Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Good game.

Hear hear, old fellowunfortunately I expect the site will be like an over flowing drain tonight as all the whiners and closet binners come oozing out

[quote user="lake district canary"]Bad luck today in a good competitive championhip match.  Pace and excitement and could have gone either way - and much to appreciate from our team. 

[/quote]I agree, but after one win in nine it''s much more difficult to take the positives than after one defeat in nine. Four games coming up that we need to go unbeaten in, really - three teams below us, and Brentford stuck in mid-table. As other posters have said, we need results, not hard luck stories.

What have the seals of Scobie sands and the stands at Carrow Road got in common?

They both like clapping.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Ding dong merrily oh high

The bells of heaven are clapping

Just like the crowd at Carrow Road

Whilst the fogeys on the board are napping

Glorororororia hosannah Delia is snoring

That is just as well the football is bleeding boring.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😘😘

[quote user="lake district canary"]Bad luck today in a good competitive championhip match.  Pace and excitement and could have gone either way - and much to appreciate from our team. 

[/quote]

Idiot

Ok. Should have kept my mouth shut, but it was a good away display imo, where we more than matched dirty Leeds - much more about that performance than some of the games we won earlier in the season.   Play with the same competitiveness like that every week and goals will start to come - and results.

Not often I will agree with LDC or Rhubarb, but, yes, we may not have scored, but we did create several chances, and could well have and should have, had a draw! Midfield totally overran Leeds, and poor defending, once again, cost us dearly. The fact that Leeds resorted to their normal physical stuff, and wasted every second they could to alleviate the pressure tells a story. There was some pleasing stuff from city, yes, we have a long way to go, sacking the coach is not the way forward, (we cannot afford it anyway) sticking with him is, it’s going to take time, maybe time we don’t have, but he will get there given the time. We aren’t going up this season, everyone knows that, but let’s just see where we are at this time next season with the outstanding young talent we have coming through!

Plenty of good performances today but sadly once again we look skillful without looking dangerous. I''m struggling to understand why Nelson is still starting though - I know he was out for a while but it seems as though with each game he plays he''s looks to be getting further away from last season''s form.

quite an entertaining game, both sides played well in the first half, went off the boil after half time but did get back into it.

Bad goal to concede, it wasn''t a free kick but there you go, still have to defend it.

Concede the goal and all the other good work done by the team is forgotten, thats the fans view and thats fair enough. I would hope the management however do take some of the positives, Vranic getting better and better, Reed played well as did Pinto.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Hello!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Hilarious to see grown men wallowing in delight at a defeat 😂

My four year old has got more self respect.[/quote]

Who has wallowed in defeat? People are just pointing out what a moronic post it is, and the post is getting the exact reaction the poster wanted it to get...

To be fair I think Duncan was pointing out how moronic crafty and baldys posts were. And that''s probably the reaction those two wanted to get.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Hello!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Who has wallowed in defeat? People are just pointing out what a moronic post it is, and the post is getting the exact reaction the poster wanted it to get...[/quote]Moronic post? Really?  I get that people don''t like losing, neither do I. It was only two or three weeks ago I posted on a Saturday that I could barely bring myself to sit and watch a match, the performances were getting so dull - but you couldn''t say that today.  I may be an armchair exile, but the same principles apply as any supporter - I comment as I find - and today I thought we played well in a tough game at a tough venue.

[quote user="Clever Farke"]Cant understand anyone getting upset after this game. This was far from some of our abject displays.[/quote]

I think it’s more to do with the predictability of it all.

I more frustrated that we are wasting the superior creative talents of Pritchard and Maddison by not having a goal scorer.

The odd performance like this would be easier to take if we knew we were building a team to move forward with. The reality is once Pritchard and madders leave in Jan were going to be even worse. Therefore picking up results while we have them is essential.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Hello!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Who has wallowed in defeat? People are just pointing out what a moronic post it is, and the post is getting the exact reaction the poster wanted it to get...[/quote]Moronic post? Really?  I get that people don''t like losing, neither do I. It was only two or three weeks ago I posted on a Saturday that I could barely bring myself to sit and watch a match, the performances were getting so dull - but you couldn''t say that today.  I may be an armchair exile, but the same principles apply as any supporter - I comment as I find - and today I thought we played well in a tough game at a tough venue. [/quote]In isolation, I agree with your analysis of today''s performance Lakey, but it''s within the context of one win in nine that it winds people up. Yes we played pretty well today, but we failed to score again, and we lost again. As I said in my previous post, four winnable matches coming up - and only wins are going to allay the mounting fears of our supporters.

Another awful refereeing performance but seems par for the course in the chumps.

Lots of posession and zero penetration (but with an honourable mention for Prichard). Olivera selfish and off the pace. Madison misfiring. Stirpermann totally out of his depth. But I guess the clappers are happy with on paper at least narrow defeats and not scoring. What a fiasco.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Hello!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Who has wallowed in defeat? People are just pointing out what a moronic post it is, and the post is getting the exact reaction the poster wanted it to get...[/quote]Moronic post? Really?  I get that people don''t like losing, neither do I. It was only two or three weeks ago I posted on a Saturday that I could barely bring myself to sit and watch a match, the performances were getting so dull - but you couldn''t say that today.  I may be an armchair exile, but the same principles apply as any supporter - I comment as I find - and today I thought we played well in a tough game at a tough venue. [/quote]In isolation, I agree with your analysis of today''s performance Lakey, but it''s within the context of one win in nine that it winds people up. Yes we played pretty well today, but we failed to score again, and we lost again. As I said in my previous post, four winnable matches coming up - and only wins are going to allay the mounting fears of our supporters.[/quote]

Exactly this,

Predictable, boring, toothless.

See, there is only so many times people can say ‘but we played well’.

One win in 9, losing but playing well doesn’t really cut it anymore and isn’t a god outcome