Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Abrahams

I would i believe if your senior pros are not in form you should go down the ranks until you find someone who might take the chance

i also think its what they do in the 1st team that matters give him a chance it has worked before

it is one thing that annoys me playing oliveria jerome when they are so out of form

I like the thought process but it''s not as if the current regime aren''t into giving youth a go. With this in mind, I can only presume that Abraham isn''t quite up to it yet, in their professional opinion. However, I do think we''ll see him in the squad before the season is out.

I find it strange how our philosophy from now on is going to be to bring through the academy players, however Farke always uses the excuse of how ''it is normal for young players'' form to fluctuate'', when we lose. Does that mean that we will forever be producing mixed performances?

Regarding Abraham, he probably would''ve played a part by now if we didn''t have so many young players already playing. It was a bit of a shame that he didn''t even get on the bench when NO was injured though...

How old is Abrahams.

Part of me thinks it''s never to early to blood youngsters, as it''s highly unlikely they''d get a long run in the team (unless they''re playing great and they deserve it)

I always think you play your in form and hungry players, and for me some of the experienced players just aren''t performing.

You can only try them, even bring him on for 15-20mins here and there to see if he can make an impact. It''s all good experience, and kicks those who aren''t performing up the proverbial

He turns 19 later this month. We can''t score goals at the moment, Oliveira looks totally uninterested and Jerome is well off form. I don''t rate Watkins at all either. What have we got to lose by sticking Abrahams on the bench and giving him 20 minutes? If the established players are not contributing then what''s the point of the youth setup if not for situations like this?

Stick the poor lad upfront, never get a decent ball to him will probably do more damage than good at the moment. Our current strikers are off form and i firmly believe a large part is because we are so pathetic in giving them anything decent whatsoever to work with. It''d be nice to see him get some time, but at least with a fighting chance of making an impact.

Totally agree. Really what is there to lose? Our current form is shocking, we''ll finish mid table at best, our current strikers are utterly useless. Just go for it. Other clubs seem to blood youngsters...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I would i believe if your senior pros are not in form you should go down the ranks until you find someone who might take the chance

i also think its what they do in the 1st team that matters give him a chance it has worked before

it is one thing that annoys me playing oliveria jerome when they are so out of form[/quote]Nope, no might can be considered.I think the coaching staff usually have a good idea, hence both Murphy''s getting another year out on loan and Maddison going almost straight into the first team. I''m not too sue Abrahams is quite up to the Ch yet.However I expect to see Jamal Lewis back on the bench soon if not in the team A cracking left back and one with a bit of pace.I think our lack of goals may ease when Farke finally drops this ''possession'' nonsense. Great (perhaps) if you are one up, but getting there is not easy if you are too frightened to take a risk (lose the ball) and almost impossible to get two if we go one down.

Everyone keeps saying Farke "gives youth a go" but he doesn''t really. He puts them on the bench occasionally but doesn''t bring them on. That''s not "giving them a go" in my book. We are not playing loads of youngsters every week.

I agree we have little to lose from actually giving them a few minutes in the pitch in some upcoming games.

Difficult one. We aren''t scoring goals because we are not making chances that may change with Pritchard back. Worth giving him a run as substitute though last 20 min etc. Playing him up front on his own at the moment in a losing side creating few chances would destroy any young player

Is young and I assume the coaches know how he fares against our more senior defenders to know what he is about.

But with Nelson far from his peak & Jerome still hampered by his injury I see little harm with him being on the bench.

Not sure I agree with the comment about this set up not wanting to trial youngsters tho. I suspect we may see Lewis before christmas.

[quote user="mastoola"]How old was Owen when he scored against Argentina. You never know if you don''t try.[/quote]err, maybe because he was already playing for LiverpoolHe did not get picked from ''no where'' to suddenly play international football - it was a progressionwhat is being suggested here