Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Gunn or Gunn

I have been immensely ''pleased'' with Angus.He certainly has an experienced head on his shoulders and looks far more commanding than most keepers of his age,At the moment I would rate him higher than his dad, which says something

???????????Bryan is one of the best keepers to have ever pulled on a City shirt, he played nearly 400 games for us, was a former international who only failed to win more caps because he was in his peak at the same time as Goram and Leighton, he was a key member of the team that finished 3rd and his absence was one of the main reasons why we failed to reach our first ever FA Cup final in 1992.Angus on the other hand has played about 15-20 odd games for us and hasn''t achieved anything in the game yet. Come back in 10 years time.

At the moment I would certainly say he has the potential to be better than his dad, but potential is just that. He has all the attributes to be a top international keeper, but he has a long way to go yet. I would be highly surprised if he doesn''t end up as a Premier League keeper and in contention for the England squad.

Can''t begin to fathom how anyone can choose Angus over his Dad, potential or not.

His Dad''s an absolute legend, as a City keeper.

Also Angus has never played in the Premier League.

I get he has potential but to say he''s better than his dad after 20 odd games of Championship football is madness.

OP you deserve both barrells for me, son of a Gunn has a way to go, Ole man Gunny is a true legend that not  even his horrific misfire period as manager can diminish IMO. So its Gunn ahead of Gunn for me.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]OP you deserve both barrells for me, son of a Gunn has a way to go, Ole man Gunny is a true legend that not  even his horrific misfire period as manager can diminish IMO. So its Gunn ahead of Gunn for me.[/quote]I am not asking about legendary status etcMerely who is the better keeper as it standsPersonally I think Angus is

@ RhubarbI am not asking about legendary status etcMerely who is the better keeper as it standsPersonally I think Angus isI really like Angus and believe he will be a top keeper, still has a way to go, rumour is Stoke are interested in him and are monitoring his progress after some talks with Man City, so Angus may well go and become an even better keeper than Bryan, unfortunately not with us, but then we know that anyway.

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]OP you deserve both barrells for me, son of a Gunn has a way to go, Ole man Gunny is a true legend that not  even his horrific misfire period as manager can diminish IMO. So its Gunn ahead of Gunn for me.[/quote]I am not asking about legendary status etcMerely who is the better keeper as it standsPersonally I think Angus is[/quote]

Well, ''as it stands'', Bryan is approaching his 54th birthday so I think it''s fair to say that Angus is a better keeper than his dad is now.

But Angus is not yet as good as his dad was in his prime at Norwich. Then again, Angus hasn''t yet reached the age that his dad was when he joined us, so I doubt that any of us on here can compare what Bryan was like at that age.