Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Let's get something straight.

Somewhere on here yesterday i am positive i read about hate fuelled posts and/or threads. It was in reference to Delia.

Really?

Would that be about a post in 2008? Or something more recent?

You probably shouldn''t pay much regard to Bindy. He has a vivid imagination as can be seen on the Bowkett thread....

So let me get this right...

I think Delias time is up. I think she has taken us as far as she can go & the state of the Championship currently means we financially cannot compete with 10-15 teams for promotion, and the state of the squad means we may go down before we go up. I also dont like the idea of the club being gifted to somebody who does not have any experience of running a club and has no finance to put into it.

However, that doesn''t mean I think she is bad, or should be hounded out, and I''m grateful for all the good times we have had under her stewardship.

Does that make me full of hate? Or is my opinion not allowed because I spoke out against Delia?

West coast, so I’m not allowed to air my opinions of how I dislike the owners on a forum?

I’m not a shareholder so can’t attend the AGM, if I wore anti owner stuff at a game I’d probably be ejected as I would if I held up a banner, so what else am I to do? Sit on my backside and just accept what I see? Sorry but I won’t do that, and in the words of a poster on a thread that got pulled yesterday, which was about the owners, if you don’t like it don’t open the thread!

I hope that helps 😃

Sorry bogboy, but you’re right about the Naismith comments, to which I’ve apologised.

As for my view on Delia it’s never been hate fuelled but I’ve got no great love for her and her leadership.

But carry on.

I think you should be more careful who you listen to Rogue. Unless I''ve missed something the only reference to hate I''m aware of is a hate fuelled post in 2008.

If someone has suggested you''re full of hate then please quote it. Or have you been duped by Tilly and Bindy.

My personal favorite is this...

''The debate about whether or not they are correct about the club''s best interests has been gone over ad nauseam to the point where it is, quite frankly boring, as is the repetitive wumming on here by the likes of lincoln, the incessant sniping at the board by the likes of Highland and Baldy, and the unceasing negativity of the likes of Dean Coney''s Boots, Making Plans, Mello Yellow and others. Posts on here have zero leverage on the fortunes of the club, but entirely determine the worthwhileness of contributing to this board. As far as I''m concerned, the worthwhileness is rapidly diminishing. ''

Which basically translates to ''I dont like it when people post stuff I dont agree with and if it carries on I will post about how I won''t come to this website anymore''

If people cannot put up with differences of opinion they really shouldn''t be on any form of social media. After all, is that not the entire purpose of this message board?...

This thread is too long to read while at work, flitting between my Outlook and browser in a vain attempt to look like I''m doing some actual work and not on a forum.Can anyone give me the TLDR summary? (Should be fun...)

@Rogue Baboon
Are you really unable to distinguish between a complaint about opinions I don''t agree with and a complaint about the boring repetition of such opinions ad nauseam whether in context or not to the detriment of this discussion forum?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]West coast, so I’m not allowed to air my opinions of how I dislike the owners on a forum?

I’m not a shareholder so can’t attend the AGM, if I wore anti owner stuff at a game I’d probably be ejected as I would if I held up a banner, so what else am I to do? Sit on my backside and just accept what I see? Sorry but I won’t do that, and in the words of a poster on a thread that got pulled yesterday, which was about the owners, if you don’t like it don’t open the thread!

I hope that helps 😃[/quote]It would help if you actually read what I wrote. I have no objection to people expressing their opinions; my complaint was about the incessant repetition, over and over again to no real purpose, of the same opinions by certain posters on virtually every thread. 

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]So it''s Lakey vs Nutty Nigel in the 2017 Forelock Final ''tug off.''

Lakey is a relative newcomer but has boyish passion on his side whereas the experienced Nigel has years of seeing off pretenders vying for his crown.

It is going to be close but my money is on Nigel to edge it in the ''Obsequious'' category and thus win on a narrow points decision.

May the best Yes-man win![/quote]So without casting aspersions at others, explain what you think should happen and how it should be arranged. Take part in the debate - if what you say in sensible, you might win a few people over to your view.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]West coast, so I’m not allowed to air my opinions of how I dislike the owners on a forum?

I hope that helps 😃[/quote]To be fair though Baldy, you are not doing anything are you? You are just sitting on your backside and moaning. It''s your right to do so, but you''ve not written anything persuasive about a way forwards, except that you''d like Father Christmas to take over the club and want nothing in return.

