Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

All stand now !

Protest on Sat select a moment in the game to all stand in the Barclay can''t chuck us all out . Also if anybody wants a wee will they have to put their hand up and ask

You are of course right,they cannot chuck you all out but then again you may well be prevented from being in that area for the Brentford game if the SAG force closure.

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Protest on Sat select a moment in the game to all stand in the Barclay can''t chuck us all out . Also if anybody wants a wee will they have to put their hand up and ask[/quote]Us lot in the Jarrold haven''t time to go through all that palaver [:D]

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Protest on Sat select a moment in the game to all stand in the Barclay can''t chuck us all out . Also if anybody wants a wee will they have to put their hand up and ask[/quote]As I understand it standing is not permitted at Premiership and Championship football grounds. Whilst the club cannot eject all those that stand at a game the  authorities can close stands that do not comply with the regulations. It could happen that the FA or Health and Safety authorities outside of the club could decide to close the appropriate stand for a period of time if standing persists.

[quote user="ridgeman"][quote user="Yellowhammer"]Protest on Sat select a moment in the game to all stand in the Barclay can''t chuck us all out . Also if anybody wants a wee will they have to put their hand up and ask[/quote]As I understand it standing is not permitted at Premiership and Championship football grounds. Whilst the club cannot eject all those that stand at a game the  authorities can close stands that do not comply with the regulations. It could happen that the FA or Health and Safety authorities outside of the club could decide to close the appropriate stand for a period of time if standing persists.[/quote]Closure of a stand or parts of a stand would mean that season ticket holders would have to be relocated or refunded. Presumably that means to the Jarrold Stand where casual tickets are available. In turn that means lost revenue to the club through fewer casual tickets and presumably Away fan''s tickets available.I hope the **** who complained is pleased with themselves!

Isn’t the stewards intervention into the crowd making individuals sit more of a safety issue by the way they entice the crowd to react by sections standing in protest against their actions followed by scuffles getting individuals out dragging them down stairs? Folk will sit down eventually if left alone.

So all the attention will be what is happening in Block A of the Barclay instead of what is happening on the pitch (which is not a lot recently)

All stand and sing “Stand up for the Barclay boys” Perhaps the cameras can zoom in on what is happening to wake the board up to realise they need the crowd on their side to progress at this moment in time.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You are of course right,they cannot chuck you all out but then again you may well be prevented from being in that area for the Brentford game if the SAG force closure.[/quote]What''s it got to do with the Screen Actors Guild? [:^)]

Unless, of course, you''re Burton Albion in which case you can have terracing at both ends and all down one side!

[quote user="Sparge My Wort"]Unless, of course, you''re Burton Albion in which case you can have terracing at both ends and all down one side![/quote]Ah, but you can keep terracing if you get promoted to the Championship and don''t get relegated within two seasons.If by some miracle Burton stay up this year then in theory they will have to have an all-seater stadium for 2018/9

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Sparge My Wort"]Unless, of course, you''re Burton Albion in which case you can have terracing at both ends and all down one side![/quote]Ah, but you can keep terracing if you get promoted to the Championship and don''t get relegated within two seasons.If by some miracle Burton stay up this year then in theory they will have to have an all-seater stadium for 2018/9[/quote]

It''s farcical that on the one hand safe standing is not allowed but on the other hand "unsafe" standing (i.e Burton) is. A ludicrous inconsistency.

[quote user="Sparge My Wort"]Unless, of course, you''re Burton Albion in which case you can have terracing at both ends and all down one side![/quote]

But think of all the thousands that have died at Burton over the last two years. Shocking.

The law is the issue. Standing was never the problem with the lack of safety at football - it was the combination of standing and ramming in as many people as possible.

Since grounds now have far tighter limits (1 seat per person, and all that) standing would be fine.

It''s an idiotic rule, but when pushed the club have no option other than to enforce it. It''ll all die down again in a few weeks - happens on and off in the Snakepit all the time.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Sparge My Wort"]Unless, of course, you''re Burton Albion in which case you can have terracing at both ends and all down one side![/quote]Ah, but you can keep terracing if you get promoted to the Championship and don''t get relegated within two seasons.If by some miracle Burton stay up this year then in theory they will have to have an all-seater stadium for 2018/9[/quote]That should be get relegated.

Switching the blame from the people who are standing and disobeying the regulations, to the person who complained and the people trying to enforce the regulations? Good job that doesn''t happen is other situations:

"I''m sorry Captain Pants" (picking on you at random Captain), "we''ve caught the bloke who burgled your house, but when he told us that your TV was irresistible we had to let him go, and we''re arresting you instead for having such nice gear-oh, and we''re arresting ourselves for catching him in the first place".

Doesn''t make a lot of sense does it?

Now I enjoyed standing at Brentford-though I could hardly walk for 2 days afterwards-and I stand when others are standing, but I sit down when told to. It''s a courtesy to other fans, and to the stewards doing their job. I hate to see fans abusing the stewards and other fans when told to sit down-I can''t understand the mentality of people who do this. Stop being selfish.

Rant over.

It looks to me that a lot of fans from what i have read on here and Facebook are failing to grasp that it is not the club who are driving this but the SAG who  like it or not hold all the cards which regard to shutting parts of the ground for breaches of regulations governed by law.