Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Versus Dirty Leeds.

Just cannot see what Nelson Oliveira brings to the team. He fell away at all his other English clubs, did so with Benfica, and is now getting found out here!

We cannot afford another striker, but if someone has to go to fund a striker, it has to be him surely.!

Astounding how ineffective we are in front of goal. There is no danger of us getting anywhere near the play offs

Realistically I wasn''t expecting much from Leeds away, on good form or not. Feel we need to do a bit of wheeling and dealing in the January, perhaps offloading one of our many CHs/midfielders for a striker. We don''t look like getting out of this league sometime soon though.

Capt. Pants wrote the following post at 16/12/2017 5:14 PM:

Realistically I wasn''t expecting much from Leeds away, on good form or not. Feel we need to do a bit of wheeling and dealing in the January, perhaps offloading one of our many CHs/midfielders for a striker. We don''t look like getting out of this league sometime soon though.

I don’t know. After the inevitable player sales and downgrading of replacements at the end of the season, I’d say we’ve a fair chance of getting out of the league next season

Before the match I thought we would loose this match and believed it would be another abject performance, that''s why I stayed at home. So I was surprised to see us play so well, even thought it was loads of ''tippy tappy'' stuff and not enough penetration   

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Realistically I wasn''t expecting much from Leeds away, on good form or not. Feel we need to do a bit of wheeling and dealing in the January, perhaps offloading one of our many CHs/midfielders for a striker. We don''t look like getting out of this league sometime soon though.[/quote][Y]  We have an ''easier'' run of games coming up where we could get some confidence boosting wins. We aren''t a bad team and if we could get a decent striker or two we should be able to chalenge a top half finish. I think play-offs are way off on current looks and form.

We should expect to get points from Leeds away, they are not particularly good and we have better players than them. Unfortunately we remain lacking in terms of finishing our chances and are giving away a goal a game due to poor marking from crosses. As such we don''t get the results that we really should based on the balance of play.

We are not far off, there is a good side there capable of going on a good run but at present we are not as effective as some of our rivals who mostly still have inferior players. Very frustrating and looks like another wasted season.

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]Realistically I wasn''t expecting much from Leeds away, on good form or not. Feel we need to do a bit of wheeling and dealing in the January, perhaps offloading one of our many CHs/midfielders for a striker. We don''t look like getting out of this league sometime soon though.[/quote][Y]  We have an ''easier'' run of games coming up where we could get some confidence boosting wins. We aren''t a bad team and if we could get a decent striker or two we should be able to chalenge a top half finish. I think play-offs are way off on current looks and form.[/quote]The further we get into this season how on earth do you come up with that Herman ?

I wish I could believe that Jim. We can keep the ball, pass and move (slowly) in the middle of the pitch but when we are ineffective at both ends there’s only ever going to be one outcome.

I''m optimistic that we might do the right thing. But then again I am optimistic that I might win the Euromillions as well.