There appears to have been a thread deleted from last night, this hate stuff may have been on there.

Pathetic isn''t it.

As far as I''m aware it was on the chase v Delia thread. And it was put there by Bindy. Tilly must know.

What was on the deleted thread Winky?

That''s why I don''t like deleted threads. If it was left or locked people like you couldn''t reinvent the content. Unless you can think of a single post I made that needed removing?

Badger, what shall I do then? Ask the bank for a loan or maybe you have the address for this Father Christmas fella I’m supposed to have mentioned? Maybe I could sit up on the 24th and wait for him to come down the chimney and try and persuade him to buy us? Mind you I’d have to get a chimney installed by then 😂🎅🎅

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Badger, what shall I do then? Ask the bank for a loan or maybe you have the address for this Father Christmas fella I’m supposed to have mentioned? Maybe I could sit up on the 24th and wait for him to come down the chimney and try and persuade him to buy us? Mind you I’d have to get a chimney installed by then 😂🎅🎅[/quote][:D]I don''t think that there is anything you can do Baldy tbh.  You''re faced with the choice of getting on board and making the most of it; abandoning ship or moaning and making yourself miserable.Few of us wants to be a mid-lower championship team, but that''s where we are atm. IMO it''s best to seize the positives wherever you can find them - the chance to see an exciting talent develop (Madison); seizing the chance to see Wes before the year''s finally catch up  with him - etc etc. There''s still plenty to enjoy (although the home form and goal count has been very frustrating!).Ultimately, you can chose to be cheerful and positive or to be depressed and negative - neither will make much difference to our success on the field - but the former might make you, and the fans around you, a bit happier! (It might also help with some of the younger player''s confidence too, if adopted by others - not just you individually [:)]).

I gather LDC is still trying to work out how to use a spirit level?

Badger, I will carry on going in the hope of an upturn, sadly on the evidence I have seen this season I think, as do many others, that we are now into a period of struggle due mainly to the owners lack of wealth and their reluctance for outside investment. I hope things will turn but without said investment I fear it won’t!

Sadly, it isn’t just City, it is a horrid indictment that football is no longer a working mans game, it’s now a rich mans sport and even more alarmingly for me is the actual amount of power players now have.

Rest assured that at 17.30 on Saturday, I will be in my seat hopefully seeing the start of an upturn in our fortunes

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]This whole thread was designed to get people arguing, hence the provocative title and condescending op.[/quote]It''s a forum and people have discussed the topic. Get over it.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Badger, I will carry on going in the hope of an upturn, sadly on the evidence I have seen this season I think, as do many others, that we are now into a period of struggle due mainly to the owners lack of wealth and their reluctance for outside investment. I hope things will turn but without said investment I fear it won’t!

Sadly, it isn’t just City, it is a horrid indictment that football is no longer a working mans game, it’s now a rich mans sport and even more alarmingly for me is the actual amount of power players now have.

Rest assured that at 17.30 on Saturday, I will be in my seat hopefully seeing the start of an upturn in our fortunes[/quote]Good honest post, Baldy. Pretty much sums up how I feel too. I''ve generally been supportive of Delia and Michael on balance, but that interview in the Times really concerned me. I''ve always felt we should be careful what we wish for and not dive into a ''boom or bust'' investment strategy, but we''re now approaching a tipping point where not countenancing any new investment could leave us so far behind that we genuinely struggle to stay in the top two tiers. Until the Premier League bubble bursts (and it will one day) we are becoming increasingly poorer, and simply palming off the shares on a nephew doesn''t strike me as bulletproof succession planning for the club. Sooner or later we will need a helping hand, but in the meantime the Webber/Farke structure is about the best we can hope for.

It was enlightening to read the OP and to learn how people like to pass their assets on to family members. None of us had realised this. It was also interesting to read that this action, in relation to DS/MWJ and TS, would serve to "protect" the asset. Has the asset been holding its value these past two or three years and will Tom be able to continue to protect its worth?

Seems to me that a well-timed exit would have been of benefit to all concerned. Money into the club for future development and cash into the Smith family for Tom''s inheritance.

Just maybe, Delia''s past refusals to consider sale/external investment were in fact, part of a David Davies style negotiating tactic and she is hell-bent on getting rid after all.