshut upfront? No chance that will happen, neither should it IMO. Wildshut operates better with space in front of him to run into, pushing him upfront would limit this space.

I get the system Farke is trying, Parma no doubt can explain it as it should be, but I see it like Liverpool, keep the ball and break when the chance presents itself. Unfortunately we don’t have the players to hit that final third with the pace required.

We do have great players in Pritchard, Maddison and Wes who on their day can unlock any defence, just the chances we are creating haven’t been converted.

I’m not sure we have the funds to buy better than we have, but I’d like to see Fonkeu given a chance.

Watkins runs around a lot but with absolutely no end product. Not a striker as doesn''t score or hold the ball up and isn''t a winger as isn''t particularly quick or good with the ball at his feet.

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Klose Stiepermann

Tettey Trybull

Wildschut Maddison Murphy

Oliveira

Stiepermann needs to be told what position he''s playing in and then stick to it but when he does he''s a good player. Tettey and Trybull for the muscle, protection (tettey) and nippy closing down (Trybull).

Wildschut is a bit of a headless chicken at times but with him and Murphy on the wings, give them the ball and tell them to run at defences, with Oliveria IN THE BOX!

Let''s enjoy Maddison while he''s still here, play him all the time.

Oliveira has gone off the boil, needs to be told to stop playing in midfield, stop trying to flick on every pass that comes his way and just get in the box and wait for the ball to come to him.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]You won’t have to put up with Oliveira much longer. Be careful what you wish for.

Parma[/quote]Do you know what is wrong with him.Is it as simple as a personality clash with Farke?We all know he has great potential but currently I wouldn''t be too upset if he goes. Completely opposite to how I felt a few months back.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"] For goodness sake Lambert got a squad promoted with a less talented group than we currently have[/quote]That''s probably true but he did it in a Championship which in general had a lot less talent than now. I don''t think it very likely that he could get that squad (or the current squad) promoted this year.

Parma Ham''s gone mouldy wrote the following post at 03/12/2017 8:34 PM:

You won’t have to put up with Oliveira much longer. Be careful what you wish for.

Not a team player.

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]You won’t have to put up with Oliveira much longer. Be careful what you wish for.

Parma[/quote]Do you know what is wrong with him.Is it as simple as a personality clash with Farke?We all know he has great potential but currently I wouldn''t be too upset if he goes. Completely opposite to how I felt a few months back.[/quote]Me too, I would prefer to keep him given our striker shortage but if we have to sell someone in Jan he''d be my first choice. We have quite a few players who look to have a lot of potential but I''d rather take a chance on the youngsters who are still developing. Whereas Nelson should be in his prime now, he''s been in English football long enough but still he''s not making any sort of case to say he''s the 20 goals a season striker we need, and unlike Jerome when Nelson''s not scoring he contributes nothing at all to the team.

[Y] If he''s a hindrance to the team and his attitude is affecting the other players, especially the younger ones, then we need to look for a replacement, sadly.

[quote user="ron obvious"]???

Are you ITK Parma?[/quote]

I doubt it. If it was a given that he’s leaving in January and that’s why his heads not in it, then he’d not be starting games.

Unless of course Farke is under instruction by Webber to keep him in the shop window... but still that would be counter productive with such terrible performances.

Having said that, he’ll have to be gone in the summer.

No big insight to say that Olivera will soon be gone, you don''t have to be in the know or write Masterclasses to work that out. Afraid he won''t be the only one come the summer either.

It''s going to be a long struggle for a while but part and parcel of supporting.

True, I have the same ''insight'' myself, but I would only say it if I knew something definite. I believe Parma has the same attitude.