Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Sheff Wed in a rut....

Best I can hope for is we keep them down to single figures...

I think the customary thing to say now is...

Hope I''m wrong.

3-0 Norwich OTBC

I wonder how long it will be before people start hoping we lose, you know, for the “greater good”.

“I’d take losing this 17-0 if it meant we could get rid of Farke/Webber/Delia/Neil/Adams/Houghton/Roeder/Gunn/Grant/Worthington/Delia...” etc

Lol Duncan. Not many seem to have worked that out yet...

I mean, they haven''t lost in seven. Sure they''d have hoped a couple of those draws had been converted to wins but they''re hardly a pushover?

Guess this is what we''re gonna get now.

We''ll forfeit the game tomorrow afternoon after everybody decides they''ve got far better things to be doing.Apples

Strange to think that most of the popular bands at the time would play in a glorified scout hut in a village on the north norfolk coast

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Strange to think that most of the popular bands at the time would play in a glorified scout hut in a village on the north norfolk coast[/quote]

GQ magazine once listed West Runton pavilion as one of the top ten gigs in the world.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Strange to think that most of the popular bands at the time would play in a glorified scout hut in a village on the north norfolk coast[/quote]

GQ magazine once listed West Runton pavilion as one of the top ten gigs in the world.[/quote]I saw the Stranglers there about 40 years ago. The journey there and back from out in the sticks in a unroadworthy car with a bit too much to drink wasn''t clever!

On this rather unpredictable season-long journey ( ending with a 7th to 9th place), this was a game where I felt we would click. So for me, its an unquestionable win and just maybe it might herald a few to begin to believe in our team a bit more again. It''s been a hard couple of months and its time now to step out of the abyss.

[quote user="sonyc"]On this rather unpredictable season-long journey ( ending with a 7th to 9th place), this was a game where I felt we would click. So for me, its an unquestionable win and just maybe it might herald a few to begin to believe in our team a bit more again. It''s been a hard couple of months and its time now to step out of the abyss.[/quote]Indeed. A much needed win to calm everyone down a bit would be great. Any sort of win please, 1-0 og would suffice!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Best I can hope for is we keep them down to single figures...

I think the customary thing to say now is...

Hope I''m wrong.

3-0 Norwich OTBC[/quote]

Oooh, so close.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Strange to think that most of the popular bands at the time would play in a glorified scout hut in a village on the north norfolk coast[/quote]

GQ magazine once listed West Runton pavilion as one of the top ten gigs in the world.[/quote]I went there on my FS1E to see The Boomtown Rats. Decided to get a car after that journey. Remember seeing SLF on my birthday, the drummer passed out and while they were reviving him the rest of the band played ''Hokey from Miskogy''.I also remember The Ruts gig at St. Andrews hall and a Sham 69 gig that was interrupted several times by fighting in the mosh pit, allegedly by skinheads from London.