Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

I WAS A WORTHY FAN BUT.....

I WAS A WORTHY FAN AND HAVE DEFENDEDHIM ALL SEASON BUT AFTER TONIGHT I MUST ADMIT I THINK HE HAS LOST THE PLOT AND SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER HIS POSITION! HOW CAN HE DROP MCVEIGH AFTER HIS PERFORMANCE ON SATURDAY FOR A LOAN PLAYER AND AFTER BRINGING IN DAVENPORT NOT PICK HIM? NO DOUBT HE WILL LEAVE OUT SHAX ON SUNDAY AND PLAY DAVENPORT INSTEAD WITH FLEMING, SORRY NIGE I CANT DEFEND YOU ANYMORE YOUR SELECTIONS AS WELL AS SUBSTITUTIONS HAVE BECOME LAUGHABLE!

I couldn''t agree more BaldyBoy - I''ve never, not once, slatted Worthy, but dropping McVeigh and worse still, taking off Shaks whilst persistenting YET AGAIN with the weakest link (Flemming) is an absolute disgrace.

We''re 2-0 down, it''s time to try something different. 

Wake up Worthington. 

DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT?If Worthy picked Davenport who has not played a single competitive game this season above Flem who has (despite what you may think about him) then I''d question him. Bringing him on in the 2nd half is good enough. Whats happened has happened, but you don''t start a player with no match fitness.

[quote]DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT?If Worthy picked Davenport who has not played a single competitive game this season above Flem who has (despite what you may think about him) then I''d question him. Bringing him o...[/quote]

Are any of our players match fit ??

I agree Herb, but I''m talking about subbing Shaks for Davenport at half time, when the world''s crying out for Flem to make way for someone with some pace, height and organisation....

I''ve got lots of respect for Flem, but just not convinced he''s the right man for the job at the moment.

sorry about the shouting but wanted worthy to hear! Lol! as for playing davenport when he had no match fitness why not? he has played every game for spurs reserves and played in most of spurs pre season games, and  how does he get match fitness? surely by playing games or do we put him in the reserves for a month to build up his fitness? if hes signed and we are paying him he should play!

I''m not going to say anymore, it''s getting me down. We all know the ony way he''ll go is if he resigns. It worries me that we''re 7 games in and we still don''t know our best 11

I too was a Worthy fan, however he has committed the cardinal sin tonight of changing a winning team.

Some of his decisions continue to defy logic and we deserve an explanation. 

If we lose on Sunday () then the pressure from the supporters at the next home match will be intense (and deservedly so)

[quote]I WAS A WORTHY FAN AND HAVE DEFENDEDHIM ALL SEASON BUT AFTER TONIGHT I MUST ADMIT I THINK HE HAS LOST THE PLOT AND SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER HIS POSITION! HOW CAN HE DROP MCVEIGH AFTER HIS PERFORMANCE...[/quote]

I was going to post exactly the same message. My Worthy loving days seems to be fading, however I still have no idea who would be a better person to replace him.

So we are two down and he replaces one defender. With the new defender on we don''t concede another goal. Ah, I see where he is wrong there.

We don''t play a loanee so Worthington is wrong.

WE do play a loanee so Worthington is wrong

Many of our junior supporters are suffering from the ''mighty town syndrom''. We are entitled to win every game. We belong only at the top. Promotion is our right.

Shouting and stamping our little feet will help.

[quote]I agree Herb, but I''m talking about subbing Shaks for Davenport at half time, when the world''s crying out for Flem to make way for someone with some pace, height and organisation.... I''ve got lots...[/quote]

I''ve got to concede, I''d have dropped Flem too. At 2-0 the game is as good as lost anyway, may as well gain some experience for the younger player.What was more worrying was the fact that McVeigh was dropped, I was at the game on Saturday and thought he''d done more than enough to warrant another start.Even if it turned out to be the wrong choice with hindsight, it seems the fair thing to do, McVeigh played well on Saturday, he must be left thinking "What have I got to do to get 2 games?"Don''t get me wrong, I''ve criticised him in the past when hes looked like hes just making up the numbers, but on Saturday he worked hard and played a decent role in the game.

I have never been completely convinced by Worthy as our Commander-in-Chief since his decision to take McVeigh off in the Play-Off Final. IMO Nuff said!

[quote]I''m not going to say anymore, it''s getting me down. We all know the ony way he''ll go is if he resigns. It worries me that we''re 7 games in and we still don''t know our best 11[/quote]

Sadly there is no chance that Worthy will resign when all he has to do is sit tight and get a big pay day after the board sack him.  My only fear is how low do we have to go before the board make the decision to sack him. 

