Sign in to follow this  
Funny old game

Comically deluded thread on Sheffield Utd forum

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/any-norwich-players-of-interest.60453/

This deluded Thread (attached link) has appeared on Blades fan forum. The OP mulls over which Norwich players they should sign in January. This from a newly promoted club who after a decent start are now falling away. Still very bitter about how they were comprehensively beaten at home by us. Good for a chuckle though.

Made it a clicky for you
[url]https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/any-norwich-players-of-interest.60453/page-2[/url]
They don''t like us do they ? [:)]

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Don’t know about Sheff Utd... but I’m worried about some championship teams like Wolves, Villa and Leeds bidding for Madders and Pritchard.

If you were Wolves, £10-15 million on either Pritchard or Madders seems a no brainier with promotion highly likely.[/quote]

Thing is, those estimations are at least £10m too light...

[quote user="The Walking Man "][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Don’t know about Sheff Utd... but I’m worried about some championship teams like Wolves, Villa and Leeds bidding for Madders and Pritchard.

If you were Wolves, £10-15 million on either Pritchard or Madders seems a no brainier with promotion highly likely.[/quote]

Thing is, those estimations are at least £10m too light...[/quote]

If you think we’ll get £20-25 million for either your in dreamland.

£15 million absolute tops for Maddison and possibly £10 million for Pritchard if sold in Jan.

Jesus christ the delusion is strong.

Although only beaten by our resident Reading fan who reckons we would sell Pritchard for 10m.

"The funnier idea is that Chris Wilder could make them better players than Daniel Farke can."

While I''m not concerned about Sheffield United poaching our players, why is this funny? Wilder has achieved far more than Farke has as a manager.

The firesale disposal of one of our few remaining realisable playing assets - such as Maddison or Prichard - might return the club to a debt free position, assuming the cash received is in excess of £7m (the predicted year end overdraft at the AGM).

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The firesale disposal of one of our few remaining realisable playing assets - such as Maddison or Prichard - might return the club to a debt free position, assuming the cash received is in excess of £7m (the predicted year end overdraft at the AGM).[/quote]I presume you have a link for this claimI''ll wait

While I''m not concerned about Sheffield United poaching our players, why is this funny? Wilder has achieved far more than Farke has as a manager

Wilder has been managing for 4 years, Farke has had 24 games

I understand that. My point is that I don''t see why the idea that Wilder (won two leagues and three promotions in his managerial reign) could improve a player more than Farke (a relative novice with no real track record) is so funny?

Probs ''cause Wilders a c*ck. Or something like that.
Also, to be fair, so far under Farke, Maddison has come on leaps and bounds and is constantly praising his head coach, Wildshut has improved from last season, whilst I can''t think of anyone who''s gone backwards in development under Farke even though we''ve had a couple of really poor runs.

@Hoegsar

Nelson and Jerome would seem like obvious candidates.

However, I don''t doubt Farke is and will continue to improve players. I''m also sure Wilder is doing so at Sheffield United.

@Rubarb - others shareholders who also attended the AGM will confirm that from the MD’s presentation the budgeted overdraft at the June 2018 balance sheet date is predicted to be £7m. Presumably, asset disposals would reduce that liability.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]@Rubarb - others shareholders who also attended the AGM will confirm that from the MD’s presentation the budgeted overdraft at the June 2018 balance sheet date is predicted to be £7m. Presumably, asset disposals would reduce that liability.[/quote]overdraft ?isn''t that a short term loan, usually used to cover costs when cash flows don''t cover outgoings at specific timesthe way you put it over as if the club will not have the money to meet that overdraft

Overdrafts are not nice and once in the red, you are on a slippery slope. That £7m overdraft could easily rise if not paid back quickly and that would then definitely become a problem.   It could well stay at that level to the end of the season when we will see where we are - and if we are not promoted, to get back in the black we will be selling one or two players to balance the books - that much would be certain. But there is surely no pressure to do that at this stage - unless a silly money offer comes in for any of the players.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Overdrafts are not nice and once in the red, you are on a slippery slope. That £7m overdraft could easily rise if not paid back quickly and that would then definitely become a problem.   It could well stay at that level to the end of the season when we will see where we are - and if we are not promoted, to get back in the black we will be selling one or two players to balance the books - that much would be certain. But there is surely no pressure to do that at this stage - unless a silly money offer comes in for any of the players.  

[/quote]eh ?the club does NOT have a £7m overdraft

At the end of this season the club will be overdrawn 7 million and back in debt just like before, last year Delia withdrew the last 1.5 million the club owed her and she now wants investment to cover our loses, as you''d have to be a complete moron to invest in a football club when for your investment you''ll have no power or control over how the club is run it''s not likely to happen, but at least she''s looking for investment eh?

The only other way to cover these losses then is to sell off our valuable assets, which we''ve already been buttered up for, if we get an offer anywhere near 10 million for either pritch or maddison I''d expect them to leave

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]At the end of this season the club will be overdrawn 7 million and back in debt just like before, last year Delia withdrew the last 1.5 million the club owed her and she now wants investment to cover our loses, as you''d have to be a complete moron to invest in a football club when for your investment you''ll have no power or control over how the club is run it''s not likely to happen, but at least she''s looking for investment eh?

The only other way to cover these losses then is to sell off our valuable assets, which we''ve already been buttered up for, if we get an offer anywhere near 10 million for either pritch or maddison I''d expect them to leave[/quote]

Exactly this. Although I do think there will be high intrest in Maddison which will help us hold out for nearer £15 million.

If it’s only £7m we need to find then we’d be better off selling klose. Especially when raggett comes back. We are pretty well stocked for centre backs. I think we could get £7m for klose and he will be on big wages. He has proven premiership quality from his first few months at us so one of the lower prem teams would likely be happy to take a punt in January at that price.

I''ve had a drink or two (okay make that five or six) with Wilder in the past when he was managing Halifax as he''s a friend of a good friend of mine. The fanciful notion that he would voluntarily leave the Blunts for us is laughable. He is a Blunt through and through (he has a tattoo of the club logo, was a fan on the terraces before he played for the club, after he left the club whilst a player and a manager elsewhere). He has just set up home with a new wife and won''t be moving far given his age now. However I think the recent dip in form is a sign that he probably has reached his managerial capability.

Like Lambert, if he can conjure up the team spirit to drive the team on he might get them to the EPL, but the loss of Coutts in midfield for the season is a big blow to them; if he doesn''t get financial backing from his board to replace Coutts in January (and that is a big IF), I can see them slipping down the league quite quickly now. The "Prince" they have on the Board is not going to financially back the team; he''s more interested in the real estate.

The issue here is I have never known such a virulent view of both a player and a team as presented on that message board, or indeed every bloody time I meet one of their fans in the pub. I was unfortunately out of the country on that match day celebrating someone''s 50th; just what the hell went on that day, because its like I''ve been ostracised from polite society ever since?

They''ve had plenty of opportunity of holding a grudge against a team in the past. For instance I remember "We Love You" McVeigh standing in front of their kop, arms outstretched after scoring, getting pelted in plastic bottles before he reacted by getting one of their players sent off. The fierceness of their upset this time is actually quite scary. We must have done something to upset them on the pitch, Gunn in particular.

It''s going to be fun on 20th January - I hope everyone is ready.

Tetteys jig it''s not just a case of finding 7 million to cover losses for this season, next year we have zero parachute payments so also need to take 150-200k a week off the overall wage bill and find cash to replace the inevitable outgoing players, any player with a value and any player on a big wage will probably leave or sit in the reserves, this is the problem with having owners with league one wealth.

At least we can look forward to the multi millionaire nephew Tom taking control