Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Nuts

The whole saga of buying a player ragget then loaning him back to the club then talk of him being loaned out again possibly to one of our rivals is nuts to me .why sign a player that is not going to be at the club.

if he is loaned out the chance is he will do well and they will want to keep him .same with Godfrey .

Seems pretty simple to me, you sign young players who are potentially as good if not better than what you have already but they need to develop by playing regular games, so they go out on loan (no brainer). No point having them here sitting on the bench every week, or worse still in the stands.

If they come back here in January they need to be starting games. Otherwise it''s pointless and they may as well carry on what they are doing.

If you believe they are already better than what we have in the squad then that''s a different matter.

I''d like both Godfrey and Raggett at the club and not loaned out again.

Godfrey to challenge Tettey, and Raggett as back up to Klose and Hanley. In fact personally, I''d consider starting him. His heading abillity is first class. I think many will come to love Raggett.

Perhaps Zimmermann could go to Lincoln or Elsewhere for the rest of the season? He''d benefit from being roughed about a bit in the lower leagues.

Looking forward to seeing Ragget play, have a good vibe about him, hope we dont lend him out again, not without a few games first. Maybe in the summer if it does prove to be a step too far too soon.

Can''t see Ragget being at Norwich this season, unless Klose is sold of course. Just don''t need 5 center backs and Ragget needs experience of football above the 4th tier - like I''ve said in another post about Godfrey, no point having him at the club if he isn''t playing and I can''t see him coming in and displacing Klose, Hanley and Zimmermann at the moment.

I think after last season, and Klose''s high wages, Norwich would have been lucky to sell Klose - injury or not.

Personally I think he''ll be around until the end of the season. German clubs don''t tend to do a huge amount of business in January and that is his most likely destination.

Still not sure who would want to sign and have the funds to be capable of doing so at the moment. If he keeps having a good season then there might be some more interest in the summer. Sure Klose would love to move to a top flight team to boost his World Cup hopes, but that ship has probably already sailed for him.

Bethnal - do you think Swansea, West Brom or Palace might want him?

FWIW - I''d quite like him to stay & if we do see a revival, he''d be a key part of it to get us to the playoffs.

[quote user="Woodman"]Bethnal - do you think Swansea, West Brom or Palace might want him?

FWIW - I''d quite like him to stay & if we do see a revival, he''d be a key part of it to get us to the playoffs.[/quote]The funniest thing is the Sheffield Utd fans thinking they could come and poach big Timm from us! [:D]

Woodman -

I''m not sure any Premier League team will really be looking at him, largely due to his struggles last year. I also imagine the clubs you mentioned would be more concerned with bringing in players further up the pitch.

It is always hard to predict which clubs will move for which players and as the window draws towards a close, some teams may well become desperate. Think there will be other players drawing attention of the big clubs before Timm (who has been better this season, but there have also been a fair few costly mistakes in the last 10 or so games).