If the Worthy followers believe he is going to turn things round and we will rapidly rise up the league, then they must surely live in the same dream world as the manager.  He continues to baffle everyone by his team selections, tactics and substitutions.  Unfortunately we will hear the same old crap in tomorrow''s papers about the sloppy defending in the first half, but that we played better in the second and were unlucky to not get something from the game.

Personally I am fed up with the excuses and worse still I worry what will happen to our youngsters like Shackell, Jarvis and Henderson. 

I didn''t expect to see us win at Chelsea and Arsenal last season, but I did expect us to get something at Stoke and Watford.  When do we play Plymouth away because that could be our first league away win this season.

Delia and the board need to make the decision to sack Worthy sooner rather than later or otherwise we are in for a long bleak winter.

I agree. McVeigh was our best player on Saturday. He should have been in the team from the start tonight

First half tonight was a disgrace. If the fans can turn up for a game at 7.45, why can''t the team?

Luckily I live in Hertfordshire, I just feel sorry for those who drove all the way from Norwich.

Second half performance was much better, but we still failed to create any real chances (except for the goal) until the last few minutes. We desperately need someone to give us some width on the right and a midfielders capable of making a surging run or two into the opponents half.

On the bright side there was an excellent performance from a rock solid central defender. Sadly he was wearing a Watford shirt (Come Back Malky!).

MadDan, please don''t be so pedantic. I''m 48 (and I''ve left school, honestly), but I agree with those who say that Worthington''s taken us as far as he can. A team with players of the quality of Green, Deano, Hucks, Safri, etc., shouldn''t be in our League position. The only away game we''ve won in 16 months was against the mighty MK Dons in the last minute of extra time. We are becoming an embarrassment and we need new managerial / coaching blood to take us forward again.   

[quote]So we are two down and he replaces one defender. With the new defender on we don''t concede another goal. Ah, I see where he is wrong there. We don''t play a loanee so Worthington is wrong. WE do play...[/quote]

Who''s saying we are entitled to win every game? I know I''m not. What I am saying is that Norwich City are at the moment doing a very poor job of it under the guidance of Nigel Worthington when we know that the players we have are much better than the position in the table indicates. People are not just annoyed because we lost to a good team away from home tonight, but because we''ve struggled to make any sort of impression since the start of last season. Apart from the odd moment when we play amazing football like against Manchester United we are usually c**p and I don''t think fans are wrong to be asking questions about the managers ability to take us forward. He''s taken us as far as he can and nows the time for us to move on.

[quote]So we are two down and he replaces one defender. With the new defender on we don''t concede another goal. Ah, I see where he is wrong there. We don''t play a loanee so Worthington is wrong. WE do play...[/quote]

I see no one expecting us to win all the games this season, I see a fan base who are unhappy with the quality of performances they have seen in the 9 games so far this season.   I dont mind losing to a well organised good watford team if our team have performed well for 90 minutes having had the best 11 selected and playing to sound tactics developed by the manager on the training ground.   But we are a million miles from that.

As far as signings are concerned I was in the minority who still beleive that we did not need a defender given the current squad and that the manager should have been told to sort it out from within the squad.   I have been consistent in that message all season.   It is pointless cross referencing my posts with other demanding a central defender to solve the problems as that is also a valid view point,just one that differs from my own.

Worthy was right to start with Davenport on the bench having spent no time with the team.  However having signed him it was obvious that he is going to be a part of the starting 11 during his time here.   Taking Flem off was the wrong choice based on the season so far and the first defensive problems  of the 45 mins.  How is taking shacks, our best defender, off building for the future? 

Lisbie is a good signing but again it was extremely harsh to drop a player who was inspirational against Plymouth even though Lisbie also did well. 

I cant make you see the problems with the side that will not be solved by the coaching satff crossing their fingers and hoping but you cant criticise those who do and want something to change to get the team to play to the ability they have.

OTBC 

There is something seriously wrong here.   The players, who by all accounts are allegedly a pretty talented bunch, seem to be playing like a bunch of amateurs.   The manager, who by all accounts is allegedly a pretty talented manager seems to have lost his magic touch too - but then there are those of us who would say that it disappeared just over a year ago!!!

What is going on - is it the players, is it the manager, is the rest of the backroom coaching staff...like many others I''m now getting VERY tired of the same old squit being ladled out after each poor performance.

Come on Worthington - get it sorted or get on your bike.