Sign in to follow this  
Sussexyellow

Brentford on Friday

It was reported that the two clubs agreed to move it to Friday night to allow more rest time between games. I didn''t know that clubs were allowed to do this. But this is how it was reported. Ridiculous kick-off time.

Thanks PP. Can only agree.

Saturday 3pm works so much better for me and probably many of our long distance travellers. But it is what it is and I will deal with it.

COYY

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]It was reported that the two clubs agreed to move it to Friday night to allow more rest time between games. I didn''t know that clubs were allowed to do this. But this is how it was reported. Ridiculous kick-off time.[/quote]From the Brentford site

Brentford’s away game at Norwich City

just before Christmas has been brought forward by a day. The Bees were

scheduled to be at Carrow Road for a Sky Bet Championship fixture on

Saturday 23 December. This match will now be played on Friday 22

December and will kick-off at 7.45pm.

The game was moved after both clubs agreed to the fixture change.

With The Bees also scheduled to play four matches in 10 days over the

festive period, it was felt by Head Coach Dean Smith and his staff, an

extra day could only be of benefit to the squad in a congested period.

It''s that darn Christmas football schedule. After all how can anyone who is earning £400k+ a year be expected to work for 90 minutes 4 days out of 9 and still do their best at their job?I tell you I''m glad I never made it as a professional footballer, it must be exausting.

strange, how it does not seem to have affected any other club playing on Sat 23rd

It''s certainly the case that in recent seasons a number of sides have their Easter Saturday games brought forward to the Friday, so I don''t see any particular difference here. Ultimately I''ll go with anything that helps the players look fresher for Boxing Day.

@branston

The major difference is that Good Friday is Bank Holiday, while this Friday isn''t. So it means for me, I can''t go as I have to travel a fair distance and cab never make evening games.

King - I''m not particularly close-by either, but decided to take the day off so will be going; I doubt as many Bees fans will be there as would have been for a Saturday, either. But I can understand some logic to the change, perhaps it''ll catch on but probably not.