Sign in to follow this  
greenwichcanary

Europa way Matchday parking fine

Non football related but got a notice of intended prosecution today for going through no entry sign coming off Europa way onto Martineau land heading out of city after the Preston game. Like many I park down Europa way (where travis Perkins, Ben burgess are across the road from county hall) and have done for years on the road as it’s free road parking. However like many I take the shortcut through the no entry sign rather than driving back towards the colmans/country hall roundabout. Have done this for years and never had a problem so just wondering if anyone has been issued one of these notices at all? It also says “detected by means other than ACD” which I’m assuming means someone grassed me up or old bill we’re hiding away somewhere recording everyone going that way. Again hence why I’m interested if anyone else got a letter as I know loades of people do it every home game. Guess I’ll just have to take the long way round from now on anyway :(.

Anyone know what punishment is for this sort of offence normally? Is it just a fine or is it likely to points aswell?

£50, I got one last year, took about 2 months to come through though. Mine was from a cheeky Plod who was on his motorbike watching for people turning in the wrong way! Got about half a dozen too!😡

I also do this regularly but have yet to receive a fine. I''ve missed several games this year though, so may have got lucky.

Every so often there''s a copper (or two) sat by the entrance to prevent people using it as an exit - always considered it a waste of (supposedly valuable and limited) police resources. I guess if they''re booking people at least it''s bring in some revenue!

What I don''t understand though is that from a traffic management perspective isn''t it preferable to have less vehicles heading towards the already nightmarish roundabout outside county hall after matches?

A £50 fine only pays for six matchdays'' parking at County Hall!

I just wonder what you guys who do that would say if you were involved in an accident whilst carrying out this manoeuvre ? I am sure your insurance company would be most considerate with your claim form.

"Nee Naw Nee Naw Nee Naw Nee Naw!".......Wonder what part of "NO ENTRY" drivers struggle to comprehend?.......

ROOLS OV DA ROOD!

I''ve honestly never been done for speeding, or have been fined for any traffic violations or motoring offences, and I''ve held a full licence for many, many years......

.......Maybe I could put that down to just ''good fortune''?......

How about you then, can you be open and Frank with me....?

Nobody is perfect. But if you''re going to knowingly break the rules you can''t really moan about it when the police enforce them.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''ve honestly never been done for speeding, or have been fined for any traffic violations or motoring offences, and I''ve held a full licence for many, many years...... .......Maybe I could put that down to just ''good fortune''?...... How about you then, can you be open and Frank with me....?[/quote]

There''s being "done for " speeding and there''s never actually having broken the speed limit....

I agree with Til, he''s spot on. A couple of years ago I met a vehicle coming in there. A virtual head on, even at a lowish speed. Don''t know what he was doing going in there at 5.10 on a Saturday, but he was. Much glaring and horn honking, and he had every right. It was his road ,not mine.

There''s being "done for " speeding and there''s never actually having broken the speed limit....sez ICF......

Well it must be down to me being very fortunate then......

How about you then ICF......are you also very fortunate - or have you got any fines, points an'' penalties?.......Hey do you actually drive?.....

If you think a queue of traffic that isn’t moving is endangering human life then it’s probably best you don’t get out of bed

Obviously the traffic moves or it would not be used as a short cut. I just wonder what you would say if you were in collision with a vehicle breaking road traffic law on this raod ?

Disappointing that a few have no regard for traffic rules. At least you get home a few minutes later, even if you are risking someone else’s car or indeed life.