Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Worthy's lost the dressing room

"We''re too up and down" he says. "It''ll all come right eventually - you don''t become a bad team overnight" says everyone else. Well we''ve become a bad team overnight. We''ve had 9 games to get it right and it aint happening.

Did anyone notice how only Hughes and Ashton applauded the fans on Saturday? That can only mean one thing: there are a lot of players here who aren''t happy. It''s been obvious by their body language from game one of this season. Something is wrong, and it must be Worthington.

The players know what we know: he got us relegated by refusing to use talented players, and sticking with his old faves. He''s doing the same this year (Flem), and they''ve had enough.

Lose on Sunday and he must go.

I agree with your points, but hope NW can get a grip and turn it round himself. A new manager doesn''t mean sudden revival and promotion.

But people keep making the point that "we are in the healthiest position we have been in for years". Well, mark my words, not for long.

Already there''s empty seats at FCR, soon the players that we managed to keep hold of will want out, not getting promoted means we are down an AWFUL lot of money and at the moment our wage bill is managably high - but it won''t stay managable for ever.

I agree wholeheartedly. If I was a player I''d be well hacked off by some of Worthy''s selections.  Here''s a post I just put on the NCFC message board. Same old same old.

...you get to feel so impotent writing these messages, because you know that Worthington and the board must be deaf dumb and blind, based on their buys, their tactics, their substitutions, and the performances so far. They can''t see and they won''t listen. Worthy is starting to make me feel sick to my stomach with frustration, in the way that Sven does at England level. He can turn 11 good players into a park side that look like they''ve never played together, and couldn''t motivate their way out of a wet paper bag. After every game he trots out the same stuff - footballing cliche after cliche - that makes him and the club look stupid. He''s got this old-fashioned moral code where if anyone steps out of line or shows a spark of invididuality, they''re out the club, even if the team suffers because of it. He thinks he''s Alex Ferguson but he''s more like Ron Manager.

Every fan who''s gone to a Norwich game over the last two seasons can see Fleming has lost it. Granted he makes the occasional saving tackle, but often it was caused by his own incompetence or failure to bring any sort of organisation to the defence which he is supposed to be the leader of. He just whinges and moans and points the finger at everyone else. Worthy presumably keeps playing him for his ''experience'' quote unquote, but I actually think he''s the most unsettingling influence in the team, and brings instability rather than stability to the core of the defence. He''s also TOO SMALL! How thick does Worthy have to be to work out that a centre back needs to be well over six foot these days. Worthy''s tried Charlton with Fleming (don''t laugh, it actually happened). He''s tried Doherty with Fleming. He''s tried everybody with Fleming, with different permutations of full backs. But the one thing he can''t see, even though it''s there plain as day, is that Fleming has been the common denominator in all our shambolic defensive displays. Yet he''s the first name on the team sheet. And it makes me want to scream every bit as much as when Sven plays Owen and Beckham match after match, even when they''re out of form or unfit, and he drops better players, or plays them out of position, just to accommodate his favourites.

Don''t get me wrong. Flem is a great guy, and has been a great servant to the club over the years. He comes across well when interviewed on telly, and his comments are twice as intelligent as Worthy, who sounds like a cabbage by comparison. But Flem has lost it as a player. It''s obvious Malky was the glue that held their partnership together, and since he went Flem has looked all at sea. Old, slow, charging around, he reminds me of Gary Holt on a bad day. He''s a hoofer, a panicker, long past his sell-by date. Shackell, by comparison, was the one shining hope to come out of the defence last season. He''s not the finished article yet, but he''s big and strong and fast and good in the air and he''s got youth on his side. The icing on the cake was, he''s a local lad who''s come through the academy. The sort of player the club should be building their future round. Okay, he''s human and makes the odd mistake, but with Calamity Flem playing alongside him, is it any wonder?

That''s why I had mixed emotions on Monday when I heard Calum Davenport had signed. At first my heart leapt and I thought, YES! At last Worthy has woken up, and the prospect of two young, strong, tall centre backs, commanding in the air and able to play the ball out of defence, made me think we had a chance to push for the play offs after Christmas. But then my heart sank as I realised that it would probably be Shackell who''d be dropped rather than Fleming, as incomprehensible as that decision would be to any fan who had watched Shack''s performances since he got in the first team last year. What''s the poin