Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Season Tickets 2018/9 - stick or bust

If this turgid crap continues and there’s even a small increase there is going to be some serious decision making to come. I’ve had a season ticket since 1962 and for the first time I wonder if I’m going to carry on. I don’t mind losing if there is a bit of effort, a bit of enjoyment, a bit of exitement but there’s nothing, absolutely nothing happening out there. How would messrs Curran, MacDougal, Drinkell, Sutton, Holt etc etc fair with no service ?

are you forgetting the Roeder years, that has got to be when it was at its worst, if you didn''t sack off your season ticket then, can''t see how you would do it now.

I am thinking very hard about whether to not renew for the first time in over 20 years.

If they even think about trying to put the prices up then they will lose thousands of ST holders.

I genuinely think the future outlook is almost as bleak as the Roeder years. We are not going to challenge for promotion any time soon, our best players will leave to be replaced by cheaper players, the club is budgeted to survive the Championship - what happens if we get relegated?

I know at least 3 close fiends that are not renewing, and each one is down to the cost and the value for money.

As for me, going to football is about more than just football, it still is time with my dad - but for the first time I am seriously considering what to do, especially if they even consider increasing prices

My 3 year season ticket runs out in May 2019 so the decision is 18 months away. Who knows where we will be by them.

If the Club wants to raise revenue then they should freeze ST prices; introduce a new concession up to 30 years old for the hard pressed Millennials and pay for it by removing the OAP concession so the retired pay full price.

Why? While the rest of society have had years of austerity the elderly have carried on with the kind of triple lock increases everyone else can only dream of. The current batch of females got their pension at 60 instead of the new 66 and 67 qualifying ages and they pay no NI and very little tax except for council tax on homes they could downsize from having bought them for 3.5 - 4k in the 1960/70''s.

As it is, a sizeable number sit in the City Stand lounges with no concessions which proves they can well afford it.

There is no concessions Rudolph for OAP''s in both the South and City Stands centre blocks. I pay full whack.

Anyone who thinks the triple lock of 2.5% of the retirement pension is good should think again. Unless pensioners have an occupational pension many live very frugally.

I''m not renewing. It isn''t to do with the club or the position but a change in personal circumstances. However I can''t claim the club has made it a particularly tough decision.

What you pay per game

Season ticket holder 1st renewal - £22.19

New season ticket holder - £25.91

Member - £24.22 (includes membership cost pro-rata per game)

Non Member - £25

In all seriousness, people have been banging on about “not renewing” for years now, despite it being the most successful period in the previous 20 odd years. Then, miraculously, they somehow renew by accident or something and then it starts all over again.

Perhaps if people go through with it this time we could end up with a rejuvenated crowd and atmosphere?

By that, I don’t mean that the folk who have decided that they have better things to spend their money on are lesser fans. It’s just that they’re clearly not enjoying it and perhaps their abject misery infects those around them. If they stop going along with the inevitable Premier League tourists that we’ve acquired, we could see them replaced by an influx of new and excited fans. In turn this could kick start the atmosphere and lift the mood.

Of course, I suppose there is a danger that the outgoing fans won’t be relaxed at all but even then, the absence of miserablists is hardly going to have a negative impact on the atmosphere and the reduced numbers will also make it easier to get served at the bar at half time.

👍👍

For as long as the missus says yes, I will be there.

Ups, downs, promotions, relegations, I still love it and know how much I would regret it if I ever stopped going.

Rudolph

Not sure whether to renew or not being one of your old age fogies who Mr McNally took my concession away even though I sit 2 yards away from more old fogies who pay almost half my rate.

Probably will not bother to renew to watch the crap of these overpaid over-rated so called football stars as I normally, through all the money my wife and I receive from the government with our pension and heating allowance will do 4 or 5 cruises to the Med through the winter.

Oh to be old

7PM and off to bed

Thanks for replies guys. It breaks my heart that this decision may have to be made, I love my Saturdays at CR but at the moment they haven’t given me any incentive to renew. Hopefully this will change !

My youngest will be over 18 this time round and his cost goes from £100ish to £500ish even though he is still in full-time education.

I''m afraid I won''t be renewing his unless a concession is introduced.

I think the reality is 95% will renew regardless of the style of football, due to nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon, its become more of a social/routine occasion, and there will always be others who will take their place, the only thing that may stop that is a big price hike, thought can''t see how the club would do it, it''s already the most expensive in the Championship.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]But fewer people going means less money to run the club with.[/quote]

BTW - the above is a reply to Duncan E.''s post at the foot of page 1 of this thread.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Well you reckon we’ll be in League One so we won’t need as much will we?[/quote]

Every penny counts whatever division we are in.

I cannot contemplate not renewing even though I do not like the direction the club is going. There are two choices you either bin the club or you hang in there even when the going is hard

Just read all the postings on my thread, it seems there are a lot of you feeling line mee. Next two months form will swing it either way.