Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Farke

Struggled to score all season, despite the creative talents of Maddison, Hoolahan and today Pritchard.

Constantly conceding from set pieces.

Is Daniel Farke’s coaching getting the best out of our players? Are his tactics suitable for this division? We looked really good against Sheffield Wednesday when we upped the tempo in the second half, why was this approach not adopted more today?

Because weds was just the exception

And in answer to the questions no he’s not getting enough from the players and yes is out of his depth

Long term plan? What will we be like when our slightly better players are sold to balance books

We''ve still got good players here. ...I honestly think you could give this squad to 15 other managers currently in the championship and they would be getting these players to perform better.

Do you think we''d be 16th 17th or wherever we are if neil warock took hold of this team??

Anything less than 8 points from the 4 games over Xmas and farke can clear his desk

The worst is yet to come indeed but ... this is what happens when you don''t bounce back to the big time and you don''t have a billionaire owner.

Look at Wolves.

Distinctly average for a good while after falling out of the Prem.

Big money comes in = the new media favourites.

Did any of you actually see the match this afternoon?  The players had control of the match for long spells and there were good performances and urgency right through the team.  Forced their goalie to two excellent saves and hit the woodwork too. Could easily have got at least a point. Players performing at a high level against a very good team. 

1 win in 10...4th division centre halves, mid table 2nd Division German club players signed. No Strikers bought in. we were never going to keep the likes of Murphy, Dorrans and Howson... but we should have replaced them.Farke is not to blame but neither is he blame free.

[quote user="Syteanric"]Farke is not to blame but neither is he blame free.

[/quote]I am afraid you are going to have to explain that one to me Jas.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Syteanric"]Farke is not to blame but neither is he blame free.

[/quote]I am afraid you are going to have to explain that one to me Jas.[/quote]not to blame for the signings, he didn''t go out and get them. Webber did.However, there''s enough quality still in the squad to indicate we should be much higher than we are. this is due to training and tactics.

[quote user="Syteanric"]1 win in 10...4th division centre halves, mid table 2nd Division German club players signed. No Strikers bought in. we were never going to keep the likes of Murphy, Dorrans and Howson... but we should have replaced them.Farke is not to blame but neither is he blame free.

[/quote]

So which 4th division centre halves were playing today then? Thought I saw a Swiss international defender plus one we''ve just bought from Premiership side?

I''m not advocating Farke isn''t causing the problems but we''ve had nightmare time with injuries, and at least last two games have been up tempo and more direct. And sounds like we were in todays game the whole time and could have got something out of it.

We HAVE to win the next games else I''m in same boat as it''s a results driven business. 1 win in 10 is awful, so we can only be patient for so long

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Syteanric"]1 win in 10...4th division centre halves, mid table 2nd Division German club players signed. No Strikers bought in. we were never going to keep the likes of Murphy, Dorrans and Howson... but we should have replaced them.Farke is not to blame but neither is he blame free.

[/quote]

So which 4th division centre halves were playing today then? Thought I saw a Swiss international defender plus one we''ve just bought from Premiership side?

I''m not advocating Farke isn''t causing the problems but we''ve had nightmare time with injuries, and at least last two games have been up tempo and more direct. And sounds like we were in todays game the whole time and could have got something out of it.

We HAVE to win the next games else I''m in same boat as it''s a results driven business. 1 win in 10 is awful, so we can only be patient for so long[/quote]you did indeed, but injury and team selection have meant we''ve had a 4th division defender playing most of the games.. and rewarded him with a new deal.

[quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Syteanric"]1 win in 10...4th division centre halves, mid table 2nd Division German club players signed. No Strikers bought in. we were never going to keep the likes of Murphy, Dorrans and Howson... but we should have replaced them.Farke is not to blame but neither is he blame free.

[/quote]

We HAVE to win the next games else I''m in same boat as it''s a results driven business. 1 win in 10 is awful, so we can only be patient for so long[/quote]you did indeed, but injury and team selection have meant we''ve had a 4th division defender playing most of the games.. and rewarded him with a new deal.[/quote]

|Don''t disagree with that at all. 17 games should not mean longer term contracts are awarded, when he''s been good, but also poor at times. Strange decision by ncfc

Hopefully he''s learning and will improve. More excited about getting Raggers involved

[quote user="lake district canary"]Did any of you actually see the match this afternoon?  The players had control of the match for long spells and there were good performances and urgency right through the team.  Forced their goalie to two excellent saves and hit the woodwork too. Could easily have got at least a point. Players performing at a high level against a very good team.  [/quote]I agree with everything you say LDC but the fact is we lost.This is a results business and winning is really all that matters.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]It''s takes something special to turn a team who were joint top scorers last season with 85 goals into the third lowest in the league...[/quote]Also we''ve had 3 or 4 managers who have got us to finish above the binners...over to you Farke

