Sign in to follow this  
pete

Lets sell all the duds

Like Klose and Naismith who are on a good wedge, the problem is who will buy players such as these who haven''t been pulling up trees. The answer is there will be no buyers and they will just sit on their packages.

Jarvis will see out his big contract.

There are only two saleable assets Pritchard and Maddison. Maybe Godfrey but will not attract sums that will interest City and because of age and where he came from is on the salary we can afford.

We will have to suck it up and service these big salaries until contracts come to an end. By which time £20m debt in 2009 will look small indeed.

Pete and duds. Like it[Y]Naismith won''t get much money but it would be good to clear his wages.Just buy off Jarvis, if this is possible.The sale of Pritchard or Maddison will bring in the best money, but I guess the fans woud not be happy, to say the least.

Problem is all the ones we can sell are the ones we will miss.

All the ones we would like to sell we will be stuck with.

So let’s get this right.

Let’s sell all the duds

Who will buy them

Nobody will buy them

It’s like an entire thread discussion in one paragraph...

He''s not a dud and I like him but I think Timm Klose has to be prime candidate to sell.

He''s good and can do a job in the prem so we would get good money, he''s on high and unsustainable wages and we have loads of defensive cover.

If he was spearheading us to promotion then he''d be the last player i''d want to sell but the reality is that we are a long way off.

We could have Mats Hummels in our defence and our team would still not be good enough to go up. We might as well accept mediocrity this season and start again with a more sustainable wage structure etc next season.

Naismith has said it will not be finances that determine his next move, but whether he is wanted, and can play full time football. We just need to get rid of him and hope some Scottish club is willing to pay a fee for him; maybe we can throw Jarvis in as well. Just getting those two off the wages bill alone will free up a large sum of money.

Full article from Naismith (if someone can do a clicky). Appears to be putting himself in the shop window...http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15780281.Rangers_return_call_would_be_hard_to_ignore_for_Steven_NaismithApples

I''m a bit confused by this - at the start of the season he said he saw it as a fresh opportunity to work under a new coach with new ideas on how to play. Then he gets injured and is out for 3 months and now he says the coach ''has his own ideas about how he wants to play''.

As someone said - getting £40k a week off the wage bill would be a good sale. If we could do the same with Jarvis, we could find a striker who might contribute more to the team than these two.

I''m an eternal optimist about players and would have liked him to have been a success for us, but right now he feels like a millstone from a contract point of view (and is probably one of those who Webber referred to in his infamous comment at the AGM!).

[quote user="hampton canary"]Naismith has said it will not be finances that determine his next move, but whether he is wanted, and can play full time football. We just need to get rid of him and hope some Scottish club is willing to pay a fee for him; maybe we can throw Jarvis in as well. Just getting those two off the wages bill alone will free up a large sum of money.[/quote]

I hope it''s true, but does this really mean he''ll move to another club on a lower wage and let City off the hook for the rest of his contract ?  I would be pleasantly surprised if so but I''m not holding my breath.  As for getting a fee on top, maybe if the deal is agreed on Christmas day ! 

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="hampton canary"]Naismith has said it will not be finances that determine his next move, but whether he is wanted, and can play full time football. We just need to get rid of him and hope some Scottish club is willing to pay a fee for him; maybe we can throw Jarvis in as well. Just getting those two off the wages bill alone will free up a large sum of money.[/quote]

I hope it''s true, but does this really mean he''ll move to another club on a lower wage and let City off the hook for the rest of his contract ?  I would be pleasantly surprised if so but I''m not holding my breath.  As for getting a fee on top, maybe if the deal is agreed on Christmas day ! 

[/quote]If Naismith''s on anything like the rumoured figure he''s on here there''s no way he''ll be offered anything like that in Scotland.He won''t move.