Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

City v Sheff Weds

Best thing about it for me was that despite all the issues and problems it is clear the players are all fully behind Farke.

They could easily have put down tools at half time and he may well have been out before Xmas.

It’s only one win but it could be a start of another good run.

Going back over the posts is hysterical.

First half we werent that bad at all. Two clear easy chances for Oliviera and should have taken both of them. We didnt get the luck which in our form you dont tend to!

Great result. Farke wasnt out of his seat shouting first half which some of you on here wanted for some reason because we were playing fine. We do need to get out of this opposition scoring their first chance whereas we need 5 or 6.

Ian wrote the following post at 09/12/2017 8:13 PM:

Vrancic was good, wasn''t he?

He was good Ian, I hope the moaners get off his back now, he is going to be a useful player for us đź‘Ť

"lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)"

Bloody needed that!

Hate to say told you so... but I’ve been saying Watkins or Wildshut for Murphy for ages.

Murphy was terrible. He needs dropping now.

You also wanted to drop two of today''s goal scorers.

[quote user="hogesar"]Going back over the posts is hysterical.

First half we werent that bad at all. Two clear easy chances for Oliviera and should have taken both of them. We didnt get the luck which in our form you dont tend to!

Great result. Farke wasnt out of his seat shouting first half which some of you on here wanted for some reason because we were playing fine. We do need to get out of this opposition scoring their first chance whereas we need 5 or 6.[/quote]
I was watching on Sky, don''t think people were overreacting, we were utter garbage first half. 
Not surprised at the empty seats if the home fans have been watching that dross all season.

I wasn''t in the ground watching but on TV from distance it looked like we were off the pace first half. Yes two good chances but we seemed slow to close them down and win the ball back and laboured in attack. But, we did get better as the half progressed. I thought the biggest issue seemed to be fear, that the ball would be lost or move break down. Little fluidity or bite.

Second half more players especially AP and JM running direct, getting Oliveira in some good places and winning ball back quickly by putting on more pressure and getting the second balls more often than not. Much more direct, passing better and more expansive, much more confident, took some risks in getting more numbers forward.

I don''t like relying on TV impressions as you don''t see the whole field but to me we looked distinctly second best for much of the first half.

Very encouraging to come back so well. Just need to stick to that second half formula and not go all cautious again.

We DO have the players to be a force.

If we can be utter garbage for an entire half, create two clear chances and go in only 1 down then utter garbage aint too bad for us.

Utter garbage first half? Really? How much better would we have had to have been to be garbage or a bit rubbish? Were we just mediocre in the second half. Or maybe average? How does the scale work?

Watched it on Sky and although we did have a couple of great chances we were pretty poor and the commentators and Darren Eadie were far from impressed with our play. Gunn pulled off a great save from Hooper at the end of the half that he didn’t get the credit for. Second half the tempo and movement was far better which was again picked up on in the commentary and they said that the front 4 in the second half looked a far more dangerous proposition. Doesn’t matter though as we won and have the 3 points 👍🏻

We haven''t been totally bad for a fair few games now but the margins of success/failure have been wafer thin. The first half was not as bad as some were making out, we were evenly matched. Second half we came out much better and there seems a nice partnership developing between Pritchard/Maddison. I''ve thought for a long time we were just one win away from an uptick and I think the second half of the season will see us gelling nicely. It may be too late to make an impression on the leaders but at least we can put our struggles behind us.

Fiery Zac wrote the following post at 2017-12-10 12:48 AM:

Bloody needed that!

Hate to say told you so... but I’ve been saying Watkins or Wildshut for Murphy for ages.

I would imagine that come January he will be heading very North!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Fiery Zac wrote the following post at 2017-12-10 12:48 AM:

Bloody needed that!

I would imagine that come January he will be heading very North![/quote]

What, to Newcastle?

No chance anyone will be bidding for Murphy, he’s done nothing this season. Over rated, just like his brother. Who incesently has done nothing at Newcastle.

@Golden Coppel

Yep, nothing at all at Newcastle - other than Player Of The Month. A very entertaining thread to read 👍. Don’t blame Nelson not celebrating with the fans to be fair.

[quote user="hogesar"]Jacob just got player of the month for Newcastle.[/quote]Yeah, that was a surprise. I was talking to a Geordie supporter this morning and he said they quite liked what Murphy was doing and what they were lacking was a striker.  Good to hear he has grabbed his chance. 

[quote user="Alex "]@Golden Coppel

Yep, nothing at all at Newcastle - other than Player Of The Month. A very entertaining thread to read 👍. Don’t blame Nelson not celebrating with the fans to be fair.[/quote]

Well that is a surprise. Of the last seven games, he’s only started 4. In each of those except one he’s been substituted. He hasn’t scored, and Newcastle haven’t won!