Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Aden Flint

Weren’t we linked with him in the summer?

He has now scored more League goals as a CB this season than anybody in our squad

Oh and the gifs are great as well...

Klose will go, Franke back to Germany makes sense.

Klose is probably the only big earner/high value player we can lose without having to spend just as much to replace

Yep. Despite improving defensively since he''s come back in Klose doesn''t look like much more than a decent Championship center back.

Do people seriously think we will get decent money for Klose or Franke?

We will do well to get 4million for Klose and as for Franke, we paid 3 mil for him and will get nowhere near that for him, in fact lucky to get 1.5 mil for him

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Klose is not a championship CB more suited to PL he was a international so will be good in the right team[/quote]If he wants to be selected by Switzerland for the World Cup he will probably have to join a team in a top flight league somewhere.

Had he not been injured i believe Klose would have been gone in August. I think Hanley was his replacement. When you consider Raggett coming back from Lincoln and the club not wanting him to be cup tied it just all points to this. Or of course I could be adding 2+2 to make 5....

Can see Klose and Oliveira leaving for top level leagues as both will have eyes on Russia next summer.

We would then need to invest (quite heavily) in a new striker - would the club make a large amount of the funds received available to Farke?

Klose signed for us when we were PL. I''m pretty certain he wouldn''t have signed for us in the Champs. Oliveira signed for us in the Champs and we were his best option. I don''t think he''s improved for being here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Had he not been injured i believe Klose would have been gone in August. I think Hanley was his replacement. When you consider Raggett coming back from Lincoln and the club not wanting him to be cup tied it just all points to this. Or of course I could be adding 2+2 to make 5....[/quote]Not sure to be honest. Farke/Webber had said that Zimmerman hadn''t been brought in to be first choice centre back, and that Russell Martin was in a similar position now.I think it was supposed to be Franke + 1, but Franke just didn''t adapt to the Championship, and Zimmerman leapfrogged over him. Webber said we had been looking at Hanley throughout the window, but he''d been too expensive. Hanley was probably prepared to reduce his demands after being frozen out at Newcastle (being told he wasn''t going to listed in their Premiership squad). Had Klose been fit prior to the Millwall game, we wouldn''t have signed him.If we''d got a decent offer for Klose we''d have sold him, but that was probably true last summer as well.