Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Oliveira Sell or Keep in Jan?

He could do no wrong earlier in the season. But are we starting to see why his career has been so stop start. Is he an injury prone premadonna with questionable temperament or the talismanic striker that might single handedly scrape us into the playoffs? Sell in Jan and reinvest or try to get the best out of him?

His market value has probably dipped a bit of late but think he could be valued at 6 to 8 m quite a profit. His heart doesn''t seem in it he doesn''t like the style of play. If we keep farke I can see him going if farke gets the chop then all bets off. If he is sold I suspect only a small proportion of the fee will towards a replacement

I don''t think I''ve seen anything so bad from a Norwich striker as I saw in the last match from Oliveira.  Woeful.  We know he can be good - but he needs to start showing it....and play for the team, not for himself as he has appeared to be since he got back from Portugal.  If he doesn''t play well for us, there is no point in him being here and would sooner get someone in who fits what Farke is after.

Ability wise....good luck finding a better striker than him.

But if he doesn''t want to be here then so be it.

He could make the World Cup squad and you could hardly blame him for wanting out of a midtable Championship club for the chance of going to the WC.

If it were as easy as just ''selling him'' then orf you gothere has to b a buyer, and as stated above he doesn''t always endure himself to othersrather reminds me of Cantona, another head up his own backside self important whinger

There seemed to plenty of interest in the summer. West Ham and West Brom likely to spend some money in Jan, both with relatively new managers. Surely we can reinvest what we get for him if we ‘don’t need to sell’ in Jan. He must be on decent wages.

He will be unaffordable come May so the sell decision is simply one of then or now. The answer presumably revolves around the issue of whether we are more or less likely to be relegated with him in the squad. My view would be less but others may differ.

Not quite as good as he thinks he is and I am not sure that Wolves need him; plenty of striking options without him and they will probably want better given they will be in the prem enxt season.

Undoubtedly the squad will be weaker squad if he leaves - but it looks increasingly like we are heading to a

howson-esque tools downing finale. Sadly if he doesnt want to be here and is causing unrest then cashing in now and planning for the next season is probably the right thing to do.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Not quite as good as he thinks he is and I am not sure that Wolves need him; plenty of striking options without him and they will probably want better given they will be in the prem enxt season.

Undoubtedly the squad will be weaker squad if he leaves - but it looks increasingly like we are heading to a

howson-esque tools downing finale. Sadly if he doesnt want to be here and is causing unrest then cashing in now and planning for the next season is probably the right thing to do.[/quote]

Seems to have a similar attitude to Chris Martin (minus a little of his ability). Don''t think many will be queuing up for him!

We won''t get a better striker than him if we sold in January, but if he''s not going to commit and challenge for a f*cking ball in the air then we could certainly find one who''ll offer more than he currently is.

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Not quite as good as he thinks he is and I am not sure that Wolves need him; plenty of striking options without him and they will probably want better given they will be in the prem enxt season.

howson-esque tools downing finale. Sadly if he doesnt want to be here and is causing unrest then cashing in now and planning for the next season is probably the right thing to do.[/quote]

Seems to have a similar attitude to Chris Martin (minus a little of his ability). Don''t think many will be queuing up for him![/quote]

Chris Martin has not got more ability than Oliveria!

Chris Martins attitude was blown out of all proportion too. A scuffle in Beccles got him pub watched sure, but professionally I didn''t think he ever did much wrong. Always gave his all for Norwich.

As for Oliveria, if its a personality clash with Farke, I''d rather Farke went and we found a manager who could motivate and get the best from him.

Not interested in players that will only ''play'' under certain Managers - or if they have toothache!

Chris Martin''s attitude has been as bad (in recent seasons) up here as it was at Norwich. The same too at Fulham where he was not allowed to break his loan contract to return to a better contract at Derby!

He''s a quality player who has got a bit disheartened because he can see the path the club is on.

No doubt our fans will revel in his departure because he;''s "got a poor attitude" whilst worshipping far more average players because they turn up at fans quizes and sign a few autographs.

Sorry but we need players who perform

now we know Nelson can be one of the best strikers in the championship so is it tactics or him not wanting to be here ?

also if we sold him how much would we reinvest ?

no good selling him to pay off the overdraft and left with nothing up front

[quote user="Jim Smith"]He''s a quality player who has got a bit disheartened because he can see the path the club is on.

No doubt our fans will revel in his departure because he;''s "got a poor attitude" whilst worshipping far more average players because they turn up at fans quizes and sign a few autographs.[/quote]Absolutely Jim, after all, just look what a consistent, wholly committed, play his heart out striker he proved himself at all his previous clubs. But then, maybe they all turned out to be on the same path as us .....

we had a large number of well paid uncommitted players last year; they area drain on the club that we can do without.

but a player of his talent will not e easy to replace while sitting lower mid table - some wins between now and the opening of the window would make us more attractive.

Well I''m confused as to how he''s gone from the excellent striker we saw last season to the uncommitted trouble-maker people seem to think he is today.

I also do sort of agree with Jim- our fans do seem to have a low tolerance threshold for flair players while loving those who ''run around a bit'' and do some good social media. The amount of stick a talent like Redmond got vs the love for the nice but deeply average Elliot Bennett was a case in point.

Yup. Similarly you see players who try to take responsibility but make a mistake get more stick than those who hide away and take the easy way out.

If a decent bid comes in then I’d cut our ties and let him go. I have given up on us challenging for promotion with this current wave of players. Time to cash in, free up the wage budget and start again like we did under lambert. We have some promising players in the fringes that provided we keep some of the better performers like Maddison could reinvigorate the club for far less money than the current crop consistently underachieve on.

I would love to see Carlton Morris given a proper go. See what he can do with the likes of Murphy and Godfrey who he will have formed great relationships with. He may not have the record at championship level yet and he may not end up being good enough but I’d love to see us at least try, see what happens. We hardly have much to lose anyway.

Morris isn''t even in the top 20 scorers in League 1. If he wasn''t a Norwich player would anyone want us to bring him in?

Morris has seemingly struggled to lock down a starting place in League One again. I''d personally rather have him here as an option off the bench as we''re short of numbers upfront but looking at what he''s achieved on his various loan spells I really don''t see him being the answer in any real capacity.

I maintain we can''t afford to keep him if he isn''t going to grow some balls and man the f*ck up a little bit.
It''s not easy being a striker in our team at the moment but that is no excuse for not challenging for balls in the air. It''s a little bit of an excuse for trying the odd stupid 30 yard strike on your weak foot off balance but not an excuse for doing it 4 or 5 times in a match. It''s not an excuse for not rolling in a teammate for what wouldn''t be far off a tap in for you to selfishly take a naff shot from outside the area.
This is where players do have the power - in our financial situation we can''t afford to pay him week after week to not perform, when someone might be willing to pay £6 million or so for his services. Although on current form I don''t think we''d get the fee we''d like.

I would sell... but doubt we''d spend a single drop of the money on anyone better.... if only he had Camerons attitude. If only Cameron had his skill....

Depends which Nelson turns up, the one that spent most of his time outside the box against Cardiff, whose decision making was poor and who failed to take the good chance that came his way - Sell, the Nelson that we all know is in there, that is one of the best strikers in the division - Keep......

It only makes sense to sell him if a good enough replacement can be found surely?

Or would people rather we have only Jerome and Watkins with only one league goal between them?