Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Tough Choice

The royal wedding next year clashes with the FA cup final although the late kick off time will help everyone.I remember going to a wedding that was during the season and the usual problem occurred, in those days the only way to follow the results was listening on the radio, although the best man did give score updates during his speech.One of my friends got married at 4:30 on a Saturday when we were at home, he went to the first half and then onto the wedding, luckily I was only invited to the evening do. 

As I doubt any of us here will be invited I am not too sure how it will affect any of us

Prince William normally presents the cup but he''s going to be Harry''s best man. You could write to the FA and suggest that as William will not be going you would like his ticket.

I think that ticket has been allocated to James Hewitt as it appears he''s not going after all.Charles refuses as I think one year a captain mistakenly grabbed him by the ears and tried to lift him above his head, thinking it was the FA Cup

My sister got married on the same day we played Ipswich in the FA Cup. Wedding was at 1pm, reception not till 6 so I rushed up to CR and saw the second half, we won 1 - 0 but I missed a Keith Bertchien’s goal.

[quote user="Rhubarb"]As I doubt any of us here will be invited I am not too sure how it will affect any of us[/quote]
This. I really don''t get why anyone outside the families/friends circle concerned gives a flying one about the event anyway. Mind you, I s''pose there are many who would say the same thing about the FA Cup final. Each to their own, I guess.

So who will present the cup, if Hewitt''s lad is getting hitched ?Perhaps they will move the lesser event to a morning kick off, then that other Prince Charles look a like William could give his speech and zip over to Wembley for the game.For those with a long memory it was 15.36 (half three) that poor old Anne Boleyn, her of Blickling notoriety, had her head chopped on on the May 19th.Any way let''s just hope Phillip sees out the season as another royal sprog is due just before this knees up.Can''t think they will want to have to deal with all three in the same month or so.