I don’t know how safe his job and that of Webber’s is, but it should be coming under scrutiny in the boardroom now. I like Farke, he comes across as a genuine guy, Webber for me is a fraud and a one trick pony. but even when we take into account the upheaval in the playing squad over the summer, we are massively under performing. The table and stats don’t lie, this season and this new setup if failing massively. How long should it be allowed to continue? The board have real problems with this because no manager with any experience in this league will work under Webber. Sack Farke but keep Webber and we replace like for like.

Farke does not appear to have obvious Achilles heel flaws as per multiple recent Managers.

Players are not stupid, not are their agents. Norwich face a period of change. Some are eyeing the exits, some are already pushed towards it.

There is no appetite at all to remove the manager, nor is there the finance to do it, nor is the Manager the cause of many of the issues relating to our on-field travails.

There are almost no circumstances that will see Farke removed more before this time next year.

Parma

Parma and what if Farke and webber have us in bottom 3 before Jan ?

they must act i would sack both we have good players better than a lot of squads after 1/2 a season the team should of had time to gel and get the style of play

i would go to lincoln city and get their manager up and coming british manager who motivates players

If you’re asking for a prediction Norfolk, we have enough ability to survive reasonably comfortably this season.

After the summer relegation will be a very live possibility. The Manager debate is a relative red herring in the wider scheme of things however.

A side without (say) Klose, Pritchard, Oliveira, Tettey et al (let us hope not Maddison) might well struggle at the dirtier end of the League and would simply not have the weapons to trouble better clubs.

Fans overrate the empirical quality of their own players. Even our current players with some weapon characteristics have notable flaws. Players are as good as their overall plus-minus tactical and practical contribution to the whole set up.

Crouch is a weapon in that what he can do to affect a game he can do playing badly, like a Beckham Free kick or a Maddison corner. We some good players, but they have to be good and better to succeed. Simply being good at meeting set pieces - like say Pontus Jansen - is a low rent, but highly effective weapon.

With less money, finding weapons will be essential. However as you go lower down the food chains, weapons become more singular and likely less good as footballers, which is turn compromises a passing philosophy. This is not an argument for w reductive style, it merely highlights the reality of our available actions and realpolitik choices.

Parma

Can anyone confirm if alan irvine is actually at West Ham. ..in the times I''ve seen them on tv since moyes went there I''ve seen plenty of Stuart Pearce in the dugout but no irvine?

I''d send out an SOS and have him back here in charge in a shot.

@parma

Surely one of the advantages of this new system is that we can change manager without a huge change of style or turnover of players? Why are we so wedded to him?

Because he isn’t doing much wrong with what he’s got, there needs time for the philosophy to be second nature (then to be organically coached through from young ages and for that to produce), and because there are far better current uses for the money and the effort (distraction) involved.

Also because in PR terms it would undermine the message of the model (and Webber’s personal credibility).

Parma

I don’t buy the more time argument. We will probably have a turnover of players in January, even more in summer - so do we need to give those players a season to adapt to the philosophy again?

If it’s taking this long to pick it up, the philosophy is wrong.

Some fans need to balance that a long term playing style change will cause inconsistent results. Even the best in the world in Pep underperformed with city last season, including conceding some really poor goals as a result of continuously playing out from the back. He stuck to his guns, and I hope Farke does too.

Indeed Hogg and paucity of finance, resources and reduced playing staff - and the corollary of likely lower sporting level - only strengthens the argument to keep Farke in that adhering to the philosophy is borne out of necessity as much as Design now.

Our Corporate history also implies that we have an enthusiastic belief system in the latest managerial religion. This has been a characteristic whether omniscient Old-school English figurehead, Boot-room Dynasty or the new Continental model.

Cuts and Finance dictate that only long-term plans can now be employed. The strategy of necessity. As I have stated before, it is belated and crippled by financial realities before it has a chance to be fairly judged.

Parma

The comments about Zimmerman are harsh, i actually think on the whole he has been the best of the permanent signings behind Trybull. I''m more annoyed at the waste of 4m on Franke, Vrancic and Husband. The move for Franke seems particularly wasteful considering we then had to go and plough 4M into the Hanley signing.

Nah, Zimmerman benefits from low expectations - cheap and stepping up from a lower level so people are more forgiving. He''s been average at best and will be a squad player from